• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

PEE WEE's CDW Chump V2 Proto

Put another Futaba 9157 in my rig and works great just like the old one. :mrgreen:
Also got my new taller knuckle hats from Erik D_lux in the mail today. "thumbsup"
50ca1927.jpg

Hopefully get those in tomorrow after work.
Thanks Erik! Will keep you posted on how they work out. "thumbsup"

Last edited:
Randy (SoCo) tried putting some in at AWCC lastnight and His were doing the same thing.

That sucks!
I got the taller ones and they fit in my knuckles nice but I still have movement. Been pm ing back and forth with Erik measurements trying to resolve it. "thumbsup"

Finally decided to figure out what to do with my knuckle hat issue so I could run my rig this weekend. "thumbsup"
So with a little brain storming with Roksloski and 8-454 we got it figured out. Luckily I had 2 sets because it took 2 from each set. After some cleaning up of the knuckle hat holes by chucking up some fine grit sand paper in my new drill press we cleaned up the holes. The first set I got were tight and would not move in the holes and those were then used in the bottom of the knuckle. When I tried to use them in the top and tighten the screws the knuckle was bound up. Then I measured the thickness of the knuckle and found the top of the knuckle to be a 1/64" thicker. After determining that I used the taller hats Erik sent me and everything works great now.

Thanks again D_lux, sloski and 8-454. "thumbsup"

Last edited:
Random. LOL.

Glad you got it figured out.

I also found the the c on my newage berg axle is 23.80mm and the c on a enroute berg axle of Roksloski's is 24.10mm.
The VP knuckles that I used were purchased when VP started building them. I bought them from someone who never put there berg together and they were my spare set. Don't know if that means anything?
But it's all good now. "thumbsup"

Motivation

So with some help from 8-454 after borrowing my rig when his ended up in the saltwater during a comp. Everett machined the front motor case.
eadd33d5.jpg

Chamfering my front tubes,
04297157.jpg
and more motivation to come.

So after some electrical issues 8-454 found that the punk dig needed replacing and some re routing of wires for a shut down problem Also changed to 16 gauge wire that Travis c commented on a long time ago. "thumbsup" rig is RTR again. Thanks Everett!"thumbsup"
Some more pics:
e3f59fae.jpg

The chamfering of the front tubes installed.
3455ea02.jpg

Last edited:
looking good. like tim said good times with great friends. hope to c u soon

Back