• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Marc's XR10 "The little Tank"

Swiss Rock Force

Pebble Pounder
Hi all,

I like to introduce myself and my XR10 build.
I live in Switzerland and I started with RC rock crawling in spring 2011 with a Kyosho Rock Force. After the first season I changed to my XR10.

Here are some facts about my rig:

- XR10 axles with RC4WD HD gears (3mm drilled for less weight)
- VP motorplates, gearboxes, link mounts, knuckles and knuckleweigths with additional rings
- Lower titan links from Chaotic Crawlers
- Upper carbon links (custom made of 4mm carbon)
- Alu screws and nuts from Fastener Express and alu balls from Chaotic Crawlers
- VP alu wheels (drilled for less weight)
- Closed cell dual stage foams from Crawler Innovations
- HB Rover white tires
- BWD delrin motor savers from Crawler Innovations
- Team Brood Apocalypse T35 Type "ST" motors
- Orignal XR10 Skidplate with custom made carbon chassis parts
- Parma x-citer body cutted down to 24g
- Hitec HS7950-TH servo with Castle 10A BEC
- Tekin FXR ESC
- Punk Dig (something for the museum :roll: )
- SCX10 shocks with plastic shafts
- Losi mini T soft springs
- Battery holder made of lexan (1g)
- Steering link from custom made carbon for more steering angle

Actual RTR weight is 2098g or 4.63lbs.

The first tests of this setup were really successful. So I hope it will bring good results this season.

Here are some pics of my rig:

BR,
Marc

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

hi Roxx,

Thank you.

We have really cold temperatures in Switzerland during winter. But I will try do make a video as soon as possible. without getting ill :mrgreen:

dang looks great so light what about making the front the same as to rear? might have to use your idea if you dont mind, i dont think i have the skills like you though.

dang looks great so light what about making the front the same as to rear? might have to use your idea if you dont mind, i dont think i have the skills like you though.

the reason, why the front shock is laying flat is, because of the height of the body. the body is mounted that deep, that i can drive on even when the crawler is upside down. this way i can avoid a few rollovers.

no problem if you like to use this idea :mrgreen:

Hi marc if you feel like it we do have a comp here in the netherland on the 27/01 . Here the weather is ok ;-)

hi Roxx

Thank you for the invitation. But I would prefer to come to a comp in netherlands from spring to autumn. I think you guys have some comps then, right? if you know the dates, you can post them.

Marc

ups :shock: thanks to all for your positive posts! i didn't expect a reaction like this...

my plan is to visit a big comp in the USA. i'm not sure if it is already possible this year... but I try my best. I really want to meet the worlds best crawlers :mrgreen:

Marc

Back