• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Lowboy v3 XR-10

looks like your running the same lower link I am. I used the following for my rod ends to get the 12.5" WB

Rear:
Jato trimmed 2mm @ chassis
Revo @ axle

Front:
Jato trimmed 3mm @ chassis
XR10 Straight (off of tree AX80067) @ axle, watch these ones with 4mm hardware. Pre-drill them slow before tapping to 4mm or they will split. Revos are very close, just a hair short, they work well to, just shave a little off the tip.:lmao:

:twisted: Looks Bad Ass :twisted:

Love the look of the white delrin w/ the HH stickered panel

thank you sir "thumbsup"

Put some Losi gold springs on there and you should be set. Oh, and get rid of those Axial upper links, they will bend easily. Otherwise great looking build so far."thumbsup"

the stock uppers are a bit flimsy :roll: ..... might go with the axial aluminum bent links ....... the losi golds have always skipped my mind when placing my orders .... i'll make sure to get a set .... ive read good reviews about them as well ... "thumbsup"8)

looks like your running the same lower link I am. I used the following for my rod ends to get the 12.5" WB

Rear:
Jato trimmed 2mm @ chassis
Revo @ axle

Front:
Jato trimmed 3mm @ chassis
XR10 Straight (off of tree AX80067) @ axle, watch these ones with 4mm hardware. Pre-drill them slow before tapping to 4mm or they will split. Revos are very close, just a hair short, they work well to, just shave a little off the tip.:lmao:

i'm still shy of 12.5" .... i'll add a bit here and a bit there till i get it all squared up ... :ror:

Yep.... defiantly toss some golds front/rear...

thanks ... will do!! "thumbsup"

well my very new V3 just got really old with all the new V4's coming out and i just finished setting up my dual micro's!!!!! :roll:

got these a week back and thought i'd wait til i update but damn those new sleek V4's came out all together really fast!!!! :shock:

img00810.jpg

place the micros back to back as ol' gravy did

img00813.jpg

i was a bit worried at first cos they did nothing but sputter and cog but after hookin em up with the castle link .... they were smooth from the first throttle and the drag brake is insane ....

they barely heat up as well

img00811.jpg

just some crappy finished pics just outside the porch .... wheelbase sits at exactly 12.5" now

img00815.jpg

img00814.jpg

i need to customize me some delrin uppers and yes .... i do need losi golds ...

Looks good!

One question? Why go with such a low torque servo for the steering? Did you mean to get that servo for a specific reason? For the price you could have alot of other options, or get damn near the same torque for alot less with a 5645MG

Looks sick!! Awsome job.

thanks "thumbsup"

Looks good!

One question? Why go with such a low torque servo for the steering? Did you mean to get that servo for a specific reason? For the price you could have alot of other options, or get damn near the same torque for alot less with a 5645MG

it was on sale for $79 on all e rc :mrgreen: "thumbsup" .... just thought of throwin it in the cart with the micros which were on sale for $59 each

i did want to get the 7950 but it was twice as much ... plus i have an extra JR8711 if this thing doesnt work for me anyways "thumbsup"

NICE "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

thanks "thumbsup"

just a couple of pics ...

customized me some motor skids from white plastic folders .... zip tied together :mrgreen:

img00811.jpg

img00812.jpg

moved the shocks inside and extended the shock rod end so that the wheels dont rub on full steer angle "thumbsup"

img00814.jpg

img00810.jpg

the electronics crammed inside ... the micros are tiny .... lots of space in the v3 ;-)

img00813.jpg

im gonna get her out on the rocks on friday and will post aaction shots ... ive been doin some crazy throttle blips on carpet and it looks like the 9mm bearing mod is doing its job!!! "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

video will be up soon ..... had a gtg with the crawlers here in dubai .... just a couple of action shots .... "thumbsup"

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

img00827.jpg

img00829.jpg

img00828.jpg

img00830.jpg

img00820.jpg

"thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

did an aluminum threaded rod mod to the BTA steering .... the stock linkages just wobble like anything while turning :shock:

img00831.jpg

i ran 4 packs of 1200mah 3s on the xr-10 axles yesterday with all sorts of crazy throttle combos ..... the 9mm bearing mod seems to be doings its job ...

What size rod did you use? Which rod ends? Did you have to shave the case like the others? (looks like you did)

What size rod did you use? Which rod ends? Did you have to shave the case like the others? (looks like you did)

i used 149mm threaded rods (end to end with out rod ends) ..... the rod ends are the standard revo rod ends from traxxas .... "thumbsup"

i didnt shave the BTA case .... left it as is and limited the EPA on my transmitter .... the tires will rub against the shocks if i do let it steer maxed out anyways .... so i left it as is :mrgreen:

the threaded aluminum rod did take out all the slop in steering .... nice and solid now "thumbsup"

i used 149mm threaded rods (end to end with out rod ends) ..... the rod ends are the standard revo rod ends from traxxas .... "thumbsup"

i didnt shave the BTA case .... left it as is and limited the EPA on my transmitter .... the tires will rub against the shocks if i do let it steer maxed out anyways .... so i left it as is :mrgreen:

the threaded aluminum rod did take out all the slop in steering .... nice and solid now "thumbsup"

Sweet! Where did you get the rod from?

with all the cool V4 builds on here .... i was a little hesitant in updating my build thread .... :oops:

just a few changes .... im feeling real comfy now driving the rig ...... just wanted to see if you guys can chime in on any other things i can work on ....

fabbed me up some really beef uppers .... losi golds in all 4 corners on 40wt shock oil .... changed to a JR DS8411 servo with a beefy R2 servo horn .... put in some jato rod ends to get the 12.5 wheelbase without spacers ... "thumbsup":mrgreen:

pictur15.jpg

pictur14.jpg

pictur18.jpg

pictur17.jpg

pictur16.jpg

the mamba micros are still working like a charm side by side with the matched HH45T's ...

Your build looks great man! Good job keeping the black and white theme going...I'm partial to the white chassis too "thumbsup"

Back