• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Lowboy v3 XR-10

strawb

Quarry Creeper
most of the stuff i'm using for this build came from the RCC for sale section! "thumbsup"

lots of good people to deal with here in RCC ... :roll: :)

just wanted to share my build and was hoping to receive tips, tricks, comments and advice from those who have built and are running xr-10's now ... :ror: "thumbsup"

specs:

XR-10 axles (twistedone)
Y-town Beetlejuice V3 Lowboy Chassis (krawlfreak)
XR-10 upper links front & rear (stock axial rod ends) (twistedone)
t1e high clearance links (rear) - revo rod ends (Novas Ark)
t1e low clearance links (front) - revo rod ends (Novas Ark)
Losi 4" crawler shocks with 40wt oil (hbj069)
HH 45T matched motors (JRH)
CC BEC set @ 6v (JRH)
Pro DH with 335 hubs (hbj069)
SLW V3's with 225 hubs (hbj069)
Nova 5.5 Double D's (Nova's Ark)
HB Sedonas (Nova's Ark)
Helipro 1200mah 3s Lipo
Spektrum SR300
Futaba 3PKS

some items i am waiting for are ...

Mamba Micro Pro esc x 2nos
Avid 5 x 9 x 3 flanged metal bearings
Avid 5 x 8 x 3 rubber bearings
Hitec HS-7985MG Servo

img00738.jpg

img00739.jpg

this is what ive finished so far .... its still a work in progress but hopefully i'll have it in roller form in a day or two .. "thumbsup"

img00742.jpg

thanks! ... i wanted a v4 as well but the build itch just can't wait so i pulled the trigger for the v3 ..... plus i cant bend links the way krawlfreak does anyways! :ror:

got my Sedona's, Nova DOuble D's and T1e lower links yesterday ...

the sedona's are huge!!!! :twisted:

img00748.jpg

got the lowers installed and got the rig in roller form "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

img00749.jpg

img00750.jpg

img00751.jpg

this is how the rig stands now! just not sure if i need to lower the chassis? .... :roll:

img00752.jpg

im sure the clearance will be a little higher than what it is now after i get the sedonas mounted ... :)

Measure at the front of the chassis, lowest point. That's where everyone else does. Looks like it might be a bit higher than the avg, but not too bad

i'm thinking of limiting the shocks internally so i can lower the COG .... but im really not sure on the average belly clearance and over-all height of the beetlejuice chassis ....

its almost a full inch higher in the belly compared to my fastback ...

Looks great "thumbsup"

There are only two things that prevent me from running a BJ...

1) My loyalty to Juan

2) Knowing that Juan's chassis will also work well.

Other than that I would be rocking a v4 when they come out.

This is looking sick! I cant bend links either....thanks for sharing your ideas. "thumbsup"

thanks ..... and your very much welcome "thumbsup"

Looks great "thumbsup"

There are only two things that prevent me from running a BJ...

1) My loyalty to Juan

2) Knowing that Juan's chassis will also work well.

Other than that I would be rocking a v4 when they come out.

i actually PM'd juan on when the UGC moa will come out ..... just couldn't stop the urge of starting the build!!! :twisted:

fastback for shafties .... beetlejuice for moa's ... 8)8)8)

the best of both worlds "thumbsup"

still waiting for a couple of things before i can get this baby to hit the rocks though :roll:

Last edited:
You wont get a true measurement of clearance til you get the battery and electrics in. So i wouldnt go adjusting anything yet.
Looking good "thumbsup"

You wont get a true measurement of clearance til you get the battery and electrics in. So i wouldnt go adjusting anything yet.
Looking good "thumbsup"

that did cross my mind .... :)

its just that i cant keep my hands off it while waiting for the electronics :lmao:

To get my ride height correct I ended up drilling another set of holes behind the front shock mount locations. I kept the spacing the same and followed the same slight curve of the other holes when laying it out. Worked great. Limiting the front shocks internally wouldnt have been enough travel if I put in enoug limiters to get it where I wanted. It works great at 3" static (fully built with battery).

To get my ride height correct I ended up drilling another set of holes behind the front shock mount locations. I kept the spacing the same and followed the same slight curve of the other holes when laying it out. Worked great. Limiting the front shocks internally wouldnt have been enough travel if I put in enoug limiters to get it where I wanted. It works great at 3" static (fully built with battery).

thanks .... "thumbsup"

that would lower the front end of the skid and maintain the same ride height at the rear ... "thumbsup" ... great advice ....

i placed 10mm limiters inside the shocks before so i was hesitant in limiting them more cos the amount of compression in the shocks would not be enough ....

.... and you should keep your fastback .... hehe :ror:

still waiting for electronics and hubs for the other set of VP wheels i have ... :cry:

just gettin bored of waiting .... decided to place spacers in both the front and rear lowers to get some length in there .... the rig is still shy from the standard 12.5" ...

drilled some holes as well in the front hood to move the shocks further (thanks mxracer33x) ... "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

sittin beside my UGC Fastback R1 ... with some new panels

img00753.jpg

img00754.jpg

this is how she stands right now .... :ror:

img00757.jpg

img00758.jpg

img00755.jpg

i need to get me some rock poser shots though :lmao::mrgreen:

Curious to see the mamba micro's installed...That is what I'm debating swapping
in place for my dual FXR's....

Coming along nicely! Looking forward to seeing some "action" shots

thanks DT .... i'll get some of em action shots but im strengthening the axles first before i let er rip!!! "thumbsup"

it takes forever for my parts to arrive here!!! dont wanna run 5 mins and wait another 3 weeks for replacements!! (i hope that doesnt happen) :shock:

Curious to see the mamba micro's installed...That is what I'm debating swapping
in place for my dual FXR's....

i'm plain curios on how i'll be wiring them up??? :lmao:i did debate on whether i'll go with micros or the fxr .... just went with gut instinct with the micros (plus it was on sale for $59.99 in all e rc) "thumbsup".... we'll see how she runs when it gets here (hopefully soon though) :shock: "thumbsup"

:twisted: Looks Bad Ass :twisted:

Love the look of the white delrin w/ the HH stickered panel

img00755.jpg

Put some Losi gold springs on there and you should be set. Oh, and get rid of those Axial upper links, they will bend easily. Otherwise great looking build so far."thumbsup"

Back