• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Bugs and Beetles Thread - Show us yours, and go ahead and talk about it.

Added under body lights to mom's bug and some window mesh.

She's been practicing some new tricks too. "thumbsup"

Attachments

• lit bug.jpg
    lit bug.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 1,228
  • tricky mom.jpg
    tricky mom.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 1,205
Oh man, I have a week spot for bugs, too. After seeing all the fantastic rigs in this thread I had to show some pics of the first run of my "Creepy Beetle", a Venom Creeper based bug:

Creepy Beetle 01.jpg

Creepy Beetle 02.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics, my camera is on vacation with my wife :lmao:

Love all the Käfer. And planing to use one in my new build Based on a 3racing ex-real Kit. Are there hard Body Options available? And which wheelbase did they use?

Send by my Pixel 2 XL with Tapatalk

Here is a shot of mine on the bench. Need to shoot some video on the beach before it snows:mrgreen:

It will be getting a set of rusty headlamps yet.

smog-71996-albums4083-66192.jpg

If these are the only option i think i will try to hunt a charisma lexan body.
The look of sand scorcher front doesn't look right to me, that's not a käfer. And i don't use fb, i'm not a product;-). But your looks awesome tossedman, liked your lexan one also"thumbsup"

Thx for your input, sad that's there is no hard body kit.

Yeah, I know what you mean about some bodies not looking like a käfer or beetle. The Carisma one is close if you can find one. If you're interested send me a PM and I'll give you the email address of the guy that makes the fibreglass one.

Cheers eh,

Todd

SCX10 chassis sitting on 2.2's from a Wraith.
Built it out of spare parts we had laying around. Just finished it today.

jXtYHoP.jpg

Q5iYaUb.jpg

1b0ATTz.jpg

What's the wheelbase on that one, Tossedman?

I'm still toying with what I could install a set of those wheels and tires (except in white) on, and I'm thinking they will be too large for a Tamiya MF01X Beetle - which has a 9.4" (239mm) wheelbase.

May need to go another route...

I'm still in the planning stages, basically just wanting to build something based around those wheels and tires that has at least a rally feel, or maybe a Lada Niva, or Suzuki Jimny.

I just love those wheels and tires!

Back