• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SVT is Gen-er 8-ing a new thread

Thanks for the shout-out, Derek. Great discussion of printed parts. Most people who print at home use PLA. It works fine for non-functional accessories, but not so well for load-bearing functional parts. It’s also prone to warping when it gets hot (like inside a car or out on a table on a hot summer day). ABS is better than PLA. Even better are some of the high-strength nylon filaments, not to mention the powder based nylon prints from Shapeways. Settings (like wall thickness and infill) and design also have a major impact on durability.

As for the hump, as Derek mentioned, it drove me nuts on the Venture (which has much shorter tires stock), and I noticed it a few times climbing over roots and such in the Gen8. It’s not as much of an issue as the stock skid on the TF2, but why not fix it if you can. Which is what we did.

But enough from me. Derek is much more entertaining than I am, lol. Please proceed...

Back