• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

OK.. That worked ..
OK-- I picked up a redcat supercrawler about 4 years ago . For what i want out of it its great ,, I go out for a walk in the woods or a river bed and i can keep up with it ,, I know its slow but perfect for me. I have fixed or repaired most everything on it and keep parts in stock to fix most anything . I can get 10-20 hours of play before sumthin breaks .. lucky half the times its only the axle hub shear pins ( or what ever they are called - to keep cost down i use 0.100 solid copper wire - ima cheap skate ) I like it when you know your weak link - its easy and cheap to fix .. I know well from the real world you modify sumthin to not break anymore and you create a new weak link and that one might be MAJOR cost and work . 2 Question please -- it this thread still gets read .
#1 ) - When i climb a hill or up a long steep rock the front tires seem to spin about 25 + % or so more than the rear tires when going forward ,, If i go reverse and use rear steer the front/rear are even .. Anyone experience this ? Do I have a defective speed control ? It seems the OEM 2 motor speed control is not findable ..
#2) - has anyone actually found replacement tires or a tire/rim combo for the supercrawler ? Ive read many posts saying what tire size they SHOULD BE but never a follow up that i have found so far . Ive read they might be series 40 - 3.8 .. But those seem to big and not sure they will fit the OEM rim ? The hubs on the supercrawler are 23 mm and from what i have found seems to be a odd ball size .
Im not totaly new to the RC world as I had a tymiya blackfoot back in the early 80s and when the RC10 came out i got spanked by those who had much more $$ than i did ..
By the way my supercrawler is stock ,, runnin NMH - stock everything except for the mods ive done to help it stop breaking ..LOL.. If I can figure out how to do it ill post a pic ,,
Thanks for readin my jibberish ,,
Kavea
Supercrawler .. play 1-2-3 times a month .
OK-- Cant figure out how to post a pic .. to computer challanged ,,lol

I replied to your other thread in the Redcat section. May not be too helpful nor what you're wanting to hear but I wanted to at least share with you my honest opinion. Maybe you'll receive more assistance than I was able to provide. Best of luck.

Just a quick hello.

Thinking of getting an rc after buying my sons HBx's for their bday. I like the idea of a kit, partial to the Gatekeeper, bc I could learn but also eyeing used RTRs as I don't have spare anything and want to stay on a budget.
-maurice

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Hi To everyone, My name is Guglielmo but you can call me Guly.

I m Italian living in Sweden, I m in the scaler/crawler world from a short time.

I have a TRX4 Bronco Body I m all ready modifying the body and custom the electronic part.

I have also order a Injora clone frame I m curious to see and try.

Super nice Forum, thanks for all the info you share here!!!!!

Guly

Hello, New to this crawling action. So I will need some help from time to time. From Arkansas. Looking for a club around Hot Springs area. Appreciate all your help.

Sorta new, seems I registered back in 2015. Probably scouring for some info or another. Just recently picked up an scx24, having a ball with it so far. Then a couple days ago I bought a couple bins full of RC stuff and there is an Axial AX10 in there. It needs a little help so I'll be searching around on here for info.

Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Hello to all the newbies coming in.

I'm certainly no ambassador to the forum but I don't want everyone coming in to feel like the forum is completely dead.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Indeed welcome. We have some slow days and some wild ones, but for certain this is a great group of folks who love this hobby.
Not to mention an excellent source of information. From most folks here anyway.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

First post. I'm Josh from New Braunfels, TX and I'm a newbie to everything that is RC. Of course I had some of those cheap $20 Radio Shack and Walmart RC's when I was a child but now getting into the hobby stuff. Wife said I can't buy any more Land Rovers or Land Cruisers so I figured she couldn't be mad if I just bring home plastic toys. I recently purchased an Element RC Trailwalker that I plan to re-body and a cheap MN99S Defender to practice upgrades on. Once I'm comfortable tearing apart and upgrading the Defender I will feel comfortable hacking on one of the more expensive rigs. Anyhow, thanks for letting me join!

Hello,

New here with CR-24 micro-crawler.

Coming from HO slot cars, so even micro crawlers are huge LOL.

While doing some research about what to vuy and not spend a lot of money I found out about WPL trucks, so a couple of those are on the way.

Hello, I'm new to RC. I'm trying to figure out what batteries to get for my phenix. I understand the stats on batteries. What I don't understand is how can you run a 3s lipo 11.1v or more in what I thought was a 7.4v system. I believe a mamba x is 8.0v max. I know I'm missing something and don't really know squat about electronics.

Hello, I'm new to RC. I'm trying to figure out what batteries to get for my phenix. I understand the stats on batteries. What I don't understand is how can you run a 3s lipo 11.1v or more in what I thought was a 7.4v system. I believe a mamba x is 8.0v max. I know I'm missing something and don't really know squat about electronics.

Welcome.
Mamba X is good up to 25.2 volts or a 6s battery (or as low as 2s).

... What I don't understand is how can you run a 3s lipo 11.1v or more in what I thought was a 7.4v system. ....

Welcome to RCC, Steven!

Almost all modern ESC's will auto adjust themselves during the initial boot up (i.e. when you turn on the switch each time). Some will even beep back at you for the number of cells the ESC determined during set up.

One thing you may need to take into account is to set the ESC for whether you're using Lipo batteries or Nicad/Nimh. Some ESCs this is done via programing while others simple have a jumper plug on the ESC. If you post the model of ESC over on the "Newbies General" or "Electronics" sections, I'm sure someone will be familiar and help you out with the setting.

Edit:

Oops, sorry.....you already mentioned Mamba X for your ESC. I'm not familiar with that one but I'm sure someone on here can help if needed.

Last edited:
Welcome to RCC, Steven!

Almost all modern ESC's will auto adjust themselves during the initial boot up (i.e. when you turn on the switch each time). Some will even beep back at you for the number of cells the ESC determined during set up.

One thing you may need to take into account is to set the ESC for whether you're using Lipo batteries or Nicad/Nimh. Some ESCs this is done via programing while others simple have a jumper plug on the ESC. If you post the model of ESC over on the "Newbies General" or "Electronics" sections, I'm sure someone will be familiar and help you out with the setting.

Edit:

Oops, sorry.....you already mentioned Mamba X for your ESC. I'm not familiar with that one but I'm sure someone on here can help if needed.

Actually I'll be using the rx4, was quoting what I thought was mamba x stats
but was wrong. Thanks.

I'm trying to bleed my shocks S8E and after bleeding them when I extend the shaft it contracts. Rebound is about 1/8 when fully compressed. What am I doing wrong?

I'm trying to bleed my shocks S8E and after bleeding them when I extend the shaft it contracts. Rebound is about 1/8 when fully compressed. What am I doing wrong?

Also what should the shock do when extended and compressed, what rebound should it have?

I dunno that you're actually doing anything wrong. It's going to be more beneficial to you if you do a search on "tuning rock crawling rc shocks" You can also search and find already posted opinions/ experiences here on RCC about filling and tuning shocks.

I will say that at least imo I don't think that having a perfect shock set-up is quite as important in crawling as in other RC applications. Generally you want to keep the air out and just the right amt of oil to provide a bit of rebound. But there are a ton of variables involved that will produce different results. Even the amount of rebound has been debated in detail. Back when I was running stadium trucks, I spent a LOT of time fine-tuning shocks but with my rock crawlers I don't expend nearly as much time. Most my time with crawler shocks are getting things set up by oil weight, spring rate, and preload.

For now I wouldn't sweat it too much. I would seek full compression and a slight rebound but beyond that, I'd just search for some RCC threads on the topic and maybe watch a couple videos for more detailed info.

Back