• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

New to the forum and saying hello from Crosby, Tx. Been messing with RC’s for about 40 years and still getting into new stuff. Just now showing up to the crawler scene. Looking forward to getting going.

New to the forum from NYC. My son and I got TRX4-M’s for Christmas and immediately started modding them ( he is 6 and RC obsessed) and built an indoor crawler course. I went down the YouTube rabbit hole and ended up ordering a Vanquish Phoenix straight axle. I love building models and wrenching on bikes and motorcycles so super excited to build this kit. I am a total noob to RC so will have lots of questions but just surfing the site today I can see so much great info here. Thanks, Mike.

Welcome. It was not long ago I was new to the forum. Help is readily available but it's not an overly active forum.

I joined almost 10 years ago but am now just thinking of getting back in now that i have kids. Never had a crawler but have owned dozens of traxxas trucks and 8th scale buggies.

Thinking about trx4 , ecto, or scx10iii.

I am a traxxas guy but have never owned a trie crawler. I had a wraith for a few days years ago when i was buying and selling 8th scale buggies. I also had several axial exo terras and they were fun short course but impossible to work on quickly. Never had element but i loved associated buggies

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I joined almost 10 years ago but am now just thinking of getting back in now that i have kids. Never had a crawler but have owned dozens of traxxas trucks and 8th scale buggies.

Thinking about trx4 , ecto, or scx10iii.

I am a traxxas guy but have never owned a trie crawler. I had a wraith for a few days years ago when i was buying and selling 8th scale buggies. I also had several axial exo terras and they were fun short course but impossible to work on quickly. Never had element but i loved associated buggies

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
About 6 months ago i bought a YK 4082 PRO 1/8 RC Car 2.4G Six-Channel Remote*

there BIG and easy to work on,

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk

Hello RC Forum,

My name is jeff and im an rc newbie. At this point in time I live in eau claire, wi and my only rc vehicle is a mogrich.

Perhaps i broke major rc forum etiquette rule by not posting here all the pertinent info about me before i posted a technical question…… but as my virtual world name implies im 450 years old and people at this age tend to have more sore spots on them which can make them surly….. so sometimes they do stuff that offends other people……

In the physical world i do really like to live to a higher standard and be a person who says “im sorry” , “i don’t know”, “how can i help”.

Talk to ya’all soon!

Hello RC Forum,

My name is jeff and im an rc newbie. At this point in time I live in eau claire, wi and my only rc vehicle is a mogrich.

Perhaps i broke major rc forum etiquette rule by not posting here all the pertinent info about me before i posted a technical question…… but as my virtual world name implies im 450 years old and people at this age tend to have more sore spots on them which can make them surly….. so sometimes they do stuff that offends other people……

In the physical world i do really like to live to a higher standard and be a person who says “im sorry” , “i don’t know”, “how can i help”.

Talk to ya’all soon!

Welcome, Surly. My name's Testy. Welcome to RCC.

Hi. I've had an account here few years ago. My name is Zbigniew. I'm from Poland. In this hobby since 2010. Except building rc cars, I'm interesting in dirt jumping, snowboarding, offroad & metal fabrication and filmmaking. I plan to show some of my cars in near future/

Hey everyone. Fairly new to rc, I've got a couple SCT's, an Arrma Senton and a Traxxas UDR. A buddy is a member here and has a bunch of crawlers. I'm pretty sure he's convinced me to get started with one so I'm looking at maybe an Axial SCX10, probably the Base Camp. See y'all soon.

New to the forum and have a front end question. I have a TRX4M that with and without turning the front end clunks and steering twitches under power. When at full steering angle it’s super noticeable but even without turning I can hear/feel something clunking and the front link, horn, etc moves back and forth. Tires don’t appear to be rubbing, went with a narrower and slightly taller tire. I have the injora brass steering link. I ruled out motor or trans because I have the factory unit and the low range and it does it with both. I’m assuming it’s something with front diff, front drive shaft, or axels. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

PS I tried to upload a video but it wouldn’t work. Story of my life…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello All,

Newbie here from sunny Arizona. I am new to the hobby only ever having cars as a kid and never a crawler. I am looking buy my first RC vehicle in probably 30+ years. I have great spots right outside my front door for crawling and mountain trails and I am trying to decide between 1/24, 1/18 or 1/10 scale at the moment. I am looking forward to scanning this site for info and getting to know you all. Have a great day!

New to the forum and have a front end question. I have a TRX4M that with and without turning the front end clunks and steering twitches under power. When at full steering angle it’s super noticeable but even without turning I can hear/feel something clunking and the front link, horn, etc moves back and forth. Tires don’t appear to be rubbing, went with a narrower and slightly taller tire. I have the injora brass steering link. I ruled out motor or trans because I have the factory unit and the low range and it does it with both. I’m assuming it’s something with front diff, front drive shaft, or axels. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

PS I tried to upload a video but it wouldn’t work. Story of my life…

bearings will solve a lot of that issue, but you are probably hitting the limits in turning and causing a little binding

Newb Alert!

Been lurking a while, google always ends up sending me this way :mrgreen:

Hopefully will get a few build threads up, currently running a 10.3 JLU and a G speed. Also just built up a Phoenix.

Hi all……..
My name is Craig from Gresham Oregon
My crawlers are:
Traxxas trx4 sport
Axial scx10 II deadbolt
Axial scx10 III base camp
Redcat Everest gen 7 sport

Been into crawlers for a few years, I also had….
Vaterra ascender K5
2 gen7 pro
3 Everest 10s
Danchee ridgerock

Just arrived. Stumbled on these awesome mini crawlers by accident a few weeks ago, and had to get into this. Previously its been many many years since I had any R/C vehicle. I'm primarily interested in 1/10 scale.

I've been so enthralled with this hobby I bought one after a week of watching videos. I just completed my first mod as well. Seems like this could easily become a money pit.

It may not be the best, but it seemed like a good starting point feature and price wise. I bought a Traxxas TRX4 Defender 110.

Looking forward to learning from people here and enjoying some trail time. I'm in upstate SC.

Wade

Back