• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Veeper Custom Scaler Build

I experimented today with brazing rod instead of silver wire, and I am sold!!!! Not only is it WAY less expensive, I prefer the flow of the rod, its more forgiving of contaminated material, and it has double the psi strength. So this afternoon I brazed on the front shock mounts

Also worked on the rear section of the cage

Aww, familiar with that rig. Used it for my first two builds and hated how much oxygen I had to use. 4 to 5 bottle to a single bottle of gas. I was considering going with silver solder on the next one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I hear that!!! I just hooked up my 3rd bottle of oxygen and still got a long way to go. I'm going to build 16ga plate bumpers and TIG them at work to save some of my oxygen.

Got some new Axial 8 hole 1.9 beadlock wheels yesterday and mounted some G8 compound Proline TSL SX's....excited to test these out!!!

Today I was able to fab a front bumper using 18ga steel, still plan on adding grill guard and winch.

Also extended the rear frame rails

Should I add more triangulation?

Made some more progress on the cage. Added X-bracing, fabbed a rear bumper and spare tire mount, added a front section and tied into the front shock hoops, extended the rock sliders to fit the body better. Still debating on tube fender flares....

Diggin the build dude! But don't hesitate to drop in an axial tranny when that venom goes belly up. My tranny lasted thru 2+yrs of sportsman comps & a yr of scaling before she let go. I would have rebuilt it, but when i pulled the little rubber flapper off to check it out, my dog fell in, & it took a crew of 14 & a chopper to locate him in that bitch! They're big clunky effers.:mrgreen:

I would have rebuilt it, but when i pulled the little rubber flapper off to check it out, my dog fell in, & it took a crew of 14 & a chopper to locate him in that bitch! They're big clunky effers.:mrgreen:
:lmao: you crack me up!!! With parts getting harder to find I will be upgrading some day, probably to a R2 to a t-case.

Cage is done and ready to paint!!!! I decided to bend up tube fender flares

Added a grill guard/stinger to the front bumper

Few more cross braces and its time to prep for paint

Alright, painted the chassis Navy Blue and the body Orange

Trimmed the body and checked out the colors together

Junfac carbon drivelines got backordered on me and possibly discontinued so I guess Traxxas drivelines are gonna have to do. Also the front axle was positioned 1/4" too far forward for my liking so i made some shorter lower links and determined if I swap out the upper rod ends for shorter bent rod ends I will avoid having to make new upper links. Now the problems is I have stopped at two LHS and none of them know where to get plastic bent 3mm rod ends. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanx for the compliment Jado, I ordered a pack of plastic bent rod ends from RC4WD, and was able to get the front axle dialed!!! Gotta make a package tray for the electronics and then Ican test drive to further tune and tweak. And then maybe interior.

Back