• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Traxxas 4-Tec 2.0 GT Rally Mod

Got a 4Tec just to do this rally mod, turned out pretty good, I'm loving the 4Tec as an off-road RC fun and sooooooooo durable.

Short video of my Traxxas 4Tec 2.0 Rally
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jZZFURJDjTk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Does anyone on this thread have a way of reposting the pictures without Photobucket? I'm really interested in seeing this car and the mods but cannot see the pics due to Photobucket's new P500 thing (and I have no idea how I exceed their bandwidth either but that's another story)

Thanks!

I know im quoting an old post but on android cell its working for me and if you use chrome on pc.. add photobucket fix extension and will work for any forum where photobucket was used

Another video of my Rally at a skate park

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VZuZsfb7VtQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey thanks for the sharing!!! "thumbsup"

I wondered from a long time if the 4-Tec 2.0 would do well as a scale rally car.

Now I want one! :mrgreen:

The track in the video is pretty rough, on a more groomed track or clay track this would shine even better.

For front yard and school grounds/ parking lot bashing, I'm finding I like to take this over my other off road RC's, with this rally body she tends to land on the wheels in flips and rolls letting me keep on driving.

Plus I've yet to see anyone else IRL with a scale rally car so having something unique is always nice.

The track in the video is pretty rough, on a more groomed track or clay track this would shine even better.

For front yard and school grounds/ parking lot bashing, I'm finding I like to take this over my other off road RC's, with this rally body she tends to land on the wheels in flips and rolls letting me keep on driving.

Plus I've yet to see anyone else IRL with a scale rally car so having something unique is always nice.

Haha !!! Can't believe you blow a wheel... :shock:

That car seems really more than it looks. I liked that skatepark bash session.

Not everyday that you see some rally cars on tracks like that (and the real 1/10, those fat rigs based on 4x4 SCT)

I'll need to get one 4-TEC 8)
But, maybe next spring... Just bought an SCX10-2 this morning :oops: :mrgreen:

What make, model, and size are the wheels and tires that you used? The link does not work anymore.

Thanks for the help.

What make, model, and size are the wheels and tires that you used? The link does not work anymore.

Thanks for the help.

If this question was for the OP, not sure he's answering anymore.

I have found some good tires from eBay. Search for "75mm rally tires" on ebay and those are pretty much what I'm rocking now, I am using dish sedan rims now since the last wheels/rims I had broke and wanted as much strength as possible. Might go alloy wheels later to get extra weight down low and more strength.

Here they are on the right compared to Losi rally and stock tires.
a11196173-108-Tires.jpg

Last edited:
I Dremeled the tabs on the chassis and the front control arms to allow more droop. Losi mini 8ight shocks front and rear at about 70mm in length.
Also added 40 weight to all shocks.
The fronts are limited by the steering linkages hitting the chassis.
The rears I internally limited to about 65mm so the dog bones will stay in. Might try CVD’s
I have the soft springs on order as there is 0 staff at this point.

Here are some pics.
46d012b1c5b418e2de420aa02841ef58.jpg
1deae07eb0cb3391c022666cdae16c48.jpg

I have the softest springs and am pretty happy with the results, although still really stiff I do notice on my local track I get less bounce on the back straight which has a ton of divots.

Back