• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TI-Fighters for sale

Rusty's (rockpayne) a GREAT guy and understands what you're dealing with "thumbsup"

Looking forward to seeing pics of them assembled 8)

For a guy that doesnt have enough time to comp in his own series, you sure spend alot of effort to try and stir my thread:flipoff:

I don't have a series going on. And I have turned the reigns over to Jon to run the Sunday comps because I don't have the time or desire right now, among other things. And it doesn't take much effort to post here once in a while, you should try it. :flipoff: I am just an interested bystander in this little game you are playing. :mrgreen: And if your machinist is as good as you have been touting for over a year, then you should only have to spot check a few parts.

If you are only a bystander and have no vested interest in these axles, then why do you have anything negative to say about them. If the people who have money spent on them are fine with the way things are going and dont have any problems then you certainly shouldn't have any. All the people that are just trying to piss off the soon to be owners of these things should just KEEP ALL THE NEGATIVE THOUGHTS TO YOUR SELF. I know I'm sick of hearing it and I am sure john is as well.

reply via bionic and tapatalk

Thanks for the very kind words, this is my hobby and i put all the effort into that I can afford. I know people get tired of waiting for parts, and few actually appreciate them for what they are. Though for those that do its very rewarding for me"thumbsup"
I think some people forget that most vendors do this in there spare time not for a living, we still have familys and work comitments:mrgreen:

Good to see you never give up on them John, hope its not the last lot you do as i would really like a Ti set"thumbsup"

If you are only a bystander and have no vested interest in these axles, then why do you have anything negative to say about them. If the people who have money spent on them are fine with the way things are going and dont have any problems then you certainly shouldn't have any. All the people that are just trying to piss off the soon to be owners of these things should just KEEP ALL THE NEGATIVE THOUGHTS TO YOUR SELF. I know I'm sick of hearing it and I am sure john is as well.

Never said anything bad about the axles, just made comments about the ridiculous amount of time it has taken to bring them to market, that's all. And I have held back plenty of comments based on information I have heard, strictly because it was hearsay and I had no reason to spread rumors, true or otherwise. I have seen the axle housings in person and they are very nice. I hope everyone enjoys them and builds up fantastic rigs.

I have all of the pieces and am taking time assembling them. I will post pics this evening if my home internet connection will upload them. With all of the little issues I really want to make sure these all assemble well for you guys.

to run the Sunday comps because I don't have the time or desire right now, among other things.

then you should only have to spot check a few parts.

Assembling and spot checking is completely different. John also has a full time job, wife and 2 kids. Just like you he's busy, so it takes time assembling multiple axles.

Judging by the time of his posts, they were made during the guys lunch break.

Cut him some slack. I'm sure if John knew how to machine them he would have. My machinist is doing the same thing as his did. Its there nature sometimes when your the smaller fish in a big pond.

Assembling and spot checking is completely different. John also has a full time job, wife and 2 kids. Just like you he's busy, so it takes time assembling multiple axles.

Judging by the time of his posts, they were made during the guys lunch break.

Cut him some slack. I'm sure if John knew how to machine them he would have. My machinist is doing the same thing as his did. Its there nature sometimes when your the smaller fish in a big pond.

I understand the difference between spot checking parts and assembling axles. I have been involved in various capacities in the manufacturing sector since I graduated from college. All the axles parts should not have to be assembled if his machinist is as good as he has been saying for the last year. And nobody understands the time constraints of a wife and family better than me, trust me. Just wait until both the kids are old enough to play multiple sports if he thinks he is busy now.

Again, the axles are fantastic and the concept is exceptional. The way the whole process has been handled, not so much.

Doesn't sound like he's assembling them just to take them apart Dave. He's assembling them for shipping. Hey John, sounds like you should just stack everything in a box with some baggies and shake the piss out of it and they'll find there way in the proper order. O and because your kids don't play sports you don't understand time constraints. I guess spending 1 on 1 quality time with your kids teaching them life lessons and life long skills for the real world isn't enough. At least I know your kids will be hard intelligent workers when they grow older.

I don't see how the process could of been handled any differently considering the circumstances. If you would have read the thread you'd know that. Any of those whom were wanting a refund were able to get one at any time. ANYONE who is receiving a set of axles is doing so because they were willing to wait for something they wanted. They were not forced to do so. So what is your point in yours posts? It only has to do with your feelings towards John. In the last 6 months you have only made 15 posts. 10 of those posts are to stir the pot amongst John and his company.

Your constant finger pointing at John is just getting ridiculous. Your constant negative, unneeded and unwanted posts both here and ORCRC when its not needed is over the top. Take your personal issues with someone elsewhere. Your posts have no value in this thread, and since you can't stand not having the last word. Please please, post again. Cause I know you will. All hail DaveC.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like he's assembling them just to take them apart Dave. He's assembling them for shipping. Hey John, sounds like you should just stack everything in a box with some baggies and shake the piss out of it and they'll find there way in the proper order. O and because your kids don't play sports you don't understand time constraints. I guess spending 1 on 1 quality time with your kids teaching them life lessons and life long skills for the real world isn't enough. At least I know your kids will be hard intelligent workers when they grow older.

I don't see how the process could of been handled any differently considering the circumstances. If you would have read the thread you'd know that. Any of those whom were wanting a refund were able to get one at any time. ANYONE who is receiving a set of axles is doing so because they were willing to wait for something they wanted. They were not forced to do so. So what is your point in yours posts? It only has to do with your feelings towards John. In the last 6 months you have only made 15 posts. 10 of those posts are to stir the pot amongst John and his company.

Your constant finger pointing at John is just getting ridiculous. Your constant negative, unneeded and unwanted posts both here and ORCRC when its not needed is over the top. Take your personal issues with someone elsewhere. Your posts have no value in this thread, and since you can't stand not having the last word. Please please, post again. Cause I know you will. All hail DaveC.

X2 "thumbsup" Very well put!..... DaveC..... You are a true dick!

Never said anything bad about the axles, just made comments about the ridiculous amount of time it has taken to bring them to market, that's all. And I have held back plenty of comments based on information I have heard, strictly because it was hearsay and I had no reason to spread rumors, true or otherwise. I have seen the axle housings in person and they are very nice. I hope everyone enjoys them and builds up fantastic rigs.

I understand the difference between spot checking parts and assembling axles. I have been involved in various capacities in the manufacturing sector since I graduated from college. All the axles parts should not have to be assembled if his machinist is as good as he has been saying for the last year. And nobody understands the time constraints of a wife and family better than me, trust me. Just wait until both the kids are old enough to play multiple sports if he thinks he is busy now.

Again, the axles are fantastic and the concept is exceptional. The way the whole process has been handled, not so much.

Much like you I don't have a hand to play in this, and have silently watched and hoped John would get these to market.

What is your issue? this seems personal. You are not buying a set, you should not be bashing the guy.

Unlike other vendors who have taken peoples money and walked away John has not. He has provided refunds for any that wanted, the rest know his reputation and patiently wait for this kick ass product.

He is a stand up guy that has done more for this hobby than most. He provides great parts, helps run, marshal, and judge large events, and has shared tons of knowledge with the community.

What I see here is a "shit happens" situation. He is not his own machinist and at the liberty of another person. I am in a similar situation to the guys in this thread, waiting on my own set of cool axles. Do I bash the vendor because he has machinist issues? Nope... I wait happily, knowing the goodness will come.

So take whatever bitterness you have and your high horse elsewhere and stop polluting a thread with your personal issues with John.

John, I saw these for the 1st time at Nat's '10 and had to wipe the drool off them then. I am glad to see that things worked out and you are able to bring another revolutionary product to market. I look forward to losing to more sets of them than the few that have beat me already as top drivers get their hands on more great SDS stuff.

Last edited:

Well put William. I would have love to order a set of these axles. Seeing John's and Lar's axles when I get to comp with them makes me want them more.

took a few pics of stuff assembled this evening. I will post them after they upload(prob. after work tuesday). the goodness is in my hands and getting closer to ship every day."thumbsup"

That is the single best news I could have received this year. Nothing now could make it a bad one. I really appreciate all of your hard work, persistence, and dedication to the hobby especially for people you don't know and may not even ever meet. If you ever get to Crawlerado, look me up or pm or whatever and I owe you a beer or 4. Thanks again John

Here is a sample of the piles of stuff im assembling

tifighterpartspiles.jpg

Each pile is a full set of axles!

here is a set almost done just needs stubs!!

assembledtifighters.jpg

Those look f ing awesome there is some lucky people out there thats going to get the best axles ever made those look amazing wished i was one of the lucky ones "thumbsup" "thumbsup" "thumbsup"

Man I hope these ship soon...just so I have a chance to get SDS 300 Berg axles again!

Very nice pieces.

Back