• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TI-Fighters for sale

been a little busy lately. Havent made it by the machine shop since before the weekend, I believe that there is 2 or three pieces to finish, though I will try and check on it again in the AM.

That would be awesome. Thanks a lot for the update and getting very ready to build a new ride for these bad boys

Darren or phllint on RCC

Did not. But it doesn't really matter. He sold them to us before he lost it or forgot to renew it. Everyone still buys his axle shafts and 3rd gears cause they are the best hands down

Darren or phllint on RCC

I'm sure he just hasn't had time to renew it.

So when you say 2-3 parts, is that actually meaning 2-3 pieces left and all the axles are done, or there is 2-3 parts left for each axle, so assuming this was a run of 20, there is 40-60 pieces left to make?

Kieren

Last edited:
Couldn't find the machinist for a few days, as he was in the hospital with herniated disks. But yes, 3 parts per axle to finish

...man we can't catch a break on this project can we:cry:
I feel for the guy, I've been there. Hope he heals faster than I did.
In it for as long as it takes though.

...man we can't catch a break on this project can we:cry:
I feel for the guy, I've been there. Hope he heals faster than I did.
In it for as long as it takes though.

Supposedly all other products are on hold til these axles are done so there is plenty of people in the same boat. This machinist may need a understudy or something soon to keep up with the demand. I have several projects on hold waiting for superdave parts, but luckily this is my offseason so im not overly worried at this point with availability.

Got everything but the axles. Started to cut the skines but didn't have the feeling to finish them. Just want everything on the bench to start. Can't wait to get them. Maybe Santa will really bring them. Oh well, maybe next season? :lmao:

I feel for you guys this is an insanely long wait for axles. That's alot of cash tied up for a long period of time with nothing to show for at all. Hope he gets then done soon alot of people are waiting on other sds parts.

None of you must work at or understand how a machine shop runs. I'm sure the machinists have lots of other jobs on hand that keep there business running! I'm sure these axles are worth the wait!

None of you must work at or understand how a machine shop runs. I'm sure the machinists have lots of other jobs on hand that keep there business running! I'm sure these axles are worth the wait!
I do know how mine runs. I pay him and he makes the parts. He doesnt make my parts I pay someone who will:lmao:. If I threw him $10000 in this economy for a project there would be a trail of fire behind him from moving so fast. While these are nice axles and John makes top notch stuff the time span of the project is just a little crazy. John and Lars have had their sets for over a year maybe 2. They weren't hand made so a cnc program must exist. Program the machine and fill it with blanks. A couple minutes later there are pieces. Repeat about a dozen times and there is a production run of pieces. Even if you did a run of one part per day in a 2 week span it would be over. I would assume a shop with the tooling and knowledge to work with all that titanium would be large enough to have multiple machines to handle more than a single project at a time. I doubt that working on these axles is going to shut the place down for all their other production work.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? I gotta go poddy. Are we there yet? I want my toy. :lmao: Are they close yet? Not much longer I hope?

Back