• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TI-Fighters for sale

None of you must work at or understand how a machine shop runs. I'm sure the machinists have lots of other jobs on hand that keep there business running! I'm sure these axles are worth the wait!

I don't think it's for lack of desire, or lack of quality in the product. It's that people have waited for countless months, with their money in the hands of the vendor. I know Dave is no thief. But not everyone would be comfortable with 600-1000 bucks in a strangers hands for that long.

Now I'm sure he doesn't have a disposable 50k in cash to throw at the machinist on gratis for customers saying they're going to buy. So a pre-order is necessary. But a reliable machinist probably goes a long way.

Erin and myself are working on a complete MOA axle of our own that we will offer to the public once the proto-types pass my testing. But we are not going to be taking pre-orders. Only selling what we have simply because stuff like this could happen. And unless I am doing the job myself, and can guarantee the due date. Or I know my machinist well enough, I dont plan on taking pre-orders. After lurking in the shadows of this thread, and seeing that shit can come up out of your control, I can say that I don't feel comfortable with the idea of taking pre-orders. But that's just me

Im sure Dave will make it right one way or another. And I can understand both sides. Hope it all pans out, and everyone is happy. Sucks seeing someone like Dave being essentially a middle man, getting a bad rap because his machinist cant deliver. Or whatever the actual problem is.

Well said Chris"thumbsup"

Also just to let everyone know, I have been informed that these axles will be coming with 8* C's as standard now. So I guess we'll now need VP ZA 8* ax10 knuckles to work with the super 300s. I don't think wraith or xr10 knuckles will work as the bearing position is different, if they even bolt up?

Kieren

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if wraith/xr10 style knuckles would physically bolt up, ignoring the bearing problem? Just from the pictures the ax10 8* hubs look quite different to the xr10/wraith 8* ones? That doesn't mean that the bolt spacing is any different though I guess.

Cheers
Kieren

Last edited:
Just to keep the interest up, here's a few photo's I found in the nationals threads. Note what appears to be proto 8* knuckles on both rigs

Posted with respect to photographers
DSC08974c%20%28Medium%29WTMK.JPG

DSC08976c%20%28Medium%29WTMK.JPG

DSC08962c%20%28Medium%29WTMK.JPG

DSC08956c%20%28Medium%29WTMK.JPG

DSCF1523.jpg

Kieren

I have to admit the wait has been long... but every time I look at those axles I say to myself, "it's worth it dude" ...they're just awesome"thumbsup"

delivery coming soon

I really appreciate the patience of the patrons that have purchased on the pre-order!! I will also say that I know there is absolutely no reason it has taken the machinist as long as it has, though many have voiced there opinions about how long it should take or it should be just this easy to make this or that part- All that I'm going to say to those folks is that we arent seeing any of them turning out any products that would be able to stand in line with an SDS Customz product.

Some things are out of my control (ie.-timeframe), while others are not. The materials that we use and the machining tolerances that adhere to for durability and customer satisfaction is tough to match. There is alot of great parts being produced by specialized vendors these days, though when guys insist on quality and durability they can trust they will generally pony up for the SDS Customz products.

All that said Keep an eye on the thread as I should have a tenative shipping date posted up Monday or Tuesday."thumbsup"

A big thanks to those taking pics at Nats!!!! You guys never get enough credit.

Thank you very much for the update, appreciate it greatly. I can't speak for the rest, but I am sure they are in the same boat, that is the best news we've had in months. I am ready for a whole new car and these are a great place to start!

Darren or phllint on RCC

All that I'm going to say to those folks is that we arent seeing any of them turning out any products that would be able to stand in line with an SDS Customz product.

Im not sure how you meant this. Are you saying that there is no one else out there making custom berg housings or custom axles? Or that the SDS customs line is superior to other parts in general? I have had great luck with the 300m 3rds in both ends of my berg, and had great luck with 300m axles in the past. So I surely know that the quality is there"thumbsup"

We should be set to ship all of the pre-order parts by the end of the month!!!!!! At Long Last"thumbsup"

Great news John! Can you post up a picture of some of the finished parts please. Thanks TY

I know I sound like a broke record, but are they almost done yet? I can't wait to get these things & get my new rig rollin.
Have A Nice Day. 8)

Back