• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TI-Fighters for sale

Ditto for me. If you do a chassis I would love somem pics and a cost. Do you know if it will be bodiless and carbon or delrin or aluminum, or something off the wall like plate titanium

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Seems as though you guys don't read this entire forum enough "thumbsup":mrgreen: That being the case I'll help you out.

First a little details, designed with the Ti Fighters in mind, the chassis also works amazing on normal berg axles and tubes with an aftermarket rear 4 link mount that will be provided for those needing one. The chassis will be cut from high strength and unbelievably light Carbon Fiber and the style is by far the best I've ever seen.

Below are two pictures of the prototype hand cut versions features on SDS Customs and Falloouts Ti Fighters running at the Long Beach Qualifier. Taking 1st and 8th place for the weekend.

SDS
DSC06885.jpg

Falloout
DSC06833.jpg

I was lucky enough to receive the first machine cut delrin prototype. The cab is slightly redesigned and I'm running regular berg axles. More pics here

151_DSC_0260.jpg

Sorry to Thread Hi-Jack John.

Damn John and Lars are brave for running rod ends on those plastic SCX shock caps.

Damn John and Lars are brave for running rod ends on those plastic SCX shock caps.
I thought the same thing. Then I watched Lars flogg the piss outta this truck. It took a dozen or so full throttle recovery rolls and repeated 4-6ft drops. worst he did was sheer a 3mm titanium bolt in half. These suckers are burly. I ripped the whole front axle of my truck in the same spot:roll:. Good job on those chassis they are beautiful work for sure

I'm sure when they r done, john will be more than happy to and probably can't wait to tell us they are done so we will all shut up and quit bugging him especially when its not his fault. Unfortunately, he has no control over the machinist and fast or slow he moves. He is in no hurry cause he isn't waiting on anything. he got the material and I am sure some money up front so he's set and content at the turtle pace he works at. Trust me, you aren't the only one who wants their axles. I have now bought some green Carbon Fibre so I can build my own bodiless chassis just for these bad boys. If I would have gotten them 2 months ago, I would have been very content with my current beetle juice v3. All I can say other than the obvious is be patient and hope they are even better than the pictures depict and work even better than they look.(which they will, its super dave).

Me either, that's why myself and everybody else is so amazed that I buy so much nonlinear and from ebay, because you have to wait for it. I have even been known to pay way to much for next day air just because I am so inpatient. The one thing I am afraid of if we keep on getting on his a$$ is, he just says here is your money back and don't call me again. I'm sure these things are awesome enough that he could sell our sets to just about anybody and make the same or even more money. I do.r know about you but that would just suck if that happened. Cause there just isn't anything out there even close to as good or as durable as these are. So I have figured out to just read the forum and just keep on crawlin and try not to think about them. like I said the last time, I just keep buying stuff to make the whole crawler just incredible right down to titanium screws. I don't know if any of this helps you but, it sort of helps me even after the 4 months we've been waiting.

When it comes to machining there are 3 options. Good price, good quality, good delivery time. We tell people to pick two. LOL

OK, I got everything to build my new crawler but the axles. Still waiting. I feel like a little kid for asking, but I'll ask anyway. How close are they to being done? I know you get tired of hearing the same thing over & over. No one has asked in a while, so I thought I would do it. I'm trying to wiggle my nose but it won't move. Guess that is out. So I'll wait some more.:ror:

Not looking so good for the 2011 season for you guys waiting on these. Uncle Jed must be whittlin the out with a pocket knife!:lmao:

I don't know how you guys are doing it. The 4th of July will be 6 months since this thread was started/orders were taken and still nothing, not even regular updates. They look cooler then sliced bread but nothing should take that long. I have been following this thread for a few months now but I am starting to wonder why?

I think when I start my build this summer I will just use the Clover tubes on a ground down Berg gear case as those can be reliably sourced.

I don't know how you guys are doing it. The 4th of July will be 6 months since this thread was started/orders were taken and still nothing, not even regular updates. They look cooler then sliced bread but nothing should take that long. I have been following this thread for a few months now but I am starting to wonder why?.

x2:shock:

I don't know how you guys are doing it. The 4th of July will be 6 months since this thread was started/orders were taken and still nothing, not even regular updates. They look cooler then sliced bread but nothing should take that long. I have been following this thread for a few months now but I am starting to wonder why? why you ask? Simply because you want to know what is hands down the most exotic/coolest products around. Most of you have no idea what i takes to bring a product to market, esspecially when you are a hobby garge type vendor. Yeah i make the toughest, most durable products on the market hands down, so take that and think to yourself about the XR-10. Axial makes products all the time and look how long it took after that car was announced, coupled with the issues it has with the gearbox ect. Dont take this wrong Im not bashing on them, that was just the first product that popped into my head.

These things are painfully slow, I get that. Please try and understand that to make products like I do and get them to you guys at any sort of an affordable price range we dont have any sort of pull if you will to have our products turned on the machines in front of there daily money makers at the machine shops. If I took the plans and went to a production shop I couldnt afford to have many if any of my products produced.

The guys that have them on pre-order want them and know they can ask for there pre-order money back at any time.. No one has asked, and I greatly appreciate there patience as they wont be let down when they recieve there little box of gold."thumbsup"

I think when I start my build this summer I will just use the Clover tubes on a ground down Berg gear case as those can be reliably sourced.

And will probably work just fine if that is what you want to drive!

Not everybody is fine with what everyone else has. Some of us are willing to wait for quality and perfection, considering that is what we paid for.

Darren or on RCC phllint from my Droid

I am not in line for a set of these as I did not have the cash ready, and I am also not a very patient person but here is my thought about this whole thing and the frustrations that go with it for those waiting. Part of what has impressed the heck out of me about this hobby is the number of guys that are willing to try to make innovative stuff simply out of a passion for this. I once bashed a vender because I was an idiot and after some sleep and realizing I WAS an idiot I had some sorry's to send around. That being said part of my reality medicine was realizing that many on here making cool products for us are probably not signing up to join country clubs as a result. They are making products available for me to enjoy this hobby. So to SDS and all others like you out there. Happy 4th, Keep up the good work, and if at all possible try your hardest to hurry, but don't let the wanker's way you down.

Back