• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TI-Fighters for sale

if every thing goes correct the servo mount will be one peice and no other parts will need to be made and if you are going to run a 400 i have a servo mount you can have for that motor just let me know"thumbsup"

I am going to try the 400 size motors. Thanks for the mount

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Great to hear some news on these axles and that 540 is being designed in as an option "thumbsup"

I'm not on the pre order list, so don't get the emails and PMs that must be getting sent to those that are, so i'm looking at this from the point of view of someone who has these on their wish list and with a view to ordering an aluminium set once these are actually released.

So enough of the preamble....... It seems to have taken a fairly worded but unimpressed post a few days back asking for an update on these to get any sort of comment about the status for these axles. It's taken about 4.5 months to get to this point and from what i've read (subscribed to this thread so read pretty much every post) most of the delays are said to be due to this work being a low priority at the machinists, yet the update over the last day or so now adds that there has been a redesign of some parts, if there is a redesign in progress or there has a redesign completed, not sure how the machinist could have ever really gotten on with fabricating these?

If the redesign is now complete then is it a question of being at the back of the queue again with the machinist and another long delay?

Feels like for the cost of the axles, there hasn't been great comms (86 no flame of you as the messenger and the guy to post the latest update) and the time line of delays doesn't really seem to flow.

For me reading this thread and thinking about buying these in the future it doesn't (speaking ONLY for me) give me a great sense that it's a great move.

Updates and some more clarity over things like redesigns, time with the machinist would be a great.

This isn't a rant or a flame of the guys behind these axles, just the thoughts of someone thinking of ordering these up for my 540s in the future and hoping we can get a more open view on what is going on.

Keep up the great innovations that make this hobby so addictive "thumbsup"
Cheers,
Darren

i know the wait is hard and discuraging but good things come to those who wait. iam the resign for the redisgns. i just want to make sure those
who preorded the axles get the most out of them with out the year of
r&d to make them work. these will know be a no modified axle. they is a chassis that is designed for these axles that works like no other. so i am sry for the redesign that i pushed for sds to do but you will not be disapointed at the outcome."thumbsup"

Hey man, appreciate the reply and the developments sound good.

Hearing from yourself today and 86 yesterday there is clearly a lot more going on here that just 'delayed at the machinist' I don't get why the redesign, the chassis, the details around why the redesign i.e. you want the best user experience out of the box and so on haven't been shared???

I've not put my hand in my pocket and invested $$$$$$ on these yet, but even so i'm keen to hear more about them and not just see the comments from those that have ordered asking where the heck the axles are, whats going on etc.

Appreciate that these are complex bits of engineering, and that a lot of vendors have a ton on, so getting back to every post, every PM etc just isn't feasible but with the cost of these axles, I would have thought a once week post to this thread with a 'hey here is where we are at' update would not only be good to those that have invested but those like me that are looking at whether these axles make a good buy.

Just my 2 cents and for sure not flaming anyone as i've not been personally involved with buying these and the comms that should come with that. An open view from the outside "thumbsup"

Hearing from yourself today and 86 yesterday there is clearly a lot more going on here that just 'delayed at the machinist' I don't get why the redesign, the chassis, the details around why the redesign i.e. you want the best user experience out of the box and so on haven't been shared???

I've not put my hand in my pocket and invested $$$$$$ on these yet, but even so i'm keen to hear more about them and not just see the comments from those that have ordered asking where the heck the axles are, whats going on etc.

Appreciate that these are complex bits of engineering, and that a lot of vendors have a ton on, so getting back to every post, every PM etc just isn't feasible but with the cost of these axles, I would have thought a once week post to this thread with a 'hey here is where we are at' update would not only be good to those that have invested but those like me that are looking at whether these axles make a good buy.

Just my 2 cents and for sure not flaming anyone as i've not been personally involved with buying these and the comms that should come with that. An open view from the outside "thumbsup"
like greg said iam just a driver and not the man behind them so dont get me wrong. hopefully john will chim in with better info.

like greg said iam just a driver and not the man behind them so dont get me wrong. hopefully john will chim in with better info.

Hey man I just appreciate the extra insight and to hear that there is a chassis on the cards for these axles as well is great news. Just picturing a links, chassis and axles package :shock:

Hope to keep hearing more from everyone involved "thumbsup"

Hey man I just appreciate the extra insight and to hear that there is a chassis on the cards for these axles as well is great news. Just picturing a links, chassis and axles package :shock:

Hope to keep hearing more from everyone involved "thumbsup"
i plan on offering pre-bent links with my chassis so it will be a bolt together afair and no guess work needed"thumbsup"

i plan on offering pre-bent links with my chassis so it will be a bolt together afair and no guess work needed"thumbsup"

Awesome man, that sounds great. Having links from the chassis designer is a good thing, my view that gives you the best possible baseline to work from so you'll have a great working rig out the box with no need to work out your own baseline.

Look forward to seeing the chassis and links, will be keeping eye out for sure either on this thread or under the chassis section fi you're looking to start a new thread there.

Enjoy Memorial Day, thinking of those who paid the ultimate price around the world so we can live and enjoy the freedoms we do

So I have been considering dropping my bully's and going to these for my super. Will these be offered in a super config, so long tubes? I don't have anything berg at the time being and looking at a cost standpoint it would prob make sense to go straight to these because I'm sure I would be spending that amount in a fully built up berg. Anyways will this be an option and is there a cost in mind for this option? Also my big concern about running these in the super class is how to run dual servos. I see the motor is so far forward that it might be pretty tough to run dual servos. Anyways let me know. Very interested in these. I'm really not in a hurry, I'm running my super bully's for the time being.

I will again re-itterate this to everyone. My life seems to just get busier(My own fault im sure). There is many reasons that this project has taken so long, one of the many is that my products tend to get unvieled long before most do. Most Rc products will either rush the release and then you get a product that fails or you the vendor will go out of business trying to support a failed product.

That said THIS PRODUCT IS COMING- as for the delays, the machinist has been the delay and when we all figure out how to get the machinists to make everything we dream up in the timeframes we dream them up as well as for the price we want- well lets just say that I wouldnt be answering these posts, I would be paying someone to do it.

I won't appologige for my absence over the last few weeks, I will just say that my wife now works a more than full time job- which leaves me with my family in the evenings(instead of in the shop), which isnt a bad thing! Sometimes after a 60+ hour week+kids in the evening+trying to fit in meetings with the machinist+dont forget organizing events, oh yeah and the main reason for all of this finding time for my hobby, I have to cut something- unfortunetally this time it was time spent on the computer responding to pms and posting.

I know I havent posted up every week to update everyone on these, though I could post all of the pm responses that I have from telling guys that Im waiting on the machinist still! that is what we are doing. During this "wiating for the machinist time", we have found a flaw or to in the original design, since those parts wherent made yet, we redisigned to make them better for the end user. Since 95% of the end users dont have or dont want to make anything, they simply want bolt together stuff. I hope these are done very soon, though I dont have a date to give everyone.

Ps- if you have pmed me concerning Ti-Fighters in the past 2 weeks or so, I will be linking you to this post.

Just out of curiosity is it possible to use standard ax10 C hubs on the tubes for these axles if you drill and tap the tubes for the bolts? The reason I ask is I wouldn't mind trying out the 8* king pin set up, and it's easy enough to get VP 8* ax10 c hubs. I noticed you did this for some of the very early prototypes, but are the finished product still the same?

Cheers
Kieren

Kieren- I have posted a few times that Standard/or 8* anything wont work on the Ti-fighters as they have a thread on 3/8" axle diameter. much smaller then the inside of the "C's". Not sure which protos you looked at as there havent been any with 8*'s on them yet.

Hey John, is there any hope of having these by Red Rocks? Thanks TY

Not sure as I dont have any Idea When Red Rocks is.;-)

I think these are really 8) and would consider them for my impending build BUT this thread with pre-orders started 4 1/2 months ago and not one person has a set? I understand that good things take time but :shock:

I was hoping to see someone with a lot of experience like Harley get his and do a build thread with them to help out new to moa people like me. Also what if someone needed a replacement part, Would it take months to get?

Please don't take me wrong I am not meaning to dis anyone, I have just been following this for a while with anticipation and am just wondering if it will actually come to fruition.

Harley will be getting some and Im sure writing a book on them like usual. Replacments will be readily available once parts start shipping.

G'day

I try not to rude about this but we'll see how I go.

You've mentioned to me before that your not making much money out of these axles, and I assume as a result have given them to the machinist at a lower priority, that's all fine and well and I don't blame you for doing it.

HOWEVER as a poster in this thread said it's been over 4 months since the preorder, that's 3 and a half more months than it was supposed to be. That is not acceptable.

I'm sure everyone who has these axles on preorder would be very grateful, if you told your machinist to make them his number 1 priority for a week and get the fricken things done. He can then move on and work on things that make more profit for you!

At this stage I'm just about willing to pay extra if I can just get my hands on the things. I've tried to be patiant and not shake the cage too much considering you've got $600 of my dollers that I would have no way of getting back if you decided you didn't want to, but I'm just sick of it.

Oh, and if they aren't done and mailed within the next few weeks I will be personally sending firecrackers for you to stick under the machinist's seat to get him moving:lmao:

Thank you
Kieren Rasmussen

Money wont speed anything up, as they will ship as soon as they get to me finished and correct. I havent tried firecrackers yet though im sure someone might loose a finger in a machine shop if we lit them off in there:shock:

That is just fine. Will it be easier to run a 540 vs a 400 motor and will we still have to make our own servo brackets? Also, could we run the vp 8° knuckles and chubs? Thanks for the updates

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I will post pics of the new servo brackets as soon as one is cut, they should elimiunate the need for the back end support.

When it comes down to it I simply want the products that I ship out to be recgnised for unsurpased quality and durability. if that is what the customer wants then my parts will always be a "good buy"

So I have been considering dropping my bully's and going to these for my super. Will these be offered in a super config, so long tubes? I don't have anything berg at the time being and looking at a cost standpoint it would prob make sense to go straight to these because I'm sure I would be spending that amount in a fully built up berg. Anyways will this be an option and is there a cost in mind for this option? Also my big concern about running these in the super class is how to run dual servos. I see the motor is so far forward that it might be pretty tough to run dual servos. Anyways let me know. Very interested in these. I'm really not in a hurry, I'm running my super bully's for the time being.

I will have a version set up for the berg super platform and they will use the existing long super shafts that people already have. which will make them about 3/8" narrower then the existing berg platform. I dont know what price will be as of yet. As far as dual servos, I will be going back to singles with the lighter weight that Ill be running in the new Ti-Fighter super.

Last edited:
John, appreciate the time and your reply. As someone who works two jobs one of which frequently taking up 14hr a day for me I understand the life is busy and family is a priority comments.

Good to hear about the chassis and axle combo with the design tweaks, having a couple of sets of the Super 300s and pins from you i know the work is top draw. I'm assuming the Lar's chassis is the one mentioned in the last few posts? If it is with links, chassis and these axles these will get anyone running at the top level straight out of the box.

Look forward to seeing these axles on builds and with details of the 'designed to fit' chassis and links "thumbsup"
Cheers
Darren

Are you gonna do a chassis & links for these axles? PM me & let me know if you are, how much, & pics.

Back