• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

South San Fran, Wed Night crawls

I thought it was gonna be swampy out at Gtek today so planned on staying home out of the rain.
By 1 oclock it still didn't rain and the streets were dry so I grabbed the shafty for a little time killing.

Note, I've been working the shafty all week. Change the wheels to RCBros 3 pc stars, the weight system to Krazed Builds and pine car weights, a new set of Purp's super narrow skinny VooDoos and finally got some over drive gears back in the front.
The track width is a half in wider all around and may narrow the rear a bit later.
Drove for 10 minutes on rocks I know and everything seemed well.
I don't know why I drove towards Silicone Peak, no one has ever made it up the front side of this rock, everyone has tried. I've only seen a few get all four tires on the face of the rock on to slip off the side or flip over.
I popped right on to it with all four and slipped off my first try today, but it felt great so I grabbed the GoPro just in case and here's what I got.

https://youtu.be/y5rwVFF_FdI

Once these tires get some silt in them they wont be able to do this anymore, I'm sure.

Last edited:
Thats sweet! I've gotten all 4 wheels on it a few times but it didn't last long. Your setup seems perfect there is so little hop it keeps traction.

Hi all,

New to this site and i will spend some good time here, i want to get into crawling
and yes i'm late to the party.

I would like to know what time this saturday at Gtech? Thanks

Darris

Tomorrow morning around 9-9:30 and goes unail noon or longer.
Come awn out and shoot the sh1t, bring a crawler and comp or piddle around.

Thank you JeepinDoug

I don't have a crawler yet but i do have questions Lol. and i hope to see you tomorrow. "thumbsup"

Sorry about Saturday...i got "WIFED" LOL :roll: :lmao:

To be 'wifed'. To be unable to participate in any form of bloke entertainment, due to hassles from one's wife.

~D

I'll be at Easter brunch Sunday morning so wont be there as normal, I can go out later in the afternoon if any of you guys are going out. Saturday afternoon is also an option.

Back