• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

South San Fran, Wed Night crawls

you guys crawling at gtek this weekend or you wanna go to the Bean on Saturday?

I can't do Saturday.

I've never been to Bean and would really like to check it out but not sure if i can go on Saturday yet. How is it there as far as water? I'm not waterproofed.

You can avoid the water but you can't avoid the salt. You need to hose down after.

I don't have my tide sheet with me so I don't know the tide action. You might be able to find it online.

Ah yes the salt, I know well after submerging my Slash 4x4 in a pool of bay water, even after hosing down it killed every bearing and rusted every bolt in the thing, had to tear the whole thing down and replace everything, guess a couple hours is too long a wait before flushing with fresh water.

Saturday doesn't work that well for me this weekend either but sunday is a possibility, if not I'll be at Generocks on Sunday

I can't do Saturday.

You can avoid the water but you can't avoid the salt. You need to hose down after.

I don't have my tide sheet with me so I don't know the tide action. You might be able to find it online.

Was at the bean today. Awsome place. Was at Pacific grove Monday awsome place. Will be in San Francisco friday -sun workin. Is anybody doing any crawling tommorow. I get off a 4 on Fri sat and sunday would like to check out some local spots

I'll try to swing by. Can't promise anything though.

Edit.. Trying for Friday for around 4:30... Wife could easily veto though

Last edited:
Hey what's up THE ROOKIE

Yeah the Bean's fun but hard on the trucks, I always break a rig when I go lol. I can't make tomorrow but I can get out there on Saturday. Lemme know

Al

Last edited:
What is it about the Bean that is so hard on the rigs? high altitude falls? Salt? Crabs attacking the rigs?

I'll most likely be there Sunday @ the usual 10:00am Cant do tomorrow my rig is apart need to finish tomorrow... Think I need a 2nd crawler 8)

Last edited:
Any interest in a small g-tec low pressure comp season? Not a huge season of traveling for plastic trophies, just fun organized events. Maybe 4 for the season. 2.2p and 1.9? Everyone welcome, don't have a 2.2p?? Heck, bring your 1.9 scaler and run the 1.9 comp course for no season points... why not? Let me know if there's any interest, I think it would be fun, I'll cut a bunch if tennis balls in half on the old do-all bandsaw and we'll get going.

Im game, Im new to Rc crawling and never done any kind of comp so it would be good experience for me.

Perfect Heckler... I'm not new but not very good, I'm really interested in a low/no pressure comp. No entry fees, no drama. We would need a few people that know how to judge a comp. I'll put one check mark on my list for you.

I may be interested in a gtec comp series...finally some people I can beat:flipoff: ill be stuck local starting dec so this is something I may be able to do while staying close to home.

No response from Doug yet. He's afraid he may have to finally put some time into that comp rig instead of working tons of overtime.

Back