• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

South San Fran, Wed Night crawls

Last Saturday a few of went to Bean Hollow and had a blast.
I have tons of pics I will upload here but I need to wait for a camera cable, sony cameras suck.

This Sunday back at Gtek again after repairing my Zoncho and Mog. The Bean takes it's toll on stuff.

Fix those scalers, and while your at it, work on that comp rig! Don't let me finish mine before you, you even have axle tubes already! I'll miss it this weekend, tons of overtime right now, but it helps to buy more parts!

Groupfoto_zps99ea60c9.jpg

SandSpire_zpsd0736d66.jpg

Wetkrag_zps1a749fb9.jpg

Onthetrail1_zps444efb59.jpg

OldSluice_zps54b65037.jpg

And the coolest pic of the day...............
AlsHilux_zpsbd895889.jpg

I might go old school this evening with a Wednesday night crawl... My 2.2 is not done, I don't have a scaler, and my used MRC is in the mail... But I thinking I'll bring something else, something big and heavy and hopefully capable of some cool lines. Got to do some testing. I won't be there long as I have a newborn baby girl at home but I've got to get out of this house for a few minutes. Anyone interested?

Anyone interested in another crawl spot?? Takes a good walk to get through it, and it's in SF.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 221
Ha ha! Years ago I was driving there to test some comp stuff... The weekends may be a bit crowded with dog walkers. I grew up near it so I call it Glen Park, but non-locals call it Glen Canyon. It's HUGE the whole canyon runs from the back of MacAteer high school (I guess it's now called SOTA-school of the arts-High school), to the base of O'Shaughnassy. There's 2 entrances but you'll need a backpack with your stuff in it because it's a 7 minute walk to the closest rocks. Be careful up there, there's some cliffs that could ruin your crawler and kill a human if you were to fall. Not a great spot for toddlers. I've counted 8 different groups of rock formations you could get to. There's also dirt trails everywhere, do if taking pictures of your scaler is your thing, this is a great spot.

...another note, the neighborhood is pretty protective of their park, they all spent a bunch on money to live near it, so I always try to pick up trash and not ditch cigarette butts. Most people I've met there are interested but not super excited I'm there.

cool man thanks, I know where that's at. i'll go check it out and i'll make sure to keep it clean.

Niles, I've been soooo busy lately, I haven't touched the comp crawler.
I hardly find time to fix the scalers.

Tomorrow a bunch of us are heading out to The Cliffhouse with the scalers.
Nothing technical but a good scale fireroad and some hill climbs.
A change of scenery for the most part.

Niles, I've been soooo busy lately, I haven't touched the comp crawler.
I hardly find time to fix the scalers.

Tomorrow a bunch of us are heading out to The Cliffhouse with the scalers.
Nothing technical but a good scale fireroad and some hill climbs.
A change of scenery for the most part.

you talking about lands end?
I scouted glen park yrs ago...would be good for a scaler but the rock formations were a little loose and crumbly for the crawlers. Also, you can park at the top of the canyon next to the rock formations after the first left going up the hill past the softball field.
i havnt seen any of my r/c's since the begining of the years at least...mabey ill take a break and come out again.....dirt biking has been to much fun."thumbsup"

I know you all mostly do Sunday, but this Saturday is the longest day of the year. Evening Saturday crawl anyone?

I know you all mostly do Sunday, but this Saturday is the longest day of the year. Evening Saturday crawl anyone?
I'm up for it, Wes is coming out to scale too. Maybe a few others.
I'm thinking 4:30/5pm until it's too cold.
I got other stuff to do earlier but I should be there by that time.

Back