• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

South San Fran, Wed Night crawls

Nice! Double check your chassis. There is a front and rear, looks like it might be backwards. ;-)

Good call, i literally didn't even notice that until you said somthing, i guess i started to drink to early in the build:razz:

I think i got it right this time around LOL
003.jpg

Now i don't mean to take the thread to far off topic here but does anyone have any suggestions for motors and a Lipo?

Good call, i literally didn't even notice that until you said somthing, i guess i started to drink to early in the build:razz:

I think i got it right this time around LOL
003.jpg

Now i don't mean to take the thread to far off topic here but does anyone have any suggestions for motors and a Lipo?

Depends on what you are looking to spend. You can go with some cheap machine wound motors and use them for a while to let the bank account fill back up or go with some nice hand wounds (Brood, HH, etc.). As far as lipos you can spend a lot or a little. Seems like the elite batteries from cheap battery packs are a good battery for a good price. Right now I am using some cheap hong kong packs but I know that they wont last all that long plus it takes a couple weeks for them to get in. Just measure up the space where you want to put the packs and make sure they are going to fit and wont end up getting pinched and binding up your links or anything like that.

What esc did you end up deciding on?

What esc did you end up deciding on?

I went with the 1/10th Castle Sidewinder with drag break and the new version of the punk dig and i have my DX3E that i have to get around to hacking but should work for the time being.

I have been looking at servo's and have had my eye on the Hitec HS-7980TH but i am still looking at a couple Futaba units. Is it worth it to go with a core-less servo?

I went with the 1/10th Castle Sidewinder with drag break and the new version of the punk dig and i have my DX3E that i have to get around to hacking but should work for the time being.

I have been looking at servo's and have had my eye on the Hitec HS-7980TH but i am still looking at a couple Futaba units. Is it worth it to go with a core-less servo?

No need to hack it if you are using a punk dig. All I would do is add a toggle switch in a better spot or two push buttons.

I think I can go there for some late Wednesday crawling. My work has moved to San Mateo so Genentech is not far for me to go after work. And I could use some more practice with the XR.

new to rc crawling

Im in pacifica looking to see if anyone is still going to genetech for wednesday crawling? are there any good spots you can recommend around pacifica or the peninsula. thanks

Im in pacifica looking to see if anyone is still going to genetech for wednesday crawling? are there any good spots you can recommend around pacifica or the peninsula. thanks

Genentech is easily the best but there is rockaway beach in pacifica. I havent personally been there but I know we had our first comp of the season out there this year.

I will probably end up going out to genentech on Wednesday if it stays dry.

I went to rockway beach last night, its has alot of variety, I broke one of the link mounts when it tumbled off a rock, if I can get some spare parts by wednesday I will be at genetech, its going to be sunny but windy.

franciscian Hobbies doesnt carry ax-10 parts, whats the closest, sheldons, rc unlimited, or hobby town in concord , anything closer im not finding. talbots doesnt carry these either.

I went to rockway beach last night, its has alot of variety, I broke one of the link mounts when it tumbled off a rock, if I can get some spare parts by wednesday I will be at genetech, its going to be sunny but windy.

franciscian Hobbies doesnt carry ax-10 parts, whats the closest, sheldons, rc unlimited, or hobby town in concord , anything closer im not finding. talbots doesnt carry these either.

Hobbytown Concord, don't waste your time with those other shops.

m going to hobby town tomorrow, allspeed doesn't have much there, and the old dude that is there has poor service.

what time wll you guys be out there? ill be helping family in sebastapol but if i get done early maybe i can head out.

crawled for about 45 minutes, thats a nice spot out there. Im running a 1 10 scale body thats cut for tire clearance,lots of rubbing. going to get a smaller body soon.

Back