• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

South San Fran, Wed Night crawls

March 14th, 09
G-tech's Comp De Enduro

Still in the planning stages, this is just a fun comp.
With this is mind, tech spec is thrown out into the bay and "run whatcha brung" attitude.
The idea is to have three stages, 15 gates total (not including start and finish), 5 per stage to be run in a 12 minute time limit.
Each stage will allow one free reverse.
Prerunning the course is fine until we start scorekeeping.

The comp would start later since we don't have to tech.
Best score will win bragging rights. :D
The course is "Outter Limits" which happens to be marked.

Everyone is weclome.
Anyone who wants to lend a hand in planning and gate placing, just let me know.

Any additional ideas...............let 'em fly here.

Last edited:
I love the idea of a fun comp.

Sounds like I need to bug my neighbor for a G-Tech T-shirt update and finish my berg build :p

Allowing participants to pre-run the course should help any non G-Tech regulars.

Rather then a free reverse, how about a best score out-of-two runs?

I think you can put me down for whatever help you need, since you had to pic "Comp De Enduro" on Joanne's Bday :?

Sounds like fun Doug. I like Manny's idea of taking a 2nd run, but I like it how the Colorado crew did it at their swap meet 1.9 comp. You have the option to take a 2nd run immediately after your first, but you have to live with that score from the 2nd run. No choice in taking the best of two runs.

I will help with setup and judging. I think there's some great Alternate Gate opprtunities on Outer Limits as well. :D

North Bay Crawler

G-tech looks cool. I usually crawl at Jake's (Santa Rosa) and in Sacto (Folsom Lake). I'm always look for new place to crawl. What time do you all usually arrive and leave G-tech? Is there enough street lights to light-up the rocks? Which is the closest Hobby shop in that area that carries the most crawler stuff.

BTW-
Rigs: Ax10 rtr, CR-01
SC: Goat, FX-r
Radio: Traxxas modified for dig, and Dx3r
Servos: JRs, Hobbico
Tires: Hammers, Rock Claws
Shocks, Losi 4"
BEC: Castle
No Lipo. Don't see a need for them YET.
HR Rims
Bunch of wheel weights.
Scaler Bodies (Defender 90, Butchered FJ40, K5) - RTR body for Comp

Last edited:
Manny and Dave, I like the 2nd chance rule.
We'll talk about it more soon.

Vtown, lately were out there Saturdays or Sundays, 9am to whenever. A local hobby shop has most electronic parts but limited on crawler parts, AX10, Losi and tires are the predominant stuff. Some night lights but not much until they replace one bulb, then it should light up well.

Oh yeah, slight date change.
March 14th (Saturday)
The above post will reflect the change.

I'll try to make it, any idea of a start time, or when should I show up? 10 A.M or so? Lets hope the weather is good.

Sweet....I'll be ready to hand out friendly ass whoop ens:flipoff:

Any one heading out there this weekend if the weather is nice? Also, when are we going back to arguello park? The rains should have fixed the dusty conditions on the waterfall, should be lots of traction now.

I might be there, I have to help finish some drainpipes down in berlingame maybe. If so I may just head out to arguello park since its so close.

Don't park up in the circle at Arguello, the cops are being a PITA. You need to park in by the tennis courts.

I'll come by G-tech tomorrow, might be a bit later tho. Going to Concord Hobbytown tonight to crawl so I'll have to wake up early to charge batteries.

Saturday 2/21 rock crawling pictures:

AXssfgroup1.jpg

AXssfgroup2.jpg

AXssfgroup3.jpg

Can't wait for the comp coming up in a few weeks... Got my rig all buttoned up, just have a few small things to work out, and I am ready to kick some booty!!!!

Dima

Back