• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

South San Fran, Wed Night crawls

Thanks

Had a great time crawling with everyone today (Saturday) and thanks for all the tips and springs (Doug) I inverted my shocks and moved them back, drilled holes in my rims, and ordered some rock claws as soon as I got home. Cya guys next weekend.

Last edited:
Hi,

My first post here. Previously have a TLT for some easy backyard crawling action and recently joined this board and started learning more about rock crawling. I just finished building my new crawler today. Planning to come out to join you guys tomorrow around 10ish.

The video you guys posted look really good. Hope I can get my truck running good soon like yours.

See you guys there.

Ill see you guys tomorow! I went out today but no one was there anyone but here are a few pics.

fb300beb.jpg

029d51a9.jpg

968dd17f.jpg

34e164e6.jpg

c3d22747.jpg

24db8db5.jpg

ce0b6594.jpg

5ed75436.jpg

3e84f64c.jpg

@BigChris

@ BigChris nice pics man! I really like the last one with the faded edges of the picture and the popping colors. What software are you using?

Nice meeting everyone this weekend.

Wow, today was a long day of crawling. I got there at 9:30am and left at 6pm. Crawled all day long except for a short pizza break.
Fun day.

Sunday morning

I'll be out there Sunday morning 1/4/09 around 10:30am with my newly dialed in AX10. I got my new saddle pack batteries, over the front axle mounting plates, Losi rock claws, Inverted & lowered front shocks (no leaks). and added 6oz in the front tires and 3oz in the rear. Should be a major improvment over last time. Hope to see some of you guys out there.

Some pics of what I have done so far....

AX10_saddle-1.JPG

AX-10_saddle-2.JPG

AX-10_saddle-3.JPG

AX-10_saddle-4.JPG

Sweet..... I won't be out there but I'm sure someone will be.

Don't give up on those claws to early.......they need to break in a lil before they really grab.

Lookin good Grimgard. I'm assuming 6oz in each front and 3oz in each rear. You're right on with the front but I recommend taking all the weights out of the rear. And Doug is right about the Claws, they need to break in. "thumbsup"

Lookin good Grimgard. I'm assuming 6oz in each front and 3oz in each rear. You're right on with the front but I recommend taking all the weights out of the rear. And Doug is right about the Claws, they need to break in. "thumbsup"

Yea total of 12oz in the front and 6oz in the rear. I hope to see some major crawling improvement tomarrow. Cya you guys there.

"thumbsup"

Just wanted to chime in with all the locals, I got the crawlin bug! Been into RC for quite awhile, and I'm just starting on an SWX buildup. It will be a bit of time before I 'm done, but I'll meet you guys out at G-tech some day. I also have been buildin up a rubble pile in the back yard, can't wait to get started!
rubblepile1.jpg

Nice Rocks

Nice pile of rocks! Hope to see you out at Gen Tec. I would have to say its the best place in the bay.

I made a little video or my trip out there today. Mind you I was driving and taking video/pics so my driving suffered. You all can call me King of Flips :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgx3LyrBo8Y

Last Time I checked the video was still processing (5:47PM PST 1/4/09)

Last edited:
Grimgard, you forgot a credit for stunt driving :). Great video "thumbsup"

Comp was fun today, I'm beat @$$ tired now.
The above pic is my 3 legged mini, seagull bit off one leg while on the first course today but still drove all 4 courses, just didn't finish any.

Back