• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Slow ass super build

Take the servo off and see if it will mount up.....maybe the problem isnt with the servo, but with the motor.

It is quite possible that the servo is a different size....have you checked it's dimensions against what Hitec describes on their website? Do you have this same problem with both axles?

It is quite possible that the servo is a different size....have you checked it's dimensions against what Hitec describes on their website? Do you have this same problem with both axles?

YEAH SAME WITH BOTH AXLES.
PROBLEM SOLVED THOUGH "thumbsup", NOW TO GET THE REAR ONE .
I HAVE A VERY COARSE BASTARD FILE AND IT CUT THE TUBE DOWN IN ABOUT 3 MINUTES, THEN USED A FINER FILE TO SMOOTH IT UP A LIL BIT.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 516
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 511
Thats strange you were having that issue...my only other thought was if the servo is sitting higher than with the sven miunt it would interfere...when I install mine I have to push on the motor to hold the mesh while tightening the motor mountiing screws. The shave looks good though!

Last edited:
I had to take mine down to the first holes also. I had the issue that it was not mounting straight...almost a wedge. Looks like you should be good to go now. Right?

I had to take mine down to the first holes also. I had the issue that it was not mounting straight...almost a wedge. Looks like you should be good to go now. Right?

YEP "thumbsup", A LITTLE PAIN IN ARSE BUT IT WORKS NOW, JUST GOT TO MAKE THE REAR MATCH. I CUT A NEW DELRIN FOR THE TOP OF THE MOUNT OUT OF 3/8" TO RAISE THE SERVO A LITTLE MORE. NOW IT WON'T DRAG 8).

GOT A NICE LITTLE ADDITION FOR THE MOUNTS I GOT FROM KC JONES "thumbsup", THESE 24.5 GRAM BRASS WEIGHTS. A BUDDY SPUN THEM FOR ME AND THEY ARE SWEET :mrgreen:. I CAN ADD NEARLY 5 OUNCES TO EACH FRONT WHEEL.

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 498
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 495
OKAY, I GOT BOTH SERVO'S MOUNTED, BOTH 35T MOTORS INSTALLED WITH 12T PINIONS "thumbsup".
GOT AXLES BACK TOGETHER AND MOUNTED UP TO THE CHASSIS. ALSO GOT THE REAR AXLE CLOCKED BACK A LITTLE BIT, IT WAS TILTED UP BEFORE.
NOW ITS TIME TO START TACKLING THE ELECTONICS :shock:, I HAVE ONE QUESTION SUPERMEN, SHOULD I WAIT FOR THE HOT WIRE I ORDERED AND GET THE ESC'S PROGRAMED FIRST BEFORE SOLDERING THE BATTERY POSTS TO EACH OTHER OR CAN IT BE DONE WITH THEM ALREADY ASSYMBLED?

ANYHOW, SOME PICS.

Attachments

• 027 (2).jpg
    027 (2).jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 485
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 483
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 486
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 484
Wait for the Hotwire! You could still mock all the wires up and have it ready to go when the Hotwire shows up though!

OKAY, I GOT MY HOT WIRE IN AND GOT THE SOFTWARE DOWNLOADED.
GOT BOTH FX-R'S PROGRAMED "thumbsup".
ALSO BUILT 2 Y- HARNESS' FOR MY BEC - SERVO SETUPS.
NOW ITS TIME TO GET BUSY SOLDERING EVERYTHING UP, GOT 4mm CASTLE BULLET CONNECTORS FOR THE MOTORS AND DEANS FOR THE BATTERY.
ONE QUESTION , DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO FIND LI-FE BATTERY PACK FOR THE 4PL RADIO? I'VE SEARCHED EVERYWHERE WITH NO LUCK. I THINK THE PACK FOR A 4PK IS DIFFERANT.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 455
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 458
OKAY THEN, A FEW PIC'S OF THE SLOW ASS SUPER, (ACTUALLY FAST ASS SUPER :mrgreen:) THIS IS A WHOLE DIFFERANT ANIMAL THAN MY 2.2'S, IT THROWS ROCKS THE SIZE OF GRAPEFRUIT LIKE NOTHIN' "thumbsup"
I HAVE TO LEARN SOME MORE ABOUT THIS 4PL FOR SURE. BUT EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT, HAD AN ISSUE WITH ONE OF THE ESC'S, ENDED UP HAVING TO REDUCE THE VOLTAGE CUTOFF SETTING FROM 3.3 TO 3.0 AND ALL IS WELL. LOVE THE UNDER - OVER DRIVE OPTIONS WITH THE RADIO AND THE STEERING MIX IS AWSOME.
WHAT A BIG ASS RIG :twisted:.
STILL HAVE'NT DECIDED WHAT WILL BE THE TOPPPER.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 407
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 397
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 412
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 408
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 402
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 406
I RAN A 3S THROUGH HER OUT ON THE ROCK PILE,,,,,,,,,,,WOW :twisted:,
THIS THING IS COOL BAD ASS "thumbsup".
I GOT TO GET A TOP OR BODY ON IT THOUGH BEFORE I DESRTOY THE WIRING. I'VE GOT A BAJA BUG BODY BUT SURE LIKE THE BWD TOPPER. BUT THE PRICE + SHIPPING IS PRETTY PRICEY.

DUMB ASS ALERT, I JUST REALIZED THE LEFT REAR TIRE IS MOUNTED BACKWARDS :oops:.

That's the direction I run all of mine in...really a preference deal...I see what you mean about it being backwards compared to the rest of yours though.

Well i could'nt get the baja bug to sit low enough on this chassis so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i ordered the topper from bwd for the super wedge, hope it will have a low profile when mounted.

Attachments

• TOPPER.jpg
    TOPPER.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
Back