• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Rant Thread

Lack of knowledge and experience is the reason I don't comment much ... but I do leave a like to the post/topics that interest me and thankful for that feature now. As for traffic ... i visit daily to read through the countless topics on here and this is where I've learned what I do know (which 'aint much but am a slow reader) comes from.

I haven't sold any trucks for a long time but the time has come to make some space on the shelves and condense down to the trucks that I truly enjoy.

The price of shipping a whole truck sucks.

Also the process of finding a box, packaging the truck, and going to the post office which is only open while I'm at work sucks too.

I hope this crap gets sold locally because shipping really is the worst.

I shipped a guitar recently. I should've gotten a shipping quote and that's on me because I didn't but I estimated on what I thought was the high side at $80. Well it wound up being a little over $150 . That was the cheapest option. Fortunately, the guy decided to throw in half of it which was really nice since I never asked him to but man... not going to make that mistake again. Shipping these days is absolutely outrageous.

Shipping a guitar sounds like one of those activities they use to torture you in the first few circles of hell.
LOL I'm super OCD about certain things so packing a guitar is a major pain in the ass. Takes me hours and hours to safely/ securely get a guitar ready to ship... whether it's in a case or not.

If you think shipping is expensive in the USA, try shipping to Canada or even within Canada. Minimum for anything from the US to Canada is US$15 and up, then add 40% exchange rate + duties and taxes on some items. And, the US$15 is for anything in a SMALL box and goes up from there. I've had items priced at US$5 and then quoted US$30+ for shipping - No way, don't need it that bad! In Canada, twice as bad. My wife recently mailed the smallest bubble mailer (envelope) you can get, $22 Canadian, and it only had to go 200 miles from point of mailing to point of delivery.

Does USPS still have the "if it fits, it ships" boxes? Years ago I picked up one of those to send some stuff to a friend of mine in North Carolina from Washington state. US$8.95 fixed rate postage. When I took it in to the post office and the guy weighed it, he said if I had packed it in my own box, it would have cost me $44 for the weight.

Speaking of shipping woes; I haven't touched an RC in over 5 years. Jato lured me back in with a super cheap small scale drift car (which I've thought about anyway), and it was supposed to be delivered today. But, due to FedSux, it's in Indiana. Typical FedSux. I'm out of town until Tuesday, so they'll likely deliver it to a neighbor as usual.

With the last few years of having to ship things. I've taken to having quick links on my PC, a small tape measure and a scale in my office.
Prices have gone absolutely bonkers, and now I no longer give people a choice of how I'm shipping. Everything gets sent the most convenient method to ME as possible with the most insurance, a tracking number and signature confirmation.

You guys should check out pirateship. twade984 got me hooked on it and I’ve shipped hundreds of items, full rigs included with it. You just need a printer and a scale. Well a tape measure also. But it allows you to print labels at home, and schedule a pickup even. Gives you pretty good discounts as well

You guys should check out pirateship. twade984 got me hooked on it and I’ve shipped hundreds of items, full rigs included with it. You just need a printer and a scale. Well a tape measure also. But it allows you to print labels at home, and schedule a pickup even. Gives you pretty good discounts as well
I should have stated I've been using Pirateship for years. Which is why I stated I pick what is most convenient for Me when shipping. :cool:

I should have stated I've been using Pirateship for years. Which is why I stated I pick what is most convenient for Me when shipping. :cool:
No worries man, just thought I’d put it out there for people reading. It’s a damn life saver I’ll tell you that

Since when did it become difficult to find battery balance leads with 90° bullet connectors? Something like this in the photo. If you know where to get them, please let me know!

Since when did it become difficult to find battery balance leads with 90° bullet connectors? Something like this in the photo. If you know where to get them, please let me know!
While they're not true 90*'s... They're also dual size... Balance lead built in as well. Skip the breakout board, plugs directly into the charger port. I've got 2, had them for 5+ years, not one issue.

Hit up Stock Car Steel for some steel tubing, went to check out and the quantities in my cart go crazy. The order was supposed to be $70 and I get hit with a $2K pending charge to my PayPal account. SCS says they have the order corrected and the pending charge will drop off when the order is processed, the pending charge is still tying up my entire account balance in the meantime.

Somewhere, somehow the craze of having loud, super bass car stereos is back. I have never understood why anyone would want a stereo like this. As an instrument to enrich the listening experience for the drive, it is useless. As a tool to piss off other drivers, it is marvelous.

Somewhere, somehow the craze of having loud, super bass car stereos is back. I have never understood why anyone would want a stereo like this. As an instrument to enrich the listening experience for the drive, it is useless. As a tool to piss off other drivers, it is marvelous.
Especially if you are within 30 minutes of a ghetto...

Back