• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Rant Thread

My modest albeit decent subdivision is lousy with that sh!t. In almost all instances it's the 20-something crowd... maybe some 30-something people as well but some of the worst are the miniature entitled-looking women in Escalades, Highlanders, Suburbans, etc... black/ white/ latino... rolling around in $50-$70k vehicles... can barely see over the steering wheel lol. They speed through here texting with their windows down, kids in the back seats and child-seats, and the bass cranked high.

It's the day and age of country-fried ghetto kids who have somewhere along the line, completely lost their identity and wanna play it both ways... Christian, entitled, redneck, heavily ghetto or trailer trash influenced. Garbage humans.

It's the day and age of country-fried ghetto kids who have somewhere along the line, completely lost their identity and wanna play it both ways... Christian, entitled, redneck, heavily ghetto or trailer trash influenced. Garbage humans.

Yeah, can't say that I am down wid-it...

lol... yeah. I know what it was to be young... I kinda get it but man, there's so many round here. And they're not too discreet about anything these days... blatant speeding/ running stop signs on your way to pick your kids up from the Christian Academy with whatever hip-hop beats gently rattling the windows in your decked out SUV. Used to be more males and there's still plenty of em, but seems more young urban/ suburb moms that are part of the "look at me" crowd these days.

Yesterday I had a coworker try to tell me what to do and it ruined my entire workday. It just pissed me off. I HATE being told what to do, period. I'm not sure where it stems from, probably watching so many friends and family members being whipped and bossed around by their "significant" other. I just don't stand for it.

A coworker asked me to make changes to drawings. I said I wanted to talk to the semi-retired engineer that is training me because I was not involved with the design of the part nor do I know the backstory of why dimensions were changed and tolerances was added. He kept telling me to make the call multiple times. I finally got loud and said, "I'M NOT GOING TO MAKE THAT CALL" and walked away from him. Who the eff does he think he is telling me what to do? He's certainly not my boss. So now I have two meetings Monday to deal with this bullshit.

Tamiya... I am on my forth Tamiya-based semi build. Overall, things go together fairly well, their designs are tried and true. With that, I have some rants...
• Batteries: Do the good folks at Tamiya know that 6-cell NiCDs are no longer in vogue? I don't think so. Granted, there are a couple of lipo pack that do conform to that same form factor, but I don't own any of those packs. I hate having proprietary packs for specific RCs, and run 3S 3ah shortie square packs for most of my rigs, which do not fit in the Tamiya battery trays. Thankfully, there are other places to stuff batteries in their rigs.
• Phillips screws. They are good quality hardware, and thankfully, no slotted, but still, hex hardware would be better.
• Transmissions. The best that can be said for them is that they do work. My biggest gripe is that they are a pain to assemble, especially when the two axles and gear linkages go together, you need six hands. My other gripe is their size, these can be made a lot smaller and compact today. I understand that changing an existing design, especially one that works is costly, but sometimes it is just time.

• Phillips screws. They are good quality hardware, and thankfully, no slotted, but still, hex hardware would be better.

I don't think they are Phillips . Tamiya likes JIS and there's specific JIS screwdrivers. Being sad that, I agree 100% with you on "Hex would be better"

Tamiya... I am on my forth Tamiya-based semi build. Overall, things go together fairly well, their designs are tried and true. With that, I have some rants...
• Batteries: Do the good folks at Tamiya know that 6-cell NiCDs are no longer in vogue? I don't think so. Granted, there are a couple of lipo pack that do conform to that same form factor, but I don't own any of those packs. I hate having proprietary packs for specific RCs, and run 3S 3ah shortie square packs for most of my rigs, which do not fit in the Tamiya battery trays. Thankfully, there are other places to stuff batteries in their rigs.
• Transmissions. The best that can be said for them is that they do work. My biggest gripe is that they are a pain to assemble, especially when the two axles and gear linkages go together, you need six hands. My other gripe is their size, these can be made a lot smaller and compact today. I understand that changing an existing design, especially one that works is costly, but sometimes it is just time.
Tamiya walks to the beat of its own drummer. We love and hate them for it. But they aren't going to change as long as people keep buying.

Japan hobbyists use LiFe batteries so that throws another wrench into the bucket.

There's a ton of information and misinformation about JIS vs Phillips on the internet. Looks like JIS and Phillips are now the same standard. See the link below. Vessel makes great screwdrivers for Phillips/JIS.

I knew the screws were a little different, both cross-tipped. A least they are not using Robbies.

I was updating my Tundra thread when the site decided it wanted to work off and on through the night as I'd try to edit my post.

Back