• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Rant Thread

I'm partly just frustrated that I can't post pics as I'm wanting to keep documenting my rc10gt restoration... dunno if it's RCC or something on my end but damn if it's not irritating... too tech-dumb to figure it out is also aggravating.

But my rant today....

Two kids show up at my door yesterday with chocolate-bars for $2 each. I usually don't entertain anyone hocking anything at my door but I guess they caught me at the right time. But they're shy and barely able to articulate any details. So I grab a $5 and come back out on the porch... ask em what varieties they have and all they can do is show me... no words.

I get it... you're kids but damn... make an effort. Then I ask em a simple math problem... "If I get two and give you a five, how much change do you owe me?" "A dollar?" Wow... that's right. Okay... keep the change". They don't even say thank you but whatever... today's kids.

Dad is now slowly making his way closer to the porch and I wave and smile. He looks bewildered.... maybe doesn't speak English. Then ( because might as well force em to rub together a couple of brain-cells), I ask them what this is for. "School"... Well no sh!t kiddo.... I kinda guessed that. but "What SPECIFICALLY is this for??"

"Oh, it's a fund-raiser". Sigh... Good Lord... "A fund raiser FOR WHAT???".

"OOOOH.... For whoever sells the most you get a Nintendo game console."

WTF??? Really? I mean... way to go local public school that sucks up my taxes every year like Dracula on a bender at a blood bank. I remember at least two fund-raisers when I was in school... one was to help our 7th grade class to take a trip to Washington DC and at least one other was so that our class could take a field trip to Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton Ohio.

Is this just the norm nowadays? A fund-raiser to get a f#@k!#g game console? I guess I'll be sure to never again donate to any school fund-raisers. I'm half tempted to call or send a letter to the school to let them know what an absolute disgrace this is and that I will NOT be supporting any fund-raisers in the future. Ugh.

Last edited:
I'm partly just frustrated that I can't post pics as I'm wanting to keep documenting my rc10gt restoration... dunno if it's RCC or something on my end but damn if it's not irritating... too tech-dumb to figure it out is also aggravating.

But my rant today....

Two kids show up at my door yesterday with chocolate-bars for $2 each. I usually don't entertain anyone hocking anything at my door but I guess they caught me at the right time. But they're shy and barely able to articulate any details. So I grab a $5 and come back out on the porch... ask em what varieties they have and all they can do is show me... no words.

I get it... you're kids but damn... make an effort. Then I ask em a simple math problem... "If I get two and give you a five, how much change do you owe me?" "A dollar?" Wow... that's right. Okay... keep the change". They don't even say thank you but whatever... today's kids.

Dad is now slowly making his way closer to the porch and I wave and smile. He looks bewildered.... maybe doesn't speak English. Then ( because might as well force em to rub together a couple of brain-cells), I ask them what this is for. "School"... Well no sh!t kiddo.... I kinda guessed that. but "What SPECIFICALLY is this for??"

"Oh, it's a fund-raiser". Sigh... Good Lord... "A fund raiser FOR WHAT???".

"OOOOH.... For whoever sells the most you get a Nintendo game console."

WTF??? Really? I mean... way to go local public school that sucks up my taxes every year like Dracula on a bender at a blood bank. I remember at least two fund-raisers when I was in school... one was to help our 7th grade class to take a trip to Washington DC and at least one other was so that our class could take a field trip to Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton Ohio.

Is this just the norm nowadays? A fund-raiser to get a f#@k!#g game console? I guess I'll be sure to never again donate to any school fund-raisers. I'm half tempted to call or send a letter to the school to let them know what an absolute disgrace this is and that I will NOT be supporting any fund-raisers in the future. Ugh.
Did you try Imgur? What errors are you getting when trying to attach photos?

Kids are morons, but schools and parents suck. In my day, the school's provided supplies. Now teachers supply things and/or ask for parents to bring the stuff in. Are you effing kidding me?! Where is my tax money going? I don't even have a brat in school and I pay school taxes. And you're telling me there isn't enough money for paper, pencils, books and tissues?

Last edited:

Did you try Imgur? What errors are you getting when trying to attach photos?

Kids are morons, but schools and parents suck. In my day, the school's provided supplies. Now teachers supply things and/or ask for parents to bring the stuff in. Are you effing kidding me?! Where is my tax money going? I don't even have a brat in school and I pay school taxes. And you're telling me there isn't enough money for paper, pencils, books and tissues?
I've been using postimage for years.. easy to use, navigate, resize... just find whatever image, copy it then paste back to the forum. And it's free. I did that this time for my nitro thread and it worked fine for the first pics but then out of nowhere a notice would come up on RCC saying "Oops..." Some sort of problem. And another thing that makes me think that it's maybe an issue with RCC is that after it fails to post my pics, I can't log out. It's like it's buffering or something but won't allow me to log out or navigate the forum... as if I'm all of a sudden restricted access or permissions. Then eventually after however many minutes/ hours it goes back to letting me log out/ log back in and post text... but then as soon as I go back and try to post pics again... it does this all over again. I'm just not sure what's up but I need to figure out something cause it's really bugging me that I can't currently post pics.

FB. When people ask for advice but use no punctuations or next line for separation like this do you know what I mean like how do they do that with smart phones nowadays even I don't get it anyway what's the best servo for crawling also motor and ESC I heard of those Phusions are pretty good maybe I'll get that too while I'm at it what transmitter do you guys recommend my friend has a Skyfly one and worked pretty good how about tires too thanks in advance

I've been using postimage for years.. easy to use, navigate, resize... just find whatever image, copy it then paste back to the forum. And it's free. I did that this time for my nitro thread and it worked fine for the first pics but then out of nowhere a notice would come up on RCC saying "Oops..." Some sort of problem. And another thing that makes me think that it's maybe an issue with RCC is that after it fails to post my pics, I can't log out. It's like it's buffering or something but won't allow me to log out or navigate the forum... as if I'm all of a sudden restricted access or permissions. Then eventually after however many minutes/ hours it goes back to letting me log out/ log back in and post text... but then as soon as I go back and try to post pics again... it does this all over again. I'm just not sure what's up but I need to figure out something cause it's really bugging me that I can't currently post pics.
The new RCC definitely has some new oddities. Imgur is also free FYI. I even made a thread showing how to use Imgur with the old RCC. Should mostly work with the new RCC, but feel free to PM me with any questions. Imgur also has an app. It is NOT the most intuitive site however.

I know in NC, the money for public schools continually gets siphoned off and directed to private and charter schools. One of my previous jobs was working at an accounting firm that did work for charter schools, there is so much more money being wasted giving it to private organizations than properly funding public schools. Somehow this has become a point of political contention so this is the shit the community has to deal with.

I know in NC, the money for public schools continually gets siphoned off and directed to private and charter schools. One of my previous jobs was working at an accounting firm that did work for charter schools, there is so much more money being wasted giving it to private organizations than properly funding public schools. Somehow this has become a point of political contention so this is the shit the community has to deal with.
Politics ruin everything...

Back