• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Phoenix straight axle corner weight

gein

Rock Stacker
I finally got my corner weight system and put the Phoenix on it.

I need to add some weight in the front to get that 60/40 F/R ratio

I already have some SSD brass knuckles installed.

Battery size doesnt have a big impact since is pretty centered in the truck, i get almost the same ratio with the battery removed.

What would be the best way to add some front weight on the Phoenix straight axle?

v2

Swap to a body without an interior and cage and that would help with COG and weight distribution. Otherwise, brass clamp rings in the wheels, brass hubs, or brass/stainless rotors up front.

Swap to a body without an interior and cage and that would help with COG and weight distribution. Otherwise, brass clamp rings in the wheels, brass hubs, or brass/stainless rotors up front.

2% better weight distribution with the body removed.

I have some brass hubs ordered for the front and i may add a servo winch up front too.

Ill post the results when im done.

Trying to keep the stock body for now but i may change my mind at some point. :)

If you want to get a little custom with the body, ditch the tube bed sides. They weigh 42 grams and that's right over the rear axle. I made aluminum bed sides on mine, but it was based on a picture I saw of one of the vp guys Phoenix that did something similar using the lexan bed.

YbJzSL7.jpeg

If you want to get a little custom with the body, ditch the tube bed sides. They weigh 42 grams and that's right over the rear axle. I made aluminum bed sides on mine, but it was based on a picture I saw of one of the vp guys Phoenix that did something similar using the lexan bed.

YbJzSL7.jpeg

I like this!

Are those Rock pirates shock towers?

Front brass hubs and bed removal gave me that 60/40 ratio.

I just need to make custom rear pins to hold the cab now instead of the scotch tape i used last time...:lmao:

v2

v2

Back