• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

* Official Rules for SCALE Nats *

Status
Not open for further replies.
No pics, but I mean like building a version of the Chainlink crawler that I posted and asked about, making something that could be based off of a production rig but still give the same effect as that rig, and a few others that wouldn't normally be thought of as scale but I have figured out how to adapt them.
I would say leaf sprung, or coil over, torsion bar, something in that line, "standard" suspension. You could feasibly build a miniature air ride suspension or hydraulic or something but it wouldn't really fit the feel of the comp I think.

Well I was thinking something like a torsion bar but (from what I can gather) not the usual style-like adapting the unscale torsion style chassis (like the BM-Vii style) to a scale application that would still be considered "scale"...

There was an articulation limit last year to keep extreme articulation, will that be again?

And I'm deffinitely not talking about extreme articulation here, probably less then everyone else actually, just a different way of putting the axles under the chassis ;-)

torsion bar like in the Chevy IFS "coilless" independent front suspension, not torsion like a stick crawler"thumbsup"

Not torsion like a stick, but torsion like two bars going along the sides that mount to the axles and provide the dampening instead of a four link-could be built in 1:1 and will look scale, but would be "different".

Can you post a link to this "coilless" chevy that you mentioned?

torsion bar suspension
01891.jpg

Just to make sure I understand what are OEM tires? I just want to make sure I understand. first to make sure I ma using the right tire and second to see if I would get the bonus points

Just to make sure I understand what are OEM tires? I just want to make sure I understand. first to make sure I ma using the right tire and second to see if I would get the bonus points

any factory built tire, i.e. rc4wd, tamiya, sdi trail doctors, etc....

if you cut and modify a 2.2 or 1.9 tire to be a smaller or better, that is NOT oem.;-)

I have never seen a 1:1 rig with piano wire holding the suspension up.;-)

Maybe not, but had you ever seen anything like the Chainlink before I posted it? If people didn't try new things and innovate sometimes we would never get anywhere in this hobby, or in life for that matter. So just because it hasn't been built in 1:1 doesn't mean it couldn't be, its just that nobody has yet. It could still be built-there are materials that would work well for it, all that it needs is to be built. So...why wouldn't this be allowed? Because nobody thought to build it yet? Or because its different?

The 1.9 scale class will be limited to all 1.9" rim sized rigs.
- This class is for the typical street legal rigs, that you run off road.

The 2.2 scale class will be limited to 2.2" rim sized rigs.
- This class is for the typical trail rigs, that you have modified quite a bit for off road.

Rudukai, I'd say just build it and if it doesn't fall within the rules, at least you could run it Sunday for the play day....

Attachments

• deadhorsebeat_2.gif
    deadhorsebeat_2.gif
    3 KB · Views: 181
Maybe not, but had you ever seen anything like the Chainlink before I posted it? If people didn't try new things and innovate sometimes we would never get anywhere in this hobby, or in life for that matter. So just because it hasn't been built in 1:1 doesn't mean it couldn't be, its just that nobody has yet. It could still be built-there are materials that would work well for it, all that it needs is to be built. So...why wouldn't this be allowed? Because nobody thought to build it yet? Or because its different?
Your not getting the point. This is a SCALE event, where the focus is on having a SCALE rig to run.

What part of SCALE are you not understanding?

I'm getting all of it. There are several designs that are scale but might not have been built in full size yet. It would look scale, perform in scale, act scale, and above all be SCALE.

I'm getting all of it. There are several designs that are scale but might not have been built in full size yet. It would look scale, perform in scale, act scale, and above all be SCALE.

SCALE to what? If a 1:1 version of what you want to build doesn't exist, how can you build a 1:10 version of it to compete with:?::?::?::?::?::?:

Attachments

• deadhorsebeat_2.gif
    deadhorsebeat_2.gif
    3 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Duh, it's a scale version of something that would be really cool if it existed.
:lol:

I'd like to see it built..... But it's got no place competing in the Scale Nats (and I'm a FNG here and even I understand that part of the rules)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back