• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

* Official Rules for SCALE Nats *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a rule question regarding the wheel weight. Sorry to be the NOOb here with the stupid question but to Quote the rule: This is for the 2.2 class

- You may add weight to your wheels, but you are only allowed a maximum of 12 TOTAL oz's. You can put it in whichever wheels you want, but 12 oz is the total.

Is that total weight for all wheels, or per each wheel, with/without tires and foams? Can I add 4oz to each of my Axial BL for a total of 12oz, or can I add 4oz to my MSD BL:lol: for my 12 oz. Reason I ask is that the total weight of 4 Axials compared to my MSD's is pretty far off. Could I get clarification on this. I'm confused:shock:

Have a rule question regarding the wheel weight. Sorry to be the NOOb here with the stupid question but to Quote the rule: This is for the 2.2 class

- You may add weight to your wheels, but you are only allowed a maximum of 12 TOTAL oz's. You can put it in whichever wheels you want, but 12 oz is the total.

Is that total weight for all wheels, or per each wheel, with/without tires and foams? Can I add 4oz to each of my Axial BL for a total of 12oz, or can I add 4oz to my MSD BL:lol: for my 12 oz. Reason I ask is that the total weight of 4 Axials compared to my MSD's is pretty far off. Could I get clarification on this. I'm confused:shock:

you can add 12 oz total meaning, if you split it into 4 wheels, you can add 3 oz to each wheel, get it?;-) 12 oz total all wheels combined.

So there is now way any 1:6 scale 2.2's can run now. 10.5 is two inches too narrow for one of those, and that's with the tires pretty close to tucking in the fenders.

So there is now way any 1:6 scale 2.2's can run now. 10.5 is two inches too narrow for one of those, and that's with the tires pretty close to tucking in the fenders.

so you didn't see that we said, if there are ENOUGH 1/6 scale rigs we will run a class for them , min 12.

we just don't have enough daylight for 4 classes.

It will be free and on sunday."thumbsup"

so you didn't see that we said, if there are ENOUGH 1/6 scale rigs we will run a class for them , min 12.

we just don't have enough daylight for 4 classes.

It will be free and on sunday."thumbsup"

:oops::oops:
Oops, I missed that, sorry.

Free on sunday sounds great!:lol:"thumbsup"

Another question.
I would like to take some 2.2 rock stompers or rock crushers and cut them down to 1.9. This would make them about 4.8" tall. I would like to run in the 2.2 class with it though. Is this cool? I know for the 2.2 comp class you can run 2.2 or smaller rims as long as the tire doesn't exceed the max size, is it the same for the scale class?

Another question.
I would like to take some 2.2 rock stompers or rock crushers and cut them down to 1.9. This would make them about 4.8" tall. I would like to run in the 2.2 class with it though. Is this cool? I know for the 2.2 comp class you can run 2.2 or smaller rims as long as the tire doesn't exceed the max size, is it the same for the scale class?

yes that will work, but you will loose out on the bonus points for OEM tires.;-)

Any deduction for the scalers with a chassis mounted steering servo?

great point Jim, not sure why I forgot that, has been fixed per our chat.;-)

check first post.8)

Classes:
(* The goal of these classes is to have a scale looking rig.)

The 1.9 scale class will be limited to all 1.9" rim sized rigs.
- You may cut down and modify a 2.2 tire to fit a 1.9 rim.
- All OEM 1.9" tires are legal, any modified tire can be no larger than 4"
I can't run my reduced Moabs? They measure 4.25" tall.

Winching:

- if you use YOUR winch on YOUR truck, +3 and 10 seconds onto your score
- if someone winches you or tow straps you " buddy course" , they get a -1 and you get +5 and 10 seconds added to your score.
I love the winching rules. "thumbsup"
Killed my game plan though, I was going to just winch over everything. :lol:

So bumpers are required, but you get a scale point for them?

None of my rigs have a rear bumper. Am I looking at a DQ, or just missing a scale point?

So bumpers are required, but you get a scale point for them?

None of my rigs have a rear bumper. Am I looking at a DQ, or just missing a scale point?
Have you seen any of you're rigs? I really don't think 1 little point is going to hurt you're -100 start:lol::roll:

you can add 12 oz total meaning, if you split it into 4 wheels, you can add 3 oz to each wheel, get it?;-) 12 oz total all wheels combined.

I guess what I am asking is this. example one--- I have a set of axials, weighing 3oz each just rims. I can add 3oz to each for a total of 6oz each rim. example two-- I have a custom set of steel rims i made that weigh 10oz each, can i still add the 3oz to each of them also coming in at a hefty 13oz each. Both set ups still legal? Just making sure the rule applies to any rims starting weight and not a finished total weight.

Last year it was total weight. My non-bead lock RC4WD wheels and the tires I was running was overweight from the start...:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back