• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

* Official Rules for SCALE Nats *

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is awesome, I believe that will be a rule 14 rack.;-)

14. Roof rack, ladder rack, headache rack, must be made of metal -2

I just had a thought about the tire rule for 1.9's. Why not just outlaw all reduced and narrowed 1.9's such as the Mashers, Moabs, Rock Claws, etc... I'm just throwing it out there. Believe me I think that NOTHING works as good as a 1.9 masher on the rocks and dirt. Personally I'll be using 1.9 Mashers as the 3 point deduction for running something OEM is really not an incentive or much of a deduction.

I just think it would be cool to increase the level of difficulty with OEM tires :evil:

8)

I just had a thought about the tire rule for 1.9's. Why not just outlaw all reduced and narrowed 1.9's such as the Mashers, Moabs, Rock Claws, etc... I'm just throwing it out there. Believe me I think that NOTHING works as good as a 1.9 masher on the rocks and dirt. Personally I'll be using 1.9 Mashers as the 3 point deduction for running something OEM is really not an incentive or much of a deduction.

I just think it would be cool to increase the level of difficulty with OEM tires :evil:

8)
I would be unable to run 1.9 if you did that.
If I buy any more new tires in the near future my wife is gonna kill me! All I have a a set of reduced Moabs that are exempt from her law since I already had them.
:lol:

8)

I like this idea alot, and for 2009, we may try that. 8) However this year, we will stick with the rule that is there, so no one who has already paid has to sweat whether they are legal or not.;-)

I would be unable to run 1.9 if you did that.
If I buy any more new tires in the near future my wife is gonna kill me! All I have a a set of reduced Moabs that are exempt from her law since I already had them.
:lol:

I wondered when you would chime in :lol: I'll bring enough tires for Griz (they will be total crap bald tires) but none the less I will hook you up ;-)

I was just throwing it out there to mix it up. I personally dig the 1.9 Mashers and love the way they perform, I just thought it would level the playing field out a little.

8)

I like this idea alot, and for 2009, we may try that. 8) However this year, we will stick with the rule that is there, so no one who has already paid has to sweat whether they are legal or not.;-)

I agree. By the way 1.9 reduced Mashers blow and knowone should run them :flipoff:

I do think it's a great idea as well, it will really drive home the emphasis on scale. But yeah, do it next year. "thumbsup"

Heather's only agreed to me building a 1.9 if I use the parts I have laying around.

ooooo, the ol' spare parts build thread, nice"thumbsup" love those.8)

2 questions,

1) Tire weight before or after I fill them with water?:lol:

2) Any rules about what you hook your winch too?

2 questions,

1) Tire weight before or after I fill them with water?:lol:

2) Any rules about what you hook your winch too?

before:lol:

winch will only be able to hook to NATURAL objects,. i.e, trees, rocks, branches, etc.

no " foot wedging ":lol: I mean winching.:lol:

I have a good idea for a pull pal, what about scale spikes for winching off of?

Last edited:
Can I have 2 (front and rear) non functional winch plus a working winch and recieve -5?

what about a scale pull pal?

yes, that is fine.;-)

I have a good idea for a pull pal, what about scale spikes for winching off of?

if the 1:1 guys use them, they are ok.

Can I have 2 (front and rear) non functional winch plus a working winch and recieve -5?

you can only get points for 1 winch, if you have 1 or 10, same points.;-)

Are there any limitations on the suspension? Other then "make it scale" is there any suspension that would not be allowed?

Well that covers several different areas. I can think of...three "unorthodox" suspensions that could be based on a frame rail chassis and be built in 1:1 and look scale but would not be considered "trail" suspension but could also be done by a weekend warrior with the correct tools and skills, and probably be legal for the 2.2 class, being that it would be based on a production rig that was highly modified to run offroad and possibly be pushed passed street legal but not be a comp buggy type of thing-would that be legal?

Well that covers several different areas. I can think of...three "unorthodox" suspensions that could be based on a frame rail chassis and be built in 1:1 and look scale but would not be considered "trail" suspension but could also be done by a weekend warrior with the correct tools and skills, and probably be legal for the 2.2 class, being that it would be based on a production rig that was highly modified to run offroad and possibly be pushed passed street legal but not be a comp buggy type of thing-would that be legal?

pics do a 1000 words.

No pics, but I mean like building a version of the Chainlink crawler that I posted and asked about, making something that could be based off of a production rig but still give the same effect as that rig, and a few others that wouldn't normally be thought of as scale but I have figured out how to adapt them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back