• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Official Reveiw,,,Pit Bulls "Rock Beast" 2.2 Prototype

I guess Warpig and I are undeserving of how we placed in Montana:roll:

WRONG "thumbsup" These tires are as close to a scale tire as the other tires mentioned. They were allowed and nothing illegal or unethical here in running them. Good job and well deserved. "thumbsup""thumbsup"

Last edited:
not imo, i'm confident you could have used rocks for tires and still drove the hell outta that thing.

WRONG "thumbsup" These tires are as close to a scale tire as the other tires mentioned. They were allowed and nothing illegal or unethical here in running them. Good job and well deserved. "thumbsup""thumbsup"

Thanks guys"thumbsup"

yeah you guys straight deserve the podium spots you earned,,,"thumbsup"..

good driving shouldnt be shadowed by tires,,that look pretty scale IMO,,that flat out work,,,

Hmmmm, I think that they look pretty scale, maybe a little wide, but I think it' s a nice compromise between looks and performance. I think you have to have the right style and size of truck to pull off the look though. My Bronco is 1/8.5 scale and looks more scale than say a Bruiser body would look. Everyone has an opinion though, and that's fine, but I see alot of people running these in the near future because they flat out work.

Yeah, a little wide (but I like wide tires). And they are way too big for my mountanieer even though it is truggied out. (1.9's please!) My set is on the way for my daughters creeper and I can't wait to get them! I have a good friend that had something to do with the making of these tires so I got them through him. He would have told me sooner, but didn't know I ran "toy" crawlers. As for the "not scale" comments, they look like cut rockers to me. And the only guy I know that was there is Andy, but I'm sure the results of tcc wouldn't have been much, if any, different if "those" rigs were running rox lox instead.

Yeah, a little wide (but I like wide tires). And they are way too big for my mountanieer even though it is truggied out. (1.9's please!) My set is on the way for my daughters creeper and I can't wait to get them! I have a good friend that had something to do with the making of these tires so I got them through him. He would have told me sooner, but didn't know I ran "toy" crawlers. As for the "not scale" comments, they look like cut rockers to me. And the only guy I know that was there is Andy, but I'm sure the results of tcc wouldn't have been much, if any, different if "those" rigs were running rox lox instead.

I actually was looking for a wider scale tire for my Bronco, and now I have them. I will admit that I think I had a slight advantage in the TTC with these tires, I think that they have better straight line climbing than Rok Lox (ask Lance "madscrambler" about that) and don't fold over on sidehills as much. I've been running the Rok Lox for over a year, and these Rock Beasts do perform better on my Bronco, and I don't even have the foams dialed yet. I still think that I would have finished in the top 5 in the TTC, but I really feel that these pulled me over the top in the Tank Trap. Whether they should be legal for scale class isn't up to me, but I will definately push for them to remain legal because we have such a limited number of large scale tires to choose from.

fd05f779.jpg

I agree, they aren't a 100% copy but how many tires are?

The hollowed out isn't but then they would have to ban the Hammers and Carvers too. There are only so many options.

they are spaced out a little much but also on the other hand if they were super close the wouldn't clean out. but the hollowed lugs just make it look more comp then scale to me.

not saying that at all.

i think it is great for the hobby/sport that a 1:1 tire company is willing to make a tire for us, i hope that if there are plans to make a 1.9 that they change a few things to look a little more scale, thats all.

I've got mixed feelings on the whole idea of which tires were excluded, etc...along with the 12oz weight rule, but, honestly, there is no mistaking that these tires are patterned after the pitbull rocker.

This is not a scale tire, lugs WAY to spaced apart and whats up with the hollow lugs. These tires are not "SCALE"
im sorry, but if you think these tires are not scale and not made to look like the 1:1 tires, you need to get your head out of your butt! i dont like them on rc crawlers or big rigs, but a 1:1 tire company has steped up to make this hobby better. just remember, 90% driver and 10% rig. congrats to zach and tim, im sure they would have done just as good with anything else.

Thanks Desmond and the guys at Pit Bull for a kick ass tire"thumbsup" I just got them mounted up yesterday on some new wheels and am looking forward to a break in the rain to get out and get some run time on them:mrgreen:
DSC01801.jpg

I'll be ordering a set for my 2.2 scaler soon8)

no deals for me...had to wait a couple weeks but i have a set on the way... cant wait to get them on this beast!!
thanks Pitbull"thumbsup"

100_1495-1.jpg

Thanks Desmond and the guys at Pit Bull for a kick ass tire"thumbsup" I just got them mounted up yesterday on some new wheels and am looking forward to a break in the rain to get out and get some run time on them:mrgreen:
DSC01801.jpg

I'll be ordering a set for my 2.2 scaler soon8)

dang,,,rig looks sweet with the new rims and tires,,,whats your initial thoughts on em,,,??

dang,,,rig looks sweet with the new rims and tires,,,whats your initial thoughts on em,,,??
Thanks"thumbsup"
My first thought was how sticky they were:shock: They almost remind me of Panther's compound they use on the Cougar, but only stickier. I've had high hopes for them since I first saw them on PB's website a while back and it looks they might the perfect all around tire for comp and scale:mrgreen:

The wheels are Motorworx Racing's 1" wide wheels. I was a little concerned that I might have a hard time mounting these wide tires on a 1" wheel, but they went on with ZERO problems. I'm using Crawler InNovations 5.5"X2.25" Dual Stage foams, with about 7oz. in each front wheel and nothing in the rear (for now).

The weather here is supposed to break tomorrow, so hopefully I can get out for some testing to see how they do on the rock we have around here.

Now we just need to get them working on some 1.9 and Super Rock Beast's:mrgreen:

Hey Zack , I'm not saying that at all . I hope you didn't take it that away . I was just saying what I thought about the tires . Hell I know how you drive ,you could have won with slicks . :mrgreen:

I want to give a big thanks for Pit Bull Tires for sponsoring our Colorado 2010 Vanquish Products La Guerra en Rocas Rojo Numero Dos comp. "thumbsup" Your help is much appreciated!!

I love the look of the tires and can't wait to get a few sets for my rigs, they will look awesome on my rckjeep truggy!!

Thanks,
Patrick

Last edited:
Back