• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Official Reveiw,,,Pit Bulls "Rock Beast" 2.2 Prototype

I did see a few rigs there with the rockbeasts on and it is good to know that they are not all show and no go. They work for me anyway. "thumbsup"

pricing

The price just went up!!! Hahahahahahaha

Just in case anyone took me seriously...I was joking...the price is not going up just because the competitors in First and Second at the Montana Scale Nationals won on our Rock Beast 2.2 tires. But...I think that our rankings should help to bolster the idea that maybe our current pricing is justified. No Bark...All Bite sort of thing. The fact is that the guys running their rigs are to be congratulated and all the competitors present at the event as well. I hear they put on one heck of an event up there. Kudos to MSD.

I must say that I'm very impressed with these tires. Great forward traction, and once I get the foams dialed, they will sidehill great too. Almost too much traction for the rock up in Montana. Watching these tires work is fun, you can actually hear them scratching into the rock, and they wrinkle up in the sidewall kind of like Panthers. I made some lines in Trail class that others really struggled on. I do wish they were a little bit narrower, but that's just complaining for the sake of complaining. I'd like to thank Pit Bull for getting them to me by the MSD Nationals, it was fun to show them off. I really believe that their performance in the TTC brought me from mid pack to second place in the last couple of courses. I finished 2nd in the Truck Pull, and 1st in the Tank Trap, (beating Zach by .05 seconds :mrgreen:) and jumped from 5th to 2nd in two events. They really work well in the wet, you'll see in the video that will be released by Toyofast.

Congrats to Zach for an overall dominating weekend! Later, Tim.

thats awesome,,,congrats to you as well,,,

after hearing about all the scale goin on with these i decided to get em on 1 of my scalers as well,,,
ringinthebells052.jpg

ringinthebells051.jpg

ringinthebells049.jpg

ringinthebells050.jpg

ringinthebells048.jpg

wow great lookin' comp tire !!
I can't beleive these past as scale at the MSD Scale Nats .

wow great lookin' comp tire !!
I can't beleive these past as scale at the MSD Scale Nats .

I asked, they said yes:roll:

The lugs are spread out a bit more but they are based off a real 1:1 tire

Pitbull_Rocker_Tire_39_5x16_5-15_D.jpg

Last edited:
I asked, they said yes:roll:

The lugs are spread out a bit more but they are based off a real 1:1 tire

Pitbull_Rocker_Tire_39_5x16_5-15_D.jpg
I can see the lug shapes look somewhat right . But on the 1:1 they are not hollowed out . That is what gives them more of a comp look rather than a scale look .

fd05f779.jpg

I agree, they aren't a 100% copy but how many tires are?

The hollowed out isn't but then they would have to ban the Hammers and Carvers too. There are only so many options.

fd05f779.jpg

I agree, they aren't a 100% copy but how many tires are?

The hollowed out isn't but then they would have to ban the Hammers and Carvers too. There are only so many options.
good point on the hammers and carvers,,i saw a bunch of them in photos from last weekend,,the hammers arent any where near scale,,,

We decided to allow them, they are made by a real tire manufacture to mimic a 1:1 tire and were made available to the public before the event, seems the wrong thing to do to not allow them. they did take the podium in the ttc and the nats but I wouldn't discredit the guys driving abilities. zach for example can flat out drive.

A lot of time went into the rules for this year, at this time there wasn't a reason to ban this tire.

This is not a scale tire, lugs WAY to spaced apart and whats up with the hollow lugs. These tires are not "SCALE"

Last edited:
I guess Warpig and I are undeserving of how we placed in Montana:roll:
I don't care about how they worked, or if they did or not, you guys are good drivers and tires probebly don't matter that much to you guys. I am just saying they don't look "SCALE"."thumbsup"

We decided to allow them, they are made by a real tire manufacture to mimic a 1:1 tire and were made available to the public before the event, seems the wrong thing to do to not allow them. they did take the podium in the ttc and the nats but I wouldn't discredit the guys driving abilities. zach for example can flat out drive.

A lot of time went into the rules for this year, at this time there wasn't a reason to ban this tire.

I think it's great that a real tire company made tires for our toy trucks. I also think they look more "scale" then a lot of tires out there. "thumbsup"

Great job to pitbull and to the rules committee. I think you made the correct desision allowing these to be ran. I will be getting a set. "thumbsup""thumbsup"

I really hope they do a super size tire, that would be sweet.

Hmmmm, I think that they look pretty scale, maybe a little wide, but I think it' s a nice compromise between looks and performance. I think you have to have the right style and size of truck to pull off the look though. My Bronco is 1/8.5 scale and looks more scale than say a Bruiser body would look. Everyone has an opinion though, and that's fine, but I see alot of people running these in the near future because they flat out work.

Back