• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Nor-Calrcrc 2009/10 comp #1 - Folsom Reservoir - 10/4/09

I didn't get home until 8pm but it was well worth it. What a great comp. Everyone helping each other along the fun courses was fun to see.
Thanks to Jen for doing a garbage round up afterwords.
Thanks Dave for some great organization.

I'll try to get better at this new point scoring, I just couldn't grasp it yet and my Judge was on meds, :shock:.
Thanks Chino for pushin thru pain and helping as much as you did.
It was very cool to see smiles everywhere on the courses all day, no whiners to be seen.
"thumbsup"

Nor-Cal is in the HOUSE! I have often wondered about the Nor-Cal, So-Cal fued, but never understood why there was this inter-state rivalary, until Nor-Calrcc's season opener. UNBELIEVEABLE!!!

MC Hammer says: 'So-Cal, CAN'T TOUCH THIS"!! :shock:

Nor-Cal is a proud RECON Chapter Club that embraces the adventure of competition and if you missed rnd 1 at Dotons Point, you missed a doosey!

The formalities: Weather was great, slight breeze from the west, sweatshirt weather to t-shirt to sweatshirt, again. The rock at Folsom is EPIC! I would not suggest getting nekked and rolling around on it, my back has several scracthes and I'm having a difficult time convincing the wife it was from the rocks at Folsom and not from congical visit at Folsom Prison. But what do expect, I left Friday nite and embarked on a 2 comp in 2 day journey into r/c crawling bliss.

Nor-Calrcc's crew of merry fellows are second to none. They are a well seasoned club with some of the "hottest" r/c crawlers on the planet. It must be the Cali Sunshine. I'm thinking r/c crawling calander for the ladies with the likes of Badger, Rockcad, dpdsurf, the hip Daniel F. and ofcourse, a calender for the ladies could not be complete without the GQ cover boy, BCROFTS.

Round 1 of Nor-Cals series was, to date, the best Nor-Cal comp that I have ever attended. The courses were, simply put, PERFECT! Drivers all day had the look of total course satisfaction with the occasional sigh of gratification as they completed some of the best gates that I have ever driven.

The talent level at this event was far deeper than Folsom Lake. Some BIG hitters threw down on some high pressure lines that made for an exciting day.

For me personally, I got a chance to see some "old" friends that I have shared comp time with for the last 4 years and the family enviorment was purely enjoyable. I look forward to attending more of Nor-Cals series events.

A special THANKS to ALL the judges, volunteers, and dpdsurf. Keep up the great work, gentlemen and RECON is proud of what you bring to the adventure of r/c rock crawling competitions.

Parker

Thanks Parker! "thumbsup" If ESPN ever starts Monday Night Rock Crawling you will be a shoe in as their color commentator!

Well, Daniel and Joel were really in a class by themselves when it came down to the 1.9's. These little minis are always a blast and Daniel's 10 gate course was quite the tennis ball buster!

Way to go Daniel on the win! "thumbsup"

2010event119.jpg

Back