• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New Vanquish VRD Carbon

Got my vrd chassis from twade a few weeks ago, n failed to do a build thread smh. But i got it all built n got the paint done yesterday. It didnt turn out like i planned, but its close. Got it out today n holy crap!, i thinknit may be my new go-to rig. I do need to get a better servo n go through the settings in the esc. But this thing performs soooo friggin good! May have to pick up another one

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

Whoa! Somehow I missed this. Sweet paint job bama. Great to see you have it built and out on the rocks. I'll have to head over to the Tube to check out the vid.

I gotta say, the play area you have at Cherokee Rock Village looks like a ton of fun. And them views!:shock:

Whoa! Somehow I missed this. Sweet paint job bama. Great to see you have it built and out on the rocks. I'll have to head over to the Tube to check out the vid.

I gotta say, the play area you have at Cherokee Rock Village looks like a ton of fun. And them views!:shock:
Thanks brian! I love how it performs, it does so much better than my gspeed builds...

We got a comp next weekend, so ill try n get some vids posted up on tubes of you

Thanks brian! I love how it performs, it does so much better than my gspeed builds...

We got a comp next weekend, so ill try n get some vids posted up on tubes of you

Good to know. I’m guessing that my GSpeeds are now obsolete![emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Complete. Now I just need to figure out how to post an image.

rHtcvz4

rHtcvz4

https://imgur.com/gallery/rHtcvz4

That looks great!

Good to know. I’m guessing that my GSpeeds are now obsolete![emoji28]

I wouldnt say obsolete, more like less inferior lol. I love my v3 phoenix, its still my go-to, but the vrd, imo, does quite a bit better. I think im goina lighten the phoenix a bit though. I dont used the o/d n dig near as much as i expected, so ill she that weight. Eventually, i may swap to the vfd n lose that much more

imgur smokes poles are a bunch of Democrats they blocked my account for uploading pro trump memes even a pic of my cat got reported as unacceptable content lol

Oh it's definitely a leftist, maybe far-leftist site like most nerd/tech sites.

Another three hours on the trail, and this VRD has me sold. I'm very pleased with it's performance. Money well spent.

s

Great to hear! Any upcoming videos we should be watching out for?:)

I think so, but I'm gonna need to figure out an approach. Yesterday I knocked off a nasty little climb with the VRD, and I had planned to head back out today to film, but we have a light rain so it's gonna have to wait. I'll say this much; for a truck with virtually no aftermarket parts ( other than body ), it performs exceedingly well. So well that I'm close to getting a second VRD and making it for all-out performance, but I need another crawler like I need another rock in my boot.

I'll be working on a few short clips for IG and YT, but I think a full series will be a little ways off. The truck itself is excellent, and I have a feeling it will be getting a considerable amount of the trail time for tire testing. I'll have to do a short review showing the setup and weight distribution for the website. I also need to get my partner Kyle to whip up some proper sliders on the computer. We have another joint project bubblin' away, so it may not be for a few more weeks. If the sliders come out nice, we will pop them up on his Shapeways account for others if they want to use the Zuul body.

I think so, but I'm gonna need to figure out an approach. Yesterday I knocked off a nasty little climb with the VRD, and I had planned to head back out today to film, but we have a light rain so it's gonna have to wait. I'll say this much; for a truck with virtually no aftermarket parts ( other than body ), it performs exceedingly well. So well that I'm close to getting a second VRD and making it for all-out performance, but I need another crawler like I need another rock in my boot.

I'll be working on a few short clips for IG and YT, but I think a full series will be a little ways off. The truck itself is excellent, and I have a feeling it will be getting a considerable amount of the trail time for tire testing. I'll have to do a short review showing the setup and weight distribution for the website. I also need to get my partner Kyle to whip up some proper sliders on the computer. We have another joint project bubblin' away, so it may not be for a few more weeks. If the sliders come out nice, we will pop them up on his Shapeways account for others if they want to use the Zuul body.

Yeah, just watched the YT vid you posted. Sweet climb! The VRD walked it like nothing. And as I mentioned, that Zuul looks great on there and seeing it up against the red rocks looks even better.

I'll be looking forward to the sliders when you get them worked out. I'll be working on getting my Zuul mounted and painted soon to have another body option for my VRD.

Yeah, just watched the YT vid you posted. Sweet climb! The VRD walked it like nothing. And as I mentioned, that Zuul looks great on there and seeing it up against the red rocks looks even better.

I'll be looking forward to the sliders when you get them worked out. I'll be working on getting my Zuul mounted and painted soon to have another body option for my VRD.

Where do I find that video??

Sandstone is excellent to crawl for sure, but it can fool you. Little bits of sand are always peeling off, and when you're trying to go slow and steady, it can be frustrating to have a good hold for a moment, only to have it crumble away from underneath.

This is 10 Rock, one of the most difficult rocks at Badrock Ridge.

https://youtu.be/cV-JoIG4i20?si=3cXU63atsH5gfXPz

Of all the challenging lines we have at Badrock, this was one of the most pleasing to have conquered.

Sandstone is excellent to crawl for sure, but it can fool you. Little bits of sand are always peeling off, and when you're trying to go slow and steady, it can be frustrating to have a good hold for a moment, only to have it crumble away from underneath.

This is 10 Rock, one of the most difficult rocks at Badrock Ridge.

https://youtu.be/cV-JoIG4i20?si=3cXU63atsH5gfXPz

Of all the challenging lines we have at Badrock, this was one of the most pleasing to have conquered.

You have crumbling rocks, but on the East Coast we have moss, mud, slime and water. :ror:

No doubt!:ror:

Mud, moss, slick rock. All real world challenges for us over here!

Yeah, mossy slimy rocks. Slick as snot! I'd take that tire wearing sandstone anyday!:)

For sure. I guess that's why we have so much rock crawling and off-roading in the southwest.! Moab is pretty amazing, as well as other spots. We are spoiled for sure. No state income tax is also pretty nifty.

I plan on sending one of our Element Gatekeeper builds and a Losi worm on down the line, and most likely I'll use that coin for another VRD build. I want to run it head to head with our in-house designed Antero ( the green truck in the vids ). I think the Antero will still have the advantage, but it's gonna be real close. I think Vanquish put out a winner here. The first benchmark for VRD #2 will be 10 Rock trail. If it climbs that, well then I'm gonna need to reflect a bit. One thing is for sure, I don't let all of this beautiful red rock go uncrawled.

s

Back