• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New Vanquish VRD Carbon

Good work fellas, another victim of the VP bug lol. Think i may sell one of my rigs to fund one for myself. But which one do i let go, is the question

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

I hate you both. Worse case scenario, we will design in-house on solidworks and fire up the fancy 3D printers at work. I'll get it ordered.

s

Success! I’ve been on the verge of ordering a fordyce myself, but I just couldn’t resist the VRD.

Fordyce may just have to wait until early next year.

Good work fellas, another victim of the VP bug lol. Think i may sell one of my rigs to fund one for myself. But which one do i let go, is the question

All I know is my favorite rig is the one I don’t already have haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After having the VS 410 Pro in the collection for some time, I was always a tiny bit disappointed with other crawlers. Something special about the VP crawlers. I was about to do the Bushido build, even though I knew I'd toss 60% of it into the trash, but then the VRD lands. Building that into the Fordyce gets me the best of both worlds from VP, so I'm in.

It will be fun documenting the build on our website. I'm also looking forward to seeing that Kyle comes up with on the body mounts and other small details. He did a bang-up job on our own in-house carbon frame crawler, so this should be fairly simple.

s

It's a great looking package, and priced directly against its competition. I'm honestly not sure which I would have picked if this was available back when I ordered my scx10 pro, but having my Phoenix now I do really like the vp drivetrain.

I'm not currently in the market, but it'll be on the list for a future build. For now my stable is full (self imposed limit), plus I just had to spend a built rc comp rig worth of cash to replace some parts in the big crawler. :lol:

h7Zrdfr.jpeg

It isn't winter unless there is a new build on the bench

It isn't winter unless there is a new build on the bench
So, what you're saying is...it's 'winter' all the time. [emoji1360]

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

I don't need one but, I want one.

Exactly brother. Our local track/course closed down a little while ago. Now I trail and crawl at local parks and creeks. Definitely enough challenging obstacles to justify building a (semi)comp rig (how I’d build it anyway). "thumbsup"

What’s everybody thinking body wise? Cliffhanger seems like an easy choice…

I haven’t found a good performance oriented body that I love the looks of

I finally watched Josh's video on it last night and I'm more impressed. Lots of little details here and there that are pretty neat. I hope they sell that transmission separately.

I prefer the Coyote over the Cliffhanger, but I run a Comp Wagon with a carbon fiber bed from Tech Factory on my current comp rig. I know the body is played out but its lightweight and easy to right itself after a rollover. I had the body painted by someone with far more skill than me so it actually stands out in a crowd. :ror:

I'll be using my Cliffhanger body off of my GSpeed build for now since Josh said the sliders work perfectly with that body.

BUT, I did notice this in the option parts listed in the VRD manual. Looks like VP will be releasing a STANCE body in the future.:shock:

IMG_2739.jpg

Well that’s a nice find Brian. Notice the 4.75 PRO foams also.

That’s some real wisdom right there

;-)

I hate you both. Worse case scenario, we will design in-house on solidworks and fire up the fancy 3D printers at work. I'll get it ordered.

s

Your welcome!:)

And another victim!:lmao:

After having the VS 410 Pro in the collection for some time, I was always a tiny bit disappointed with other crawlers. Something special about the VP crawlers. I was about to do the Bushido build, even though I knew I'd toss 60% of it into the trash, but then the VRD lands. Building that into the Fordyce gets me the best of both worlds from VP, so I'm in.

It will be fun documenting the build on our website. I'm also looking forward to seeing that Kyle comes up with on the body mounts and other small details. He did a bang-up job on our own in-house carbon frame crawler, so this should be fairly simple.

s

Looing forward to watching your new VRD Fordyce take shape!"thumbsup"

BUT, I did notice this in the option parts listed in the VRD manual. Looks like VP will be releasing a STANCE body in the future.:shock:

A pinched and appropriately clearanced version of their scout pickup would be sweet. Interested to see what they've got planned. Nice catch on the parts list

So, what you're saying is...it's 'winter' all the time. [emoji1360]

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

:ror: why are things are always funnier when there is an element of truth to them...

that said, I have clearly slowed down on the building. I had one of last winters two builds sitting on my bench all summer this year. It really should have been over the rocks and on the trails this past summer. Shame on me...

I don't need one but, I want one.
yes, exact;y
I trail and crawl at local parks and creeks. Definitely enough challenging obstacles to justify building a (semi)comp rig (how I’d build it anyway). "thumbsup"

Same, the only thing about this i question is the 37% OD. Might be a bit much for the trails. I might need to temper that a bit

:ror: why are things are always funnier when there is an element of truth to them...

that said, I have clearly slowed down on the building. I had one of last winters two builds sitting on my bench all summer this year. It really should have been over the rocks and on the trails this past summer. Shame on me...
Don't feel bad. One of my still-unfinished projects...a 1/10 Traxxas Rustler 4x4, wish I am converting to a 1/8 E-buggy...was started approx 4-5 years ago, and still isn't complete. Admittedly, the primary reason is because I had to 'temporarily' box it up, in order to make room for two other projects I needed to work on, and I completely forgot about it (the old "Out of sight, out of mind" saying)...and, now, since moving 11 months ago, I still have wow a few RC boxes I have yet to find and/or go through.

Same, the only thing about this i question is the 37% OD. Might be a bit much for the trails. I might need to temper that a bit

I was thinking the same thing. I may pull out the overdrive gears in the front portal and put in a standard set.

Back