• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Lucky's Flatbed

Got my spare tailgate back on.

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0002-1.jpg

IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0004-1.jpg

IMG_0006-1.jpg

Last edited:
That looks really really good but I swear I've seen that tray somewhere I think on mj200/0 eBay thing

this rig is just amazing, AWESOME WORK! very close to how i'd love to have my honcho eventually look like to, definetly my favorite build i've seen so far in my life.

Thanks Jeepin-Paul!!! Your Brute looks great.

I want to get some video soon. But I wanted to let guys know when I got the rc4wd shocks I was pretty unimpressed, I'd anticipated it and on another post(can't remember which one, but some one else messed with drilling out the holes in the pistons and I think he modded the spacer in the cap). Stock they leaked with out even being used. I played with some different o-ring combinations and I drilled bigger holes in the pistons. You need a real small hobby drill bit and have to drill by hand, careful not to blow the side of the piston out. I ended up using three o-rings in the bottom cap along with the spacer the shocks came with. I used 1 stock o-ring, then a black rubber one from mcmastercarr (http://www.mcmaster.com/#9262k133/=d56ewf), then the spacer, and finally a silicone one from mcmastercarr(http://www.mcmaster.com/#9396k63/=d56ecq). And after running it pretty roughly they still do not leak. I've got 25wt oil in them and I'm running a little over 11lbs. and I really like they way the act, so far. I did put different o-rings at the top cap but I can't remember what size. Definitly tighter that the stock which allows me to tighten the top a bit better. The original o-rings would just squish and distort.
And actually I'm hoping I posted links to the right o-rings I used, I bought a bunch metric and standard just to work it out.
Either way I'm very happy I got them to work pretty good, I love the look.
And I hope this helps somebody else out.

Well since I stole the axles off my yota, I still wanted captured springs.
So I roughed up some mounts I thought I'd share.

a1.jpg

b2.jpg

c3.jpg

d4.jpg

e5.jpg

Last edited:
Back