• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

1.9 LCG second hand trail truck

2 of 3 bodies have arrived!

Toyota landcruiser

IMG_1215.jpeg

Toyota 4runner

IMG_1216.jpeg

Thinking of white for the 4 runner and red for the Land Cruiser. The proline Cherokee body will be blue, see the theme?

Merica

New servo has arrived!

IMG_1245.jpeg

I really wanted some full colored servo from reefs or nsdrc but there were none that I wanted with enough torques. This one claims 765oz- 1025oz. That will be plenty enough for this and then some. Rig doesn’t weigh even close to my other trail trucks (trx4 around 10.5lbs) and the added weight for the most part is not rotational.

IMG_1246.jpeg

Working on little things.

Replaced the mismatched driveshafts for some vanquish stock shafts.

IMG_1247.jpeg

Had to trim down the transfer to motor driveshaft and found out that the 1/4 inch I had to take off was the only 1/4 inch the driveshaft had of splines. lol. Just free spins! I have a new, shorter one coming tomorrow from bezos, so that’ll fix it.

IMG_1248.jpeg

And then to start prepping bodies for paint and getting them painted!

New shaft is in and it fits perfect.

IMG_1253.jpeg

Also allowed for clearance between the front driveshaft and motor/ t case shaft. The other shafts touched upon rotation and were starting to rub the plastic down, which in turn created a small bind when the grub screws came around to each other.

IMG_1254.jpeg

Last edited:
The new release Cherokee body from proline came in today! Just received shipping notice yesterday too. Can’t wait to trim it and slap some paint on it

I can’t remember if these were less wide than the axial Cherokee bodies. Always thought those were too wide. But glad to have a 97+ body style

IMG_1266.jpeg

Trimmed the 4 runner body and Cherokee body this morning. Little sanding to do on the edges of the runner body and mask it.

IMG_1267.jpeg

IMG_1269.jpeg

Thinking I’m gonna have to trim off the flares, don’t like flares anyway and the front bumper, maybe rear bumper of the Cherokee body. It’s definitely gonna rub if not

IMG_1270.jpeg

IMG_1271.jpeg

A 4Runner body for it. Toyota body fits a bit better than the Cherokee body, think due to the width of the bodies. Need new sliders for the Cherokee as these ones look funny and don’t match the rockers well.

IMG_1280.jpeg

IMG_1279.jpeg

IMG_1281.jpeg

Got it out on some rocks today. Minor trimming is needed for both bodies but I’m happier with these bodies than the ugly gen7 body.

IMG_1282.jpegIMG_1284.jpegIMG_1288.jpegIMG_1287.jpegIMG_1286.jpeg

Back