• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gat714's Y-Town XR10 BJV4

Thanks ittybitty. It was running great, up until about 2 hours ago when my rear HH 45T gave out on me. If i put any stress on it, it wont run. I'm going to send them to John Holmes tomorrow to rebuild them.

What that's weird. I meant to say your servo. Has your servo glitched, froze on you or does it get hot?

Nope no glitching from my servo at all. It has been on point every time. Partly because my throw is not nearly where i want it. Hopefully my new servo arm will change that "thumbsup"

I think i'm going to order some Brood 40T's tomorrow.

Well i had my first comp (ever) today. I think it went well :mrgreen:

Standingscomp2.jpg

ScoresComp2.jpg

SANY2623.jpg

SANY2622.jpg

SANY2621.jpg

SANY2619.jpg

SANY2617.jpg

SANY2616.jpg

SANY2615.jpg

SANY2614.jpg

SANY2593.jpg

SANY2589.jpg

SANY2588.jpg

SANY2587.jpg

SANY2586.jpg

SANY2585.jpg

SANY2584.jpg

SANY2553.jpg

SANY2552.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it did. Too much! Funny story, kinda.. I accidentally ordered the 1/5 scale servo! I loved how beefy it was so i moddified it. I cut off a bit of length and drilled out the back of the screw hole to slip over my servo nut. Worked like a champ today! I dont see this thing getting bent! I think i'm gonna stick with the 335 hubs. I have pretty good steering and i dont want to widen it.

Here are a few pics beside my previous servo, before the modifications:

001-3.jpg

004-2.jpg

002-4.jpg

I also got a longer horn, it was much longer than the stock one, but it was a tad bit longer. It does look like it gave me more throw to. I also compared it to the stock steering tie rod, and the stock tie rod still seems to give more steering angle. I have the stock tie rod on it now, I'm still not sure if I will go back to the single one, yet.

But I do like the longer horn.

And holy sh*t that servo horn of yours is huge!:shock:

Haha yea i opened the package last week, pulled out the new servo horn, and was all.. :shock:

I have been LOVING my one piece (or two put together like we talked about) link behind the axle. No slop at all and didnt hang up at all today. It's all up to you man, but i'm not going back 8)

Haha yea i opened the package last week, pulled out the new servo horn, and was all.. :shock:

I have been LOVING my one piece (or two put together like we talked about) link behind the axle. No slop at all and didnt hang up at all today. It's all up to you man, but i'm not going back 8)

I may go back to it, I do like the no slop in the stock one. The difference wasn't that notice able too...

Well as far as the rig; VP tranny cases (when they come back in stock), hardened steel gears, waiting for my 40T motors to come in, and some pretty slick camo skins for my crawler and 4PK that i'm workin on "thumbsup"

As far as comps; any that i can get to! I'm trying to throw together a fun comp at Palo Duro Canyon, TX next weekend. The only problem is that i'm in BFE. I have to drive quite a bit to get to anywhere decent.

You?

That wasn't a win... that was devastation :shock:.

I'm sure your truck and your driving was spot on... but how did you whoop all of them soooo bad ? You beat #2 by 104 points :shock::shock:.

I'm glad I don't have to comp against you "thumbsup"

Nice job.

Last edited:
Haha things just plain worked yesterday. There are times where i have been frustrated with myself or my rig, but yesterday went smooth like butta "thumbsup"

and thank you

Back