• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

JimrC's Bronco + Upgrades

Great looking little Bronco, those tires look interesting too and not too huge! There ought to be more good high clearance aftermarket bumper options for these little guys.

Great looking little Bronco, those tires look interesting too and not too huge! There ought to be more good high clearance aftermarket bumper options for these little guys.

Thanks and agreed ... would be nice to see more options for sure "thumbsup"

These OGRC's are working out really nice (rock/gravel and dirt) although I think a better set of foams would be beneficial. I think the stock tire size was 52mm and these are not much bigger at 54mm. I can use 56mm's on the Bronco with this set-up but not any bigger than that and any bigger just doesn't look right to my eyes lol

I moved the rear indicators up to the window, new bumper set on order "thumbsup"

axial-scx24-ford-bronco-2023-07-16-rear-indicators-new-position-4.jpg

Got the CodaRacing bumper set and have to say ... fits perfectly "thumbsup"

axial-scx24-ford-bronco-2023-07-20-close-up-1.jpg
axial-scx24-ford-bronco-2023-07-20-close-up-2.jpg
axial-scx24-ford-bronco-2023-07-20-close-up-3.jpg
axial-scx24-ford-bronco-2023-07-20-8.jpg

Those are great looking bumpers! The little Bronco is looking pretty sharp!"thumbsup"

Thanks B-MOW71, I've removed the hitch for now ... on the hunt for a trailer :mrgreen:

While I'm waiting on some scale accessories arriving, decided the rig needed a kinetic recovery kit. Used some 1.3mm cord elastic and some 20G copper wire and now have this kit below (just needs a bag made).

axial-scx24-ford-bronco-2023-07-31-hard-shackle-5.jpg

Failed at two hard shackles the same size but close enough I say. The smaller holes are threaded so screws do their job "thumbsup"

axial-scx24-ford-bronco-2023-07-31-hard-shackle-3.jpg

axial-scx24-ford-bronco-2023-07-31-hard-shackle-7.jpg

axial-scx24-ford-bronco-2023-07-31-hard-shackle-6.jpg

axial-scx24-ford-bronco-2023-07-31-hard-shackle-8.jpg

Cargo net to be made next.

Last edited:
I just have to ask do your kinetiic rope really work? Either way it's a cool looking kit that you rig up.

I just have to ask do your kinetiic rope really work? Either way it's a cool looking kit that you rig up.

They do work but have a bit more stretch in them than I would like ... not by much though but still help pull the rig up when needed. Will do more testing but for now, very happy with the results "thumbsup"

All for fun but nice that they do function if you wana play, work way better than the stock boards which I find waaay too light in weight and super slippy ... now there just for show ... not as practical as the stretchy cord ;-)

Again, all for fun but meet the Broncs new driver "thumbsup"

Axial-SCX24-Ford-Bronco---2023-08-04---Statler-takes-possesion-2.jpg

Axial-SCX24-Ford-Bronco---2023-08-04---Statler-takes-possesion.jpg

Now I just have to find Waldorf :)

Absolutely love the new driver!! "thumbsup"

Thanks, still no luck finding Waldorf yet but won't give up.

I also added some rock lights to make it hopefully possible to run in the dark.

Axial-SCX24-Ford-Bronco---2023-12-8---Rock-Lights-Test-1.jpg
Axial-SCX24-Ford-Bronco---2023-12-8---Rock-Lights-Test-3.jpg

Just gotta test them out more but think I'll be redoing the brackets.

Last edited:
Been a couple of weeks since posting (site was playing up for me ... I thinks). Anyways, now I'm pretty much done with the Bronco (been a blast out on the trails) so I thought I'd do the final specs. Just don't feel the need to spend anymore on it now, time to think of the next rig :ror:

Axial-SCX24-Ford-Bronco---Specs.jpg

Getting back to the site, a question for you guys. How do you retrieve notifications, messages, etc. I'm sure I seen one but hit the back key right away and now can't find anything ... maybe the auld mind is playing games :lmao:

Back