• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

JimrC's Bronco + Upgrades

So I"m trying out these OGRC 54x19mm rock and trail pro tires. I'm wondering if anyone has tried these and has any thoughts on them. My first thought is ... I'm liking them. The dual stage foams that come with the tires seems to be working better than expected too. Just need to wear them in and find out if they'll be a keeper ... hope so.

axial-scx24-ford-bronco-2023-06-29-ogrc-54x19mm-rock-and-trail-pro.jpg
axial-scx24-ford-bronco-2023-06-28-orgc-54x19mm-rock-and-trail-pro-tire-3.jpg
axial-scx24-ford-bronco-2023-06-29-side-stance.jpg

Oh, I also reduced my overall weight by 80g changing out the wheels from the brass ones (the EMax servo seems to be happier with this) BUT decided I don't really don't like the look of stamped steelies lol so getting another set of wheels for it ... jeez, adds up when you get start getting a bit fussy lol ... and also managed to increase the RTI number to 1224 BUT still haven't worked out the point of this is lol still think it's bragging rights?

Last edited:
RTI is all about the flex , wheel travel . The farther up that ramp with all tires on the ground the better. I have see a few ramps for RC vehicles but they do seem to have different angles on them. In the full size world I believe the ramps are all built to the same specifications.

RTI is all about the flex , wheel travel . The farther up that ramp with all tires on the ground the better. I have see a few ramps for RC vehicles but they do seem to have different angles on them. In the full size world I believe the ramps are all built to the same specifications.

From my research, 20 degrees seems to be popular and some events will use 23 degrees. I understand the maths side of it, just not the point of it. Seems to be for the fun factor :mrgreen:

Last edited:

I would think for the numbers to mean anything the ramps would need to be at the same angle.

I'm not into comp so I just do mods to mine then test them on my courses to see if they preform the way I want.

I would think for the numbers to mean anything the ramps would need to be at the same angle.

I'm not into comp so I just do mods to mine then test them on my courses to see if they preform the way I want.

I have no interest in comps or the likes, this is just the nerd side in me showing I guess :ror: Like yourself, just enough to get them handling the way I want and keeping the look I want. All fun this :mrgreen: keeping them as low cost is my goal but still keeping a smile on me face too.

Have some orange LED's on order and will be using these for indicators ... finally worked out the V2 ESC which has a left/right channel which are CL-L2 & CL-R3 "thumbsup"

Where will you be installing the blinkers ?

Probably just the bumpers as look to be the easiest route "thumbsup"

Should get the order tomorrow so will leave a thought or two after fitting them "thumbsup"

Just about finished with the Bronco now and soon be time to think of the next ... which I'm thinking of doing from ground up ... just not sure exactly what yet.

Also put on another set of wheels, last set I hope :ror:

axial-scx24-ford-bronco-2023-07-05-on-the-rocks-3.jpg

Last edited:
What LED lights did you use ?

Bulk pack of orange LED's from Amazon, along with servo/jst plugs, light buckets ... also some resistors for a later project in mind but for the Bronco ... keeping it simple. I also added a tail light to the rear window "thumbsup"

So I"m trying out these OGRC 54x19mm rock and trail pro tires. I'm wondering if anyone has tried these and has any thoughts on them. My first thought is ... I'm liking them. The dual stage foams that come with the tires seems to be working better than expected too. Just need to wear them in and find out if they'll be a keeper ... hope so.

These tires remind of the Traxxas Canyon Trails. Those are great tires and these look like they should be great too!

I'm gonna have to get me a set to try out!

These tires remind of the Traxxas Canyon Trails. Those are great tires and these look like they should be great too!

I'm gonna have to get me a set to try out!

I'm liking the size of these and also the S5 compound. Offering plenty of grip on both dirt and rocks. I think I would buy another set of these ... will have to look at these Canyon Trails you mentions ... thanks "thumbsup"

I forgot to show the extra tail light added to the window and indicators that were too bright without a resistor (now fitted).

axial-scx24-ford-bronco-2023-07-12-bronco-tail-lights.jpg
axial-scx24-ford-bronco-2023-07-12-working-indicators.jpg

Thanks guys and I forgot to show the rear indicators :lmao:

axial-scx24-ford-bronco-2023-07-13-11.jpg
axial-scx24-ford-bronco-2023-07-13-10.jpg
axial-scx24-ford-bronco-2023-07-13-9.jpg

Still on the hunt for the right bumper set for the Bronco but for now ... I couldn't resist drilling out the rear bumper "thumbsup" I may move the indicators up on the rear window as that keeps coming into the auld head lol

Last edited:
Back