• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gat714's Y-Town XR10 BJV4

Looks good man!

I like the ingenuity on your steering rod!"thumbsup"

I've also been looking for a robitronics servo horn and can't find them at the moment either.
My racers edge clamp style ended up binding with my steering linkage in the front.

Keep up the good work!"thumbsup"

Looks good man!

I like the ingenuity on your steering rod!"thumbsup"

I've also been looking for a robitronics servo horn and can't find them at the moment either.
My racers edge clamp style ended up binding with my steering linkage in the front.

Keep up the good work!"thumbsup"

Thank you very much. I have a racers edge servo arm right now too! It's just not quite long enough to give me the throw that i need. Any advise on how to get more throw, besides a longer servo arm?

Honestly, i might buy some HH 35T's or some Brood 40T's. I need some new motors for my berg anyway.

Honestly, i might buy some HH 35T's or some Brood 40T's. I need some new motors for my berg anyway.

I was set on 35t, but then I thought I would for surely be breaking gears and bearings.

But it seems like no matter what motor I put in I'll be breaking gears or bearings.:lmao:

I think i'm gonna try tekin 35t handwounds with 12t pinnions on 3s.

At the moment I'm using a cheap aluminum dynamite horn.

I haven't found any way to get that little extra steering without having a longer servo horn.

I love my fantom 45t motors in mine!

They seem to be way better than my old epic 45t's
And are probably the best motor I've ever ran to date!

My next motor will be the team broods though.
I hear great things about them!"thumbsup"

Well i took the day off and headed to Palo Duro Canyon State Park in Canyon, TX. It was a great day, not too warm not too cold "thumbsup"

Let me just say, Plao Duro is a rock ccrawlers heaven! Here are some shots i took today:

042.jpg

041.jpg

040.jpg

039.jpg

038.jpg

035.jpg

029.jpg

027.jpg

025-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

0182.jpg

0162.jpg

0142.jpg

0112.jpg

0022-1.jpg

I am very happy with the way she performed. Other than tweaking the drag brakes a bit, i didn't change a thing from when i built it "thumbsup"

The truck looks great."thumbsup"

Now that you got a chance to crawl it, how did you like the wheelspeed and the turning radius?

I need more of both! Hopefully when my long servo arm comes in this week, i will be happy with the steering.

As far as wheel speed... i might throw these 45T's in my berg and order some new 35T's. Once you have experienced 35T's it's hard to run anything slower. There were a few gaps today that i couldnt jump.

Thanks ittybitty. It was running great, up until about 2 hours ago when my rear HH 45T gave out on me. If i put any stress on it, it wont run. I'm going to send them to John Holmes tomorrow to rebuild them.

Your bec is set to 7.4v right? Have you had any glitching problems with it?

Not one glitch. I have it set at 7.4 via castle link and plugged it into the bind port. My servo has all the juice it needs. Very powerful servo too!

Back