• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Dani's Chaotic SuperSpecial Pro Berg

some weight savings on the shocks (thanks Manu!):

7630802438_054a6f9f6c_o.jpg

7630802798_525ebf9211_o.jpg

and all the electronics wired up:

7630803122_25824aaa29_o.jpg

7630803390_3549197cd5_o.jpg

7630803818_5a0b28a568_o.jpg

she's running now, have to make some packs to find out, how she's working...

and with Panels in the Crawler-Halle rocks:

7631443306_db235e96b8_o.jpg

7631443706_a278dec356_o.jpg

7631444048_3b310bb9c5_o.jpg

7631444428_4dbeca464a_o.jpg

7631444800_0259ce1155_o.jpg

she makes fun so far, the rear axle works nearly perfekt, front is a bit to stiff, but I'll look forward to try out some different setups...

What about the front axle is "stiff"? Suspension, tires/foams?? The front tires would loosen up a lot just by cutting a pattern in the tread.

I look forward to getting a good look at this rig at Nat's, nice job on the build Dani "thumbsup"

Thanks Dicky T "thumbsup" looking forward to hang around with you at the Nats anyway.

Such a mean lookin rig man. I am in love:ror:

Thanks

What about the front axle is "stiff"? Suspension, tires/foams?? The front tires would loosen up a lot just by cutting a pattern in the tread.

Tires are fine, they will be patternd anyway. The suspension isn't working "free" at all in the moment. Have to play with the links a little bit. Perhaps bending the front uppers slightly for making the front axle working smother.

Thanks guys.

The truck looks great. I realy like the wheels. What is the RTR weight?

Thanks Ted "thumbsup"

RTR weight is 2'608 gramms / 5.75 lbs at the moment. This will change a little bit with the different tire setups and that is without knuckleweights. Fully loaded I'll be around 2'940 gramms / 6.48 lbs.

That's with the heavy Khaos tires. Rovers are slightly lighter ;-)

RTR weight is 2'608 gramms / 5.75 lbs at the moment. This will change a little bit with the different tire setups and that is without knuckleweights. Fully loaded I'll be around 2'940 gramms / 6.48 lbs.

;-)

looks great dani..... but isnt it kind of hard to advertise it with no knuckle weight on on it:shock::lmao:

on a more serious note...

in my experience with a similiar setup i also think that you are gonna need AT LEAST 7 oz of knuckle weight per corner all said an done.

good luck this weekened"thumbsup"

looks great dani..... but isnt it kind of hard to advertise it with no knuckle weight on on it:shock::lmao:

on a more serious note...

in my experience with a similiar setup i also think that you are gonna need AT LEAST 7 oz of knuckle weight per corner all said an done.

good luck this weekened"thumbsup"

Thanks Jeremy -

your absolutely right, thats why I'll showed up both weights, without KW and fully loaded. So I hope I have advertised both ways "thumbsup"

The reason why I didn't show up with the mounted KW is that I have some work on the KW holder ;-)

6 oz per side must be enough, that's max load for the moment. If I need more, I have some bigger work to do on my holder :shock:

I'm really looking forward to drive her tomorrow for some packs and see what happens. If time allows, I'll post up some short vid.

Thanks Jeremy -

your absolutely right, thats why I'll showed up both weights, without KW and fully loaded. So I hope I have advertised both ways "thumbsup"

The reason why I didn't show up with the mounted KW is that I have some work on the KW holder ;-)

6 oz per side must be enough, that's max load for the moment. If I need more, I have some bigger work to do on my holder :shock:

I'm really looking forward to drive her tomorrow for some packs and see what happens. If time allows, I'll post up some short vid.

just messin with ya"thumbsup"

was out for a first outdoor setup session today and I'm just a bit impressed how much fun a light Super can be "thumbsup"

I'm not happy with my ESCs, must refresh the setup of them, they are not smooth enough yet. But the rest seems to go in the right direction.

For this 3 packs I drove today, she was fully loaded with 5.5 oz KW per side.

Made a little simple video for you guys:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C3YlAE0Nfy0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for watching and for any inputs "thumbsup"

so guys, no maiden run without any issues; I had two and a half of em, the half is that the ESC's not ran propperly, I wanna have that much smother and have to play a bit with the Castle Link and the sidewinders. Nothing bad so far, just a bit work and testy time.

Then I had an issue with a rod end of my front tie rod. I think I squezzed that a bit to much so it loose all the time and I had to make a "McGyver-fix" for making the setup runs:

7655035418_7547281134_o.jpg

and second/last issue was my fault too, I forgot to change the screw of the rear Tie rod / Servohorn and so it fall out after 3 packs...:oops:

7655035562_8607e0912a_o.jpg

after checking her in my shop, no more issues so far. I'm happy.

some words to my wheel hub spacers and the track wide:

that adapters I'm using actually are 18 mm / 0.71" wide and at the moment I run them in combination with 0.475 VP hubs. That give me a track width of 13 7/16"...

7655036034_691a831b85_o.jpg

she feels pretty good like that.

for fixing the hubs to the wheels I have to use screws with a lenght of 26 mm / 1.02" and for beeing sure that I can give the the force needed, I wided the VP hubs up to M3 threads...

7655036162_b982a9ccb0_o.jpg

so I can use very strong screws with a 2.5mm Hex head...

7655035894_b4004c6c30_o.jpg

messing some weight for sure, but strong.

Just an inside view of the mounted wheel:

7655035734_2397438826_o.jpg

the screws are much to long, had only 30 mm screws; the new one are on its way and I wanna give the titanium screws a chance later. Saving some weight while being bullet-proof, you know Jeremy ;-)

For being able to play a bit with the track width, I made three sets of VP hubs, so I can go with 225, 475 and 600. Time will tell if I need that...

Ready for the French Nats this weekend, can't wait to crawl with Manu and his all new XR10 Super, guess he has a bit more steering angle, like my spy shot from yesterday is showing up; thanks Manu for the OK posting that amazing pic here:

7655161414_b246eb8b6a_o.jpg

stay tunded guys; and have fun "thumbsup"

Super throwdown! AND..... FIGHT!:ror:

Jk, Looks great man. I really like the idea of tapping the hubs to 3mm... I have thought about it before.. Just never followed through with it.

VERY sweet brotha"thumbsup"

Super throwdown! AND..... FIGHT!:ror:

Jk, Looks great man. I really like the idea of tapping the hubs to 3mm... I have thought about it before.. Just never followed through with it.

VERY sweet brotha"thumbsup"

Thanks bud

I guess that's not a bad mod with M3, I tested it with an old hub and you can give real big pressure on the M3 til it goes.

Thinking about to make this to the 2.2 and 1.9 too.

Back