• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

OS's comp(ish) fun trucks.

My usual crawl spot was packed last weekend due to a Fall Fest, so I ended up just doing some backyard crawling just to shake it down Spare Parts a bit. It was ready to roll pretty much, though I need to drill a few holes for the bumpers. It made short work of pretty much anything I threw at it. Climbed some decent sized stuff around the yard, including the "test tree" :) It's a huge old gnarly maple that is pretty fun to climb around -fantastic sidehill and stability test.

I did run into an issue getting the battery in - the body posts were so low they were blocking the battery tray, and I couldn't get my fat fingers under the chassis spacer to get it tight. I fudged it in there and wheeled around anyway. Felt great overall - super stable, tires seem very grippy and nothing fell off though the bumpers were about to fall off. I think there might be some rear shock tuning in my future, but I'll run it first in the woods and see.

20241013-095028-SM.jpg

20241013-095319-SM.jpg

20241013-095544-SM.jpg

Brought it back in and modded the body mounts and moved the chassis spacer a bit Also got the bumpers finished up and mounted solid so it's 100% ready to go. Can't wait to get it out for a real challenge.

Back