• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Dani's Chaotic SuperSpecial Pro Berg

I would sort out the caster and tie rod setup first before committing to placing the battery there, it may contact the tie rod and limit the steering throw.

You're right for sure. I'm just playing around during the waiting time for my Ti Links. Once they arrived, I can setup the axles and go ahead. But I'm hoping to finde some place around there for the battery.

Thanks, Shelby.

You did great work as always, Shelby "thumbsup" That was in good fun, guess you know that, man ;-) No Texans, no foams, we all would know that...

I know your just poking fun I guess just don't see why.

I hadnt even thought of the foams, but that and a lot of other killer ideas go to Eddie for sure.

86Jeep:

Steering
Battery/electronics mounted to the back of the gearbox
Aluminum hollow balls
3/16 Ti links
Thin CF bodiless chassis

Myself:

Slw hubs on blast wheels
Shrinking bec
3/16" Ti links on a super
8* kingpins on a super
Dual sheer adjustable upper link mount
that exact steering setup

You're right for sure. I'm just playing around during the waiting time for my Ti Links. Once they arrived, I can setup the axles and go ahead. But I'm hoping to finde some place around there for the battery.

Thanks, Shelby.

No problem, you can probably clear it if you run mild caster.

it seems that Erik's electronic plate is much to big; I thought in Texas everything is a bit bigger :shock:

7544480766_3b0cd5e06d_o.jpg

That plate was intended to fit ALL the electronics on it. I have ESCs, BECs and receiver on that plate. Is there a reason you didnt want to throw it all on there and then put the battery behind the servo? It looks like the weight would be in a much better spot?

100_3021.jpg

No, there is no reason to doing it this or that way, how I wrote, I'm just playing around and the funny pic with the small ESC package on the "big" looking mount just makes me smilling... And of course the receiver need some place too...

Just awaiting the links and then try to bring everything in a place for giving me the best forward balance and well function on steering / shocks a.s.o.

It is really coming together Dani. You are getting too far ahead of me. I hope my build will get some speed soon.

Them Texas boys sure are funny.

I think it would make more sense to keep the BEC's close to the rest of the electronics since your Rx will probably end up there as well and if you run a compact y harness...or wire them directly to the servos none of the wires from the BEC's would need to travel any further than the electronics plate. It looks like you've got several options with these axles that I'm looking forward to messing around with soon as well "thumbsup"

I think it would make more sense to keep the BEC's close to the rest of the electronics since your Rx will probably end up there as well and if you run a compact y harness...or wire them directly to the servos none of the wires from the BEC's would need to travel any further than the electronics plate. It looks like you've got several options with these axles that I'm looking forward to messing around with soon as well "thumbsup"

Hmm, several ways to go. Thanks for the input, Ryan.

I'm just curious what battery you guys are running; I'm thinking about the Maxamps 3S 860 with 100C, what are you thinking about running those in Super?

Hi Dani

I see many using two bec, is this necessary?
Thought using Hitec 7980 and 7950 on my super, can not one bec supply two servos with power?

Or it is used two to be absolutely sure to get enough power for both servo?

Stein

Or it is used two to be absolutely sure to get enough power for both servo?

"thumbsup" For beeing sure and cause the servos in a super with the big wheels and (mostly) big hubs on there are really very power-hungry.

I'm not sure if you get lucky with a 7950 on the rear?? Take two 7980 and you'll be happy at all.

regards

Dani

a single 7980 can pull 10amps pretty easy....you really do need two BEC's imho

looking good dani!

Thanks Mark "thumbsup"

Hi,

looks very good Dani.

fritz

Thanks Fritz, looking forward to drive this thing on the SMC Comp in August with you "thumbsup"

I've got some Ti Links yesterday; just have to bend em and then I can do work again...

all the Ti Links and the steering links are ready to bend and assemble...

7591798418_5a8ea6e4d1_o.jpg

Chaotic Crawlers has the complet sets (16 pcs.) rod ends with Alu balls...

7591798714_43315ce6ea_o.jpg

the new D-Lux Wheels with the Khaos Tires from East Coast RC has arrived in Switzerland; great Job Erik and Ryan, thanks; I have to found some weight to lose, they are just a bit to heavy...

7591799346_1664d626a3_o.jpg

cutting the Khaos, seem's to be a neverending work, but must be done...

7591799626_8cc23c9eeb_o.jpg

done!

7591799868_49a5f9dd8b_o.jpg

have to bend some links tomorrow...

Looks good Dani...thanks for the compliments! What's the difference in weight between the Khaos on the DLux wheels and on the wheels they're on now?

Looks good Dani...thanks for the compliments! What's the difference in weight between the Khaos on the DLux wheels and on the wheels they're on now?

40 gramms / 1.4 oz so far

But I'll go with the Khaos and the D-Lux wheels and another lightweight setup with my old CF wheels and the amazing Rovers you made for me.

Guess the Rovers will be complet with hubs around 220 gramms / 7.7 oz

and third to try are the very light Sedonas from Shelby on D-Lux wheels;
I'll need a lot of time for all this test and setup runs...:roll:

NICE!!!! Those tires and wheels look sooo awsome. Very Very nice! I cannot wait to see the links8)

NICE!!!! Those tires and wheels look sooo awsome. Very Very nice! I cannot wait to see the links8)

Thanks Hittmann!

Need some more time for finishing the links, but have some pix about preparing the panelz with the fine skinz from Krawler Konceptz. This production was amazing again, sent the templates to Michelle and a few days later the skinz were on the way to Switzerland. Thanks again for this superfast service, Michelle "thumbsup"

here we go:

prepared and cleaned the lexan panel, normally I'll take 0.5mm for the panelz but for the Super I took 0.8 mm.

7596378748_99b5100619_o.jpg

put on the skinz

7596378880_3a3e2a0537_o.jpg

7596378998_2ee69d07a9_o.jpg

all the holes for fixing the panelz at the chassis have been marked in my template and Michelle cutted them. So it's very easy to make the holes in the lexan later...

done:

7596379138_79025a1d9a_o.jpg

just cutting the panelz...

7596379266_c991d91b2b_o.jpg

and making the holes in:

7596379420_c16ceebb20_o.jpg

and the family is almost complete...

7596379612_72d19998e0_o.jpg

Very nice Dani. How much weight would you lose if you took the inner bead out and just glued the tires and wheels??

Very nice Dani. How much weight would you lose if you took the inner bead out and just glued the tires and wheels??

Guess you ask about the D-Lux Wheels; didn't try that yet; can try that for you the bext days and make some pix. But I'll drive the D-Lux Wheels with the beadrings, just lighten them a bit. After beeing on the scale today with everything, I'm sure to reach the 6 lbs with the D-Lux wheels too. And with the lightweight wheels... 8)

I have some more pix for you guys...

still missing the lower rear links and hoping to get them tomorrow, but the rest brings enough work for the moment.

preparing the Ti links:

7597964196_76b5011fbd_o.jpg

and putting things together:

7597964428_63c3dfbba3_o.jpg

and some close ups:

7597964656_276b6b844b_o.jpg

7597964902_cf00117afa_o.jpg

7597965310_88e6fe44d9_o.jpg

7597965622_b90242c668_o.jpg

7597965816_46d6eb9a8d_o.jpg

and a top view (steering tie rods aren't done yet, I know...)

7597965092_c00c0862b3_o.jpg

and with Khaos Super tires from East Coast RC, thanks again Ryan, amazing job "thumbsup"

7597965986_1df8af9480_o.jpg

she's much to narrow at the moment, will go at least 1.5 - 2.0" wider, but got a pic with some steering:

7597966152_ec1bb8d0ef_o.jpg

now I'm waiting on the rear lowers and then I can fix all the D-Lux axle parts; electronics are ready so far and thinking about to rollout Saturday...

Back