• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

cbp27's Class 3 JK Build

Saweet! Maybe take a silver sharpie to the steering wheel spokes?

Saweet! Maybe take a silver sharpie to the steering wheel spokes?

I was thinking about doing that haha

Great job on the interior. RPPHobby sells a great sticker sheet with a bunch of guages, radios, and nav screen. Looks awesome so far keep up the good work.

Thanks! I've seen it before, is it Bowtie's? I was going to use a picture of the 1:1's gauges, but maybe I'll get that decal sheet for the sat nav unit.

very nice JK....great job for interior"thumbsup"

Thanks man!

Great build so far, looks good. "thumbsup"

Thanks man!

Finally...some minor updates to share.
I'm 99% finished with the interior. Just need to add a driver and some accessories. For the gauges and gps unit, I simply found 1:1 pictures, scaled them down, printed, and glued them on. I'm happy with it. It looks so much better in person though. Maybe some outside photos will look better. I'd still like to buy some new LEDs, including some for a light bar.

As for the chassis, it's pretty much ready. Just need to pop in the electronics box and take it for a spin!

Down the road I might change the front bumper, add a spare, and maybe some other things.
Let me know what you think! :mrgreen:

I love the silver sharpie trick!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nice work with the Sharpie! Do those come in many colors? May have to take a trip to Staples.

Interior came out great "thumbsup" May need some assistance with the Hummer's lol

Very cool build!"thumbsup" Must say that silver sharpie does and awesome job aswell!

Thanks man!

Nice work with the Sharpie! Do those come in many colors? May have to take a trip to Staples.

Thanks! Sharpie's come in all different colors, but the silver sharpie is special because it shows up on dark surfaces, due to its metallic makeup.

Interior came out great "thumbsup" May need some assistance with the Hummer's lol

Thanks man! I can help you out "thumbsup"

Lucky me, I have off today! Looks like I'll get to work on the Jeep a little more. :twisted:

The other night I dug out an old strobe LED kit that I used on my XJ Cherokee build. I know, it looks like a drifter, but it does have a constant-on mode which I'll use. Let me know what you guys think!

<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UbP26-HQFh0?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I haven't posted an update on here for a week, but trust me, I've been busy with it haha Fender flares were trimmed, lights finished, front bumper trimmed, accessories added, and I went a little crazy with the stickers.

I installed a Hitec 7950TH servo for ultimate power, and am currently wiring it directly to the BEC for even more power! :twisted: The winch was removed because I have a VP dig on the way :mrgreen: and I'm changing the front Hand Bros. 3-link to a 4-link with the help of Dinky RC. There were a lot of issues with the panhard bar hitting everything so this should help get some more flex.

Sorry no outside pics yet...only crappy indoor cell phone pics.
Let me know what you guys think! "thumbsup"

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It's coming along nicely. Now finish it so we can go crawling lol

Don't worry guys. It will be at the next comp, ready to win! :mrgreen:
Can't wait to drive it with everyone again "thumbsup"

I have my Dinky truss installed on the front axle, but I still need to get some new upper links for it. The VP dig is here and installed too, just need to dial in the shift points. Other than that it's nearing completion...for now haha

Back