• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

cbp27's Class 3 JK Build

Looks good! Definitely gonna need a little trimming and a small body lift "thumbsup"

Making good progress. How wide are you from outside tire to outside tire.

Wes

Thanks! It's 11" wide on the spot. And just for fun it currently has a 11 3/8" wheelbase, which might change soon.

Looks good! Definitely gonna need a little trimming and a small body lift "thumbsup"

Thanks! Definitely! Hopefully I can work on it this weekend.

I thought I was pushing mine out with a 10" wide stance. Hmmmm, 11 x 11 that is a square box.

Wes

I thought I was pushing mine out with a 10" wide stance. Hmmmm, 11 x 11 that is a square box.

Wes

lol I was thinking the same. May want to swap the CAC's to the skinnier side, it'll help your turning ability, not to mention the ability to clear gates.

I took your advice guys and swapped the hubs to the skinny side. Now at 10.5" wide and still looks good. Got 8oz. in each front wheel, 5oz. in each rear, but I got shorted 3 screws with my wheels so I need to find some before I can finish the last wheel. I tried some minor trimming of the fender flares, but not happy with it yet. I'll post pictures later in the week once I make some more progress. "thumbsup"

My last final was today so now I should be able to make some progress on the Jeep and get it finished soon.

I temporarily lifted the body about 3/4". The tire clearance is much better now. I also did some minor fender flare trimming and narrowed the front bumper.
What do you guys think?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I really love these wheels! Unfortunatly, 3 screws were missing and I can't find them at local hardware stores, so I'll have to wait for some to be mailed to finish mounting the last wheel (rear passanger outer ring).

I still need to:
Mount rear bumper
Add shims to bottom front/rear links to bump axles out
Raise interior
Finish interior
Get new lights

That is one sexy JK. Keep up the good work!"thumbsup"

Haha thanks! Still a bit of work to go. Should be even better!

Tried making a little muffler. I'm a horrible solderer lol And I don't have a tube bender or the skills to do it without one. Might try adding the inlet pipe though. Then I'll probably paint it silver.

picture.php

picture.php

I didn't realize it's been so long since I've made any updates on here. Haven't had a lot of time to make any real progress though, but here's a short list of what I've accomplished...

• Got some Traxxas Jato rod ends to extend my front lower links, pushing the front axle forward for a better approach angle.
picture.php

picture.php

• Got another set of Traxxas Revo rods to replace the stock plastic ones on the top rear.
picture.php

• Finally was able to get enough time to make a new mounting system in the rear for the bumper and body posts. (I decided to go back to body posts instead of magnets).
picture.php

• Still waiting on some missing screws for the wheel rings and the interior detail parts, which are all in the mail.
  • Still have to finish the interior, mount the shortend muffler, trim the fender flares, and get some new LEDs.

Looks horrible

Can i have it please :)

Haha thanks! Sorry but this is going to stay with me for a long time. :mrgreen:

Today I had some time to make and attach some mounting brackets to the muffler, paint it, and install it. I think it would be funny to get one of those little smoke generators for it.

Sorry for the crappy pictures...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Coming along nicely! The lengthened front looks a lot better, I'm assuming you have at least a 90* approach angle now?

Cant wait to go crawlin again "thumbsup"

Coming along nicely! The lengthened front looks a lot better, I'm assuming you have at least a 90* approach angle now?

Cant wait to go crawlin again "thumbsup"

Thanks man! The picture might be a little deceptive with the perspective being in a different position (approach angle). But, its an eyelash off of being 90* lol

Made a little more progress today. Made a cover to hide the body posts in the back and soldered up two brass cupholders. I really want to paint it but I'm waiting on some key interior detail parts, and I still have to fit them. Can't wait though! So close! :mrgreen:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I bought an Axial interior parts set for the steering wheel and shifters but when I got it, it had some manufacturing defects. Hopefully the replacement will arrive early next week so I can finally finish this darn interior. I used the steering wheel and had to make my own column for it since the original one was only a little nub. I also decided to put in some aircon vents for fun. I added some extra styrene in certain spots and now it's ready for paint tomorrow morning! :mrgreen:

picture.php

Turned out really good. Both you guys need to hurry and finish so I have someone to compete against!

Wes

LED bucket ac vents? Good thinkin!

Haha thanks! I knew they'd come in handy some day.

Turned out really good. Both you guys need to hurry and finish so I have someone to compete against!

Wes

Thanks Wes! I just need to add some finishing touches to the interior, mount the electronics box, and fix one of my wheels. Chris is at the mercy of Axial and Tower hobbies lol

Black looks so much better than white.
picture.php

Still need some shifters, gauges, and a sat. nav.
picture.php

Back