• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Badger's Axial SCX10 Jeep JK w/ VP Currie Rock Axles

Re: Badger's SCX10 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with VP Currie Rock Axles

Those are awesome pics. Very sharp. Are you shooting them in RAW
format?

Another Q, do you think the 475 spacer would clear the 8* VP knuckles?

Thanks, yep shooting in RAW.

Yes the 475 hubs fit with plenty of clearance.

Re: Badger's SCX10 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with VP Currie Rock Axles

This thread should have a NSFW warning on it... :shock:

"thumbsup"

I see you haven't stopped your habit of building a bad-ass rig with stock ring/pinion gears and axle shafts. :lol:

Now it needs a little dirt. That thing is too clean.

Will the tie rod not fit if its put on top of the high steer knuckles on both sides?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, this latest version of this RTR is awesome. Glad to finally see the new Axial/VP collaboration right out of the box. What is he price on this Axial/VP version and when is it going to be released? Can I preorder it from RPP?

Sold, if you get sick of it. "thumbsup"

Beautiful rig, absolutely beautiful! "thumbsup"

I see you haven't stopped your habit of building a bad-ass rig with stock ring/pinion gears and axle shafts. :lol:
:flipoff: I keep forgetting to order the HD ring/pinion gears. I guess that's partially because I don't feel it's an absolute necessity with a 1.9 scaler running a typical brushed motor as I have been running the stock ring/pinion in my Honcho for years now with no problems.

I did however find a new HD 36T/14T over drive gear set in my garage the other day so I tore the front axle apart and upgraded the gears in it. I also spoke with Brandon who said he was going to send me Axial's new HD 38T/13T gear set that has the hole pre-drilled in the pinion shaft so that will be going in the rear axle. The main reason I definitely want the HD ring/pinion gears in these axles is because from what Ty told me the Tekin ROC 412 has a ton of power especially on 3S to brake shit. "thumbsup"

And as I previously posted there is a reason I'm running the stock axle shafts/dog bones.

Besides, I purposely left the dog bones in for my next photos to show that the stock axial components are compatible with the Currie rockjock axles. Not everyone has an unlimited budget for their rc crawlers and might not be able to afford the axles and every other billet upgrade possible in one purchase. This way they know they can upgrade their SCX10 in stages if needed.

Will the tie rod not fit if its put on top of the high steer knuckles on both sides?
I actually messed up on that pic, the right side (in the pic) should have been mounted on the bottom of the steering knuckle as it was in previous pics because if I mount the left side (in the pic) on top of the steering knuckle it would raise the drag link up to high. It probably doesn't matter either way, I just like having the drag link level.

Now it needs a little dirt. That thing is too clean.
It got dirty last night, I'll take some pics.

Wow, this latest version of this RTR is awesome. Glad to finally see the new Axial/VP collaboration right out of the box. What is he price on this Axial/VP version and when is it going to be released? Can I preorder it from RPP?

Sold, if you get sick of it. "thumbsup"
You don't honestly think that the VP Currie axles come stock on the Axial JK RTR rig do you?

An no, I won't be selling this rig.

Dont beat on that thing til we go take shitty outside pictures
Ooops. It didn't get beat on to bad last night.

Honestly, most the time the HD gears not needed. Even on my Wraith at 11lbs and running a Pro4 on 3 and 4 cell, the ring gears lasted almost 2 years. They finally failed when the pinion bearings let go.

Rig looks great, just reminds me how mad I am at Steve when looking at it!

:flipoff: I keep forgetting to order the HD ring/pinion gears. I guess that's partially because I don't feel it's an absolute necessity with a 1.9 scaler running a typical brushed motor as I have been running the stock ring/pinion in my Honcho for years now with no problems.

I did however find a new HD 36T/14T over drive gear set in my garage the other day so I tore the front axle apart and upgraded the gears in it. I also spoke with Brandon who said he was going to send me Axial's new HD 38T/13T gear set that has the hole pre-drilled in the pinion shaft so that will be going in the rear axle. The main reason I definitely want the HD ring/pinion gears in these axles is because from what Ty told me the Tekin ROC 412 has a ton of power especially on 3S to brake shit. "thumbsup"

And as I previously posted there is a reason I'm running the stock axle shafts/dog bones.

I'm just giving you crap because, well...it was the stock ring and pinions that gave you fits the last time you were here with an otherwise blinged out rig.

229936_2494676863548_1627419928_n.jpg

Jeff has been running stock ring and pinion in his SCX (which was an AX10) and he's not shredded his gears but I've got him on a Novak 55-turn too. :lol:

The light came on!

As long as I have been in crawling I feel like a dumbass saying this, but I never fully understood what 8 deg hubs meant. I have read debates for and against, and understand the performance differences. I was always, 8 degs of what? Now from that pix alone I finally have the full picture. Thank you for that pix.

Be gentle.

Awesome pix by the way.

Did your C hubs and knuckles come with hardware?

Went out with Badger earlier to one of our local crawl spots and snapped a few photos.

The truck is extremely smooth, has plenty of power on 3s and its basically just point and shoot.

Onto the pics....

Driver%20Side%20Shot%201-XL.jpg

Driver%20Side%20Shot%202-XL.jpg

Jump2-XL.jpg

Driver%20Side%20Shot-XL.jpg

Front%20Axle%20Shot-XL.jpg

Front%20Head%20On-XL.jpg

Front%20L%20Air-XL.jpg

Front%20R%203qtr-XL.jpg

Jump1-XL.jpg

Jump2-XL.jpg

This picture is just bad ass "thumbsup"

Jump2-XL.jpg

John, do you get max steering both left & right? Mine will go just about max one way & 2/3 to 3/4 the other. Using the same Axial horn as you, gonna switch to the long robitronics.

Back