• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

My Bomber Build

So I have been going over my Bomber getting it ready for this weekend, got the light bar on.

But I noticed one of the beads on my tires has a tear, it has to be from the factory, I haven't even ran it yet other than just testing on carpet. Hell the tires are still sparkly from what ever manufacturing process.

Shoe goo it? Tire Glue it?
Complain to RPP?
If I leave it as is I feel like its just going to continue to rip.

Tyre glue, or CA glue will fix that. I've been abusing my Growlers lightly and they are holding up well apart from they wear quite quickly. They are incredibly sticky though :D

Tyre glue, or CA glue will fix that. I've been abusing my Growlers lightly and they are holding up well apart from they wear quite quickly. They are incredibly sticky though :D

good to hear. I really want Team Ottsix Voodoo U4's in silver compound, but they were out of stock everywhere.

Last edited:
Very cool rock formations!

Totally unlike what we have here in the Austin area...

Not sure I've seen anyone post crawling shots on that type of rock before.

Very cool rock formations!

Totally unlike what we have here in the Austin area...

Not sure I've seen anyone post crawling shots on that type of rock before.

Yeah the place has special hexagonal Rhyolite rock formations from the ancient volcano, and the way the lava cooled.
https://nature.mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/places/hughes-mountain

hughes-57.jpg

We are going to Elephant Rock state park here shortly, it's big granite rock formations.
https://mostateparks.com/park/elephant-rocks-state-park

Last edited:
Ok, did a shorter session at Elephant rocks. Ran out of time as they closed at 8 and we didn't get there until a quarter after 7. I'm having issues with my front foams, they are 'rolling over' and my tires are being like, all to the side. These two parks are now my favorite place over the Old Mine park, because that place is a dirty dusty mess. My bomber is almost still clean after close to 2.5 hours of fun today.

Also 'almost' lost another knuckle screw, this time a bottom one was about to fall out, what is the deal with these things? I'm lock titing them, but you can't over tighten them or the knuckles won't turn. Will be finding elsewhere to ask about this too.

There was a lot of nice open high speed places, a lot of good smooth crawling, tank traps, jumps, etc as opposed to the Hughes Mountain where I was at today where everything was jagged and hazardous.
I did a lot of jumping here, accidentally did a perfect back flip once lol! I want to go back tomorrow here and do the trail, we only were on the very beginning.

Full album of Elephant rocks crawling
https://imgur.com/a/al0txbj

Last edited:
Sorry for lack of updates.

Saturday I went by a Hobby store that stocks a lot of gear, picked up the Rc4WD high lift jack and a Vanquish servo mount.

KMhoYCEh.jpg

PJqdnl6h.jpg

Then Sunday took my Bomber back to Elephant rocks with a group of guys from Mid Ozark Scalers, and really put it through the paces. I ended up swapping out the DW foams for the firm DD's, so I"m medium front, firm rear now. Works much better, and the non comp cut DD's up front dont case nearly as much tire roll/foam roll over.

I bent both from Vanquish VVD Stub shafts, and ever so slightly bent one of the Vanquish rear shafts. Ordering stub replacements for now, but I'm going to have to look into upgrading my axle shafts further.

At the end of the day I picked my bomber up by the front bumper, then accidentally dropped it vertically, right on my spare tire, and broke the 3d printed tire harness holder >.<

Last edited:
Time to lose that silly spare tire! [emoji41]

Kind of worried about the shafts, i use the stock kit parts and Hopefully they don't bend on my first RC trip...
The shipping times to Canada are Killing me so i have to stock replacement parts just in case i break something.

I have LURC OT shafts on order for the rear and i might get a set of axial Universals for the front.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Time to lose that silly spare tire! [emoji41]

Kind of worried about the shafts, i use the stock kit parts and Hopefully they don't bend on my first RC trip...
The shipping times to Canada are Killing me so i have to stock replacement parts just in case i break something.

I have LURC OT shafts on order for the rear and i might get a set of axial Universals for the front.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Your Bomber doesn't weigh 10 pounds and you are more careful than I am. I don't treat mine like a basher, but I don't baby it either. I think you will be safe.

Yeah I'm considering upgrading to the VXD's or what ever is out there than the VVD's.

The problem I'm having is that they bend right where the hex pin goes through, every time. A new design without the hex pin would fix this instantly.

Last edited:
Mid Ozark Scalers meet at Elephant Rocks 06-03-2018
I felt like I was a party crasher i was the only guy with a 2.2 rig and the only guy with a go fast rig lol, there was one guy running a 2200kv HH revolver on 3 or 4s that was pretty quick though.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/bpn44nd"><a href="//imgur.com/a/bpn44nd">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

hC5A8Wxh.jpg

mtcp927h.jpg

and I finally got my windows tinted, after 10,000 miles in my go fast car
SrixSuOh.jpg

Last edited:
Some of your pics are not available - the ones that are show a great turnout at the event!

Looks like a fun day...

Some of your pics are not available - the ones that are show a great turnout at the event!

Looks like a fun day...

yeah IMGUR is giving me all sorts of problems today. For some reason some of the images aren't in the 'album' and it used to let me move them but it's saying i can't.

Last edited:
Great looking car and spot. I don't think I can resist the urge to put a tiny little fire extinguisher and jack on my bomber any longer.

So it seems my Bomber is going to end up being more of a go fast crawler.

I think I'm going to go back to dropping no spare(lol right after I bought a Vanquish spare and pair of tires), and I'm going to switch out to the rear links to VP Twin hammers uppers and lowers, for a shorter wheel base, tighter turning, and break-over angle.

I'm getting brass knuckle weights for the front first then go from there, and I may also pick up a set of used 1.9's to match the local Scalers guild guys rigs, they all run 1.9 trucks.

All in all, nothing irreversible that I can't just swap back and forth doing for fun until I built a 10.2

Last edited:
That is awesome terrain! Awesome photos and trucks too.

Growler tires look so awesome, but unfortunately they don't work that well here in the trails of PA. They are great on rocks though.

OK I decided not to shorten my Bomber and keep it more less how it is...because I just ordered a scx10.2 based truggy chassis built on GMRC drag queen frame rails from Trojen RC Fab.
Gonna be a 1.9 crawler rig
AQ8jUss.jpg

Damn, that's a wicked-looking chassis!

I'll be watching that build, for sure!

Damn, that's a wicked-looking chassis!

I'll be watching that build, for sure!

I'll put a link to it here once it starts, lead time on fab is 2-3 weeks. So not horrible actually. I'll be researching servo mounts, axles, battery mounts, and transmission setups.

I already am pretty sure I'm going to run a castle mamba x since I already have a castle link, and really like the mamba x. Probably run a 2280kv slate with it.

Back