• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Badger's Axial SCX10 Jeep JK w/ VP Currie Rock Axles

Re: Badger's SCX10 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with VP Currie Rock Axles

I'd be willing to bet he's sleeping just fine.

"thumbsup" Not to knock GCM...he's provided a ton of amazing engineering into the hobby. I have some of his parts and will support him again and again, I can only think though that the metalheads will die quickly. The masses flow to what's quality, what's durable, and most importantly...what's available...If I see out of stock on their website or RPP for months on end (6 to 8months now)...that's not good news. The engineering is there, but the parts aren't. I've posted up...and haven't gotten a reply. Hence...my post."thumbsup"

Here's a listing for the metalheads on their own site...metalheads sold out for .o1 Canadian? Maybe he's concentrating on other parts for other trucks, but he hasn't even run his axles on most of his youtube rigs. Again...not the way to promote you parts. Not to mention, I can count on three fingers who is using the metalheads right now. And maybe 8 fingers who is waiting for GCM to catch up.
GCM Racing WebStore-2013 - MetalHead Drivetrain

Last edited:
Re: Badger's SCX10 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with VP Currie Rock Axles

"thumbsup" Not to knock GCM...he's provided a ton of amazing engineering into the hobby. I have some of his parts and will support him again and again, I can only think though that the metalheads will die quickly. The masses flow to what's quality, what's durable, and most importantly...what's available...If I see out of stock on their website or RPP for months on end (6 to 8months now)...that's not good news. The engineering is there, but the parts aren't. I've posted up...and haven't gotten a reply. Hence...my post."thumbsup"

Here's a listing for the metalheads on their own site...metalheads sold out for .o1 Canadian?
GCM Racing WebStore-2013 - MetalHead Drivetrain

Thanks Bud, was hoping for some good feedback, what you say makes sense too me!!!"thumbsup"

guys

about to pull the trigger on a good deal on rubicon.

Need some battery advice

what is a good size 2S that will fit this rubicon stock.

Are 3 cell lipos too much because I have lots of 2200 3S around but no 2S :(

guys

about to pull the trigger on a good deal on rubicon.

Need some battery advice

what is a good size 2S that will fit this rubicon stock.

Are 3 cell lipos too much because I have lots of 2200 3S around but no 2S :(

My advice would be forget the 2S! Get the rig then upgrade to an ESC that can handle the 3S 2200 packs you already have. IMO the 3S 2200 lipo's are the perfect battery for SCX10's and are the only battery I run in my scalers.

oka thanks

My advice would be forget the 2S! Get the rig then upgrade to an ESC that can handle the 3S 2200 packs you already have. IMO the 3S 2200 lipo's are the perfect battery for SCX10's and are the only battery I run in my scalers.

Hey badger

Did you ever get that new front bumper in with the quick sand winch?

Badger, I got 3 of the batteries you run. Nice small 2200's, but where the wires come out doesn't allow it to fully sit in the tray. I'm thinking of notching it so they can sit flush.

Do yours sit flush in the tray?

Which is a better crawler; this or the twin hammers?

Thanks

I've been debating on the two for a while.
I want more of A crawler so rub may be the way to go

Thanks

I've been debating on the two for a while.
I want more of A crawler so rub may be the way to go

I m agree with you, but....TH is not perfect but price is great...Rubicon is a great rig but at the end cost more and it s a trail/crawler rig only,....yes I know I don t help you and you know what...I have exactly the same BIG problem

lol

I know it sucks eh lol

Decisions, decisions

I am looking for good deals on a Rubicon now - particularly with free shipping

I m agree with you, but....TH is not perfect but price is great...Rubicon is a great rig but at the end cost more and it s a trail/crawler rig only,....yes I know I don t help you and you know what...I have exactly the same BIG problem

Badger, I got 3 of the batteries you run. Nice small 2200's, but where the wires come out doesn't allow it to fully sit in the tray. I'm thinking of notching it so they can sit flush.

Do yours sit flush in the tray?
You mean for the Twin Hammers? Mine fit snug but flush in the battery tray going front to back.

VP was nice enough to send me their new Licensed Rigid Industries Led light bar and Poison Spyder JK LED light bar mounts.

Hi-Res version
353A4413-XL.jpg

Hi-Res version
353A4414-XL.jpg

Hi-Res version
353A4415-XL.jpg

Hi-Res version
353A4424-XL.jpg

Hi-Res version
353A4426-XL.jpg

Hi-Res version
353A4427-XL.jpg

Hi-Res version
353A4429-XL.jpg

What is the size of the Light 5 or 6 inches?:???:

Yes it is the 6"light bar. The same question was asked earlier In the thread.

--Dan

Back