• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Badger's Axial SCX10 Jeep JK w/ VP Currie Rock Axles

Took the Jeep JK out for a night crawl with halfcab's 6x6 behind Carlemont last night. Brought my camera and a shitty little tripod to try and get some cool night shots showing off the lights on our rigs. We will be going back with a better tripod and remote shutter next time.

No fancy edits to the exposure or contrast we done to make the lights brighter.

Hi-Res version
353A5280-XL.jpg

Hi-Res version
353A5285-XL.jpg

Hi-Res version
353A5286-XL.jpg

Hi-Res version
353A5287-2-XL.jpg

Hi-Res version
353A5287-XL.jpg

Hi-Res version
353A5293-XL.jpg

Hi-Res version
353A5299-XL.jpg

SIC"thumbsup" that camera is unreal, pics 4,5 lighting up the rear or your jeep with the blades of grass and plant after awesome, that was fun

Last edited:
I just installed my VP 6" light bar today but haven't wired it up. I did contact the wires to my battery connector but it was dim as a candle. What am I doing wrong?

I just installed my VP 6" light bar today but haven't wired it up. I did contact the wires to my battery connector but it was dim as a candle. What am I doing wrong?
When did you purchase the light? Also, what voltage did you plug it into? They're designed to run on 3s (11v/12v).

When did you purchase the light? Also, what voltage did you plug it into? They're designed to run on 3s (11v/12v).

Just bought the light last week. I'm very new to the RC world but I'm addicted with no end, I only had my Rubicon 2 weeks and I'd been modding it. My batt is a 7.4V lipo. I guess that's what my problem is. Thanks.

If your battery is not 3s, it won't be nearly as bright as that.

Yep. Also, I'm running two round tripple LED lights with diffused optics on my front bumper which are providing the lighting way out in front of my JK. The VP rigid 6" light bar is the same brightness as the MadDogRC EXO Double 4" light bar which is on the windshield of the 6x6. You can see the light from the double 4" does not direct the light at all, it's very broad flood light which is the same as the VP rigid lights.

Hey Badger,
First off, thanks for the sick photos and build thread. I've already built my first JK kit using mostly stock kit parts and now getting ready to build another JK kit.
My VP cart is full of goodies including the curries and I'm ready to pull the trigger. However, after reading this whole thread, I didnt see much info regarding the crawling performance of the axles. (I may have missed it reading it on the iphone). I do have a couple of questions if you dont mind.
1. Are the curries significantly heavier than the stock axles? Stock axial axles/guts vs. Curries with with all VP internals.
2. With the OMF BL's and curries, are you using any additional weights in or around the wheels to lower CG or is that setup doing the trick?

I noticed on mine, with VP BL's and the plastic wheel/tire for the spare, my JK is pretty unstable when crawling. Granted I also have the top on.
To resolve this, I have to remove the spare tire and pull out carrier as well as droop the suspension a bit if I run with the top on. Any performance input is greatly appreciated.
Oh and btw, if the carlemont is the same place I'm thinking about off the 280 where the downhill mountain bikers go, that place is sick!
Thanks again for the post,
Wakeside

I'm running it on mine, but the Curries require a new truss to get full suspension travel. That's what I am waiting on now.

Steve gave me one yesterday, but I don't have Currie's on my SCX10. You should call him right away and make sure you get yours.

Back