• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

B-MOW's Garage...Misc. Projects and Random Rig Builds

B-MOW71

Go Buckeyes!
Gold Star Baby!
Starting something new for a place to share misc. projects, newly purchased parts and supplies, etc. Also I needed a place to keep other rig builds that I've started over the years and have yet to be finished.

This will be my "catch-all drawer" that I will use to share my plans, ideas, projects and anything else that gets towed into the garage to get built, rebuilt or worked on.

I currently have 3 builds that have been started, but do not have a thread of their own. 1. GCM J2 Skeleton, 2. GSpeed V3 w/Capra axles, 3. Newly unboxed Element Gatekeeper Kit. These will be showcased here and I'll add updates to them along the way.

Current state of the B-MOW Garage. A quick cleanup and ready for the projects to roll in!!

IMG_0549.jpg

I like this type of thread!

As always I look forward to your updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn I got a lot of work to do on my garage to even begin to catch up. Loving all the bits and details to make it look like an actual home garage!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I like this type of thread!

As always I look forward to your updates

Thanks for following along!"thumbsup"

Damn I got a lot of work to do on my garage to even begin to catch up. Loving all the bits and details to make it look like an actual home garage!

Well, I do have to admit, the actual home looking garage is brought to you by Element RC. It is the scale garage that came with my Trailwalker. I added all of the signs on the walls and I made the benches out of balsa wood.

Sometime in the future in my spare time (yeah right!!), I'd like to make a scale garage out of real wood with windows and a roll up door.

Well, I do have to admit, the actual home looking garage is brought to you by Element RC. It is the scale garage that came with my Trailwalker. I added all of the signs on the walls and I made the benches out of balsa wood.

Sometime in the future in my spare time (yeah right!!), I'd like to make a scale garage out of real wood with windows and a roll up door.
Ah I didn't know the garage itself was an element box garage. I've used my GK, part of my KR and new expansion is the new SE box. Yours has a much more "home garage" feel with the box you used, which I really like!

I'll follow along in this "catch-all drawer". "thumbsup"

"thumbsup"

Ah I didn't know the garage itself was an element box garage. I've used my GK, part of my KR and new expansion is the new SE box. Yours has a much more "home garage" feel with the box you used, which I really like!

I do like the Trailwalker garage the best since it looks more like a real garage. I also still have the Enduro Sendero garage setup that I keep my Trailwalker parked in to keep it out of the Elements!;-)

IMG_5432.jpg

IMG_5433.jpg

IMG_5435.jpg

IMG_5436.jpg

Very nice indeed!! I'll be following along for sure.
I may have to go buy an Ecto just so I can have a garage of my own. :ror:

I see what you did there [emoji23]

I wondered how long it would take for some to notice that!:lmao:

Following! The scaleness is always on point.

Thanks!"thumbsup"

if you have a 3d printer
some of this files could be helpful for you scale garage

https://cults3d.com/en/users/tmdario/creations

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out."thumbsup"

Very nice indeed!! I'll be following along for sure.
I may have to go buy an Ecto just so I can have a garage of my own. :ror:

Thanks Jim!

You'll love the Ecto and the box!:)

Something I've been tinkering with on and off now for about a month. I picked up the new IERC Element Stealth Transmission LDT mount. This LDT mount is similar to the Artful Dodgers FoxBelly LCG motor mount, but does not come with a flat skid to mount the transmission to. That will have to be purchased separately. I purchased the Vader Products delrin flat skid with the 3 gear mounting holes pre-drilled in it.

Also, I do have the Artful Dodgers FoxBelly V2 LCG mount and will be comparing them soon.

For now, here's a look at the LDT mount. The Holmes motor is just a placeholder so that I could install the belt drive system. More on the belt drive later.

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

Curious what the ratio is on the belt setup?

3:1, pretty steep imho. Haven't used mine yet, so looking forward to your build and results.

3:1, pretty steep imho. Haven't used mine yet, so looking forward to your build and results.

Would be pretty spot on for a portal rig. That is probably less expensive than the bowhouse spur adapter, kimbrough spur and Robinson pinion I spent $35 on for my 10.3 gladiator stealth x swap

I might be forgetting, but do you have a rig in mind for this setup Brian?

I have contemplated the belt drive for a long time. I am curious how it would work.

I too have thought about trying this out for awhile now. Hopefully once I get it out it'll have good results. If nothing else it should be absolutely silent paired with the Stealth X.

Would be pretty spot on for a portal rig. That is probably less expensive than the bowhouse spur adapter, kimbrough spur and Robinson pinion I spent $35 on for my 10.3 gladiator stealth x swap

I might be forgetting, but do you have a rig in mind for this setup Brian?

No real plans, but I did get it installed in a rig. More details on the way.

This belt drive system is very cheap. Found it on eBAy and it comes with 2 drive systems. Here's the listing on eBAy. I'm not a genius when it comes to gear ratios, but it does list the ratio at 13:36

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0634(1).jpg

Next up is the Artful Dodgers FoxBelly V2+ Delrin Stealth X Transmission LCG motor mount. Very nice product from Poland. Package well and excellent quality. It took about 4 weeks to get to the States from Poland, but shipping was only $1, yes one dollar.

Nice beveled edge delrin skid with their logo etched into it. It comes with all stainless steel hardware to mount the Element Stealth X. I should also mention that I did pick up a spare Stealth X from RPP Hobby for this build.

I'll have comparison side-by-side pics of this and the IERC coming next. Both are very similar in design and look fairly similar.

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

Back